PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Rugby entering new competition !!

Angus
18/09/2007, 7:03 AM
Season tickets arrived yesterday for Leinster Rugby and apparently I have tickets for the Mangers League ? as opposed to Magners ?

Spell check, dude.

Monkfish
18/09/2007, 6:10 PM
I always thought it was spelt B.u.l.m.e.r.s.?:cool:

CollegeTillIDie
23/09/2007, 8:38 AM
Well given some of the performances by so -called First choice Leinster players in the green shirt of Ireland maybe they do have Mange! :D

backstothewall
28/09/2007, 6:58 PM
I always thought it was spelt B.u.l.m.e.r.s.?:cool:

Mr Magner was the guy who set the company up. Bulmers was/is an English cider company who paid him to carry their name. You had better get used to it, they will probably become Magners south of the border within a few years.

Monkfish
28/09/2007, 7:06 PM
Mr Magner was the guy who set the company up. Bulmers was/is an English cider company who paid him to carry their name. You had better get used to it, they will probably become Magners south of the border within a few years.

If i can get used to snickers from marathon and 37 from FC im sure il be grand, completly off topic and im slapping my wrist as i type this but does anyone reckon the pint bottle tastes nicer out of a half pint glass with ice rather than the 'normal' pint glass with ice?

Lim till i die
03/10/2007, 12:49 PM
but does anyone reckon the pint bottle tastes nicer out of a half pint glass with ice rather than the 'normal' pint glass with ice?

Ya

Women I believe they're called

paul_oshea
03/10/2007, 2:06 PM

not quite. H.P. Bulmers, I first discovered this when (trying to ) lifting a keg of strongbow in a north london pub a good few years ago now.....

Jerry The Saint
03/10/2007, 2:41 PM

Only noticed this weekend that the billboard on the way out of Dublin Airport advertises Magners only, with a "Home of Magners Irish Cider" tagline.

Whatever the name both Mr. Magner and Mr. Bulmer showed an appalling lack of respect for the apostrophe when coming up with a name :mad: :p