PDA

View Full Version : MY views on Bray game (what the internet is for)

LFC in Exile
22/04/2003, 1:17 PM
Thought we were really unlucky. I thought Bray were desperate - long ball all the time. Really disappointed with them. Apart from their keeper who made two astonishing saves.

As for Limerick I was encouraged that we tried to play football quite a bit. At times we played too much of it - and I blame the first goal on that. We had chances to belt it away but didn't. There was too much football between the full-backs and centre halves and it could cost.

Keating is a nice footballer but he is most guilty of getting caught in possession. Most times he does the right thing but at least twice in the opening 20 minutes he put us in trouble by trying to take on the winger instead of playing down the line to Heffernan or O'Flynn. O'Flynn is really top class at holding the ball up - we should use that more and get the ball to him more directly. Actually Keating was up against their number 11 who was an absolute stick.

I thought Foley was exposed. He is a great tryer and will never let the side down but he kills any monemtum in a move. Foley is never involved in quick breaks. He takes two touches to control and then pushed in field - back into cover. Cooney was excellent on that wing in the second half - all the danger to Bray came down that line.

Sweeney is a good player and stood up to Gormley well when the old fella started tiring and kicking. He needs an older head in there with him - Whyte did okay but I don't think he is the best we could do in there. I'd love to see Sweeney and Hughes in there together. I think Sweeney against Hill tonight is going to be some clash.

O'Flynn did take too much out of it at times - it is frustrating.

The first goal really was a flike. It rolled down his shin and lopped off over Healy. He is a really good player but that was a fluke. The second goal was shocking defending - both Finucane and Purcell leaving it for the other fella to do and not taking responsibility.

I was really happy though at the standard of football Limerick played. At times I thought they were too intricate. Limerick are only missing one player - an Eddie Gormley or dare I say it a Dave Hill type player in the centre. A player who has been around a bit. Is able to talk to the younger players. Kill the game in midfield if needs be or plays the clever ball even if that is a 50 yard punt towards the opposition corner flag.

This is heartening - but we need a win tonight.