PDA

View Full Version : Stig Challenge You Bray Fans!

@ndy
22/04/2003, 11:57 AM
Following our defeat of both the longford and Cork Fanzines...we challenge you to a 5 a side on the night of the league cup game if ur up for it...we even have a crazy yank who wants to play in goal for ya....seagulls nest...as a belfield regular last season...i'll leave it up to you to get the team together to challenge our unbeaten run

pineapple stu
22/04/2003, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
we even have a crazy yank who wants to play in goal for ya

So I'm dropped after all my hard work?! :eek:

Just as well I'm down the country working that week anyway. Go ahead, lose without your keeper! I'll just sit here with the Cup the STIG team won and remember that for one moment, I had teammates. :D

Bonus points for the Simpsons episode?

@ndy
23/04/2003, 1:05 PM
I meant for them...but if ure away then he can play for us :P

Kickeroo
23/04/2003, 2:28 PM
Either side is fine with me.....it'll be a clean sheet regardless:D

TheSeagullsNest
24/04/2003, 7:27 PM
Date ? Time ? and outdoor or indoor ?

We actually play footie every monday and have 2 keepers so that rules thye yank out - unless he's Brad Fredil that is. Honestly now, what kind of level do ya play at ?

Kickeroo
30/04/2003, 12:20 PM
For me, anyway....I play Master's Division amateur stuff, now. I ahev no pro numbers to speak of, but my current GAA is exactly 1.0 in 8 games for this season. How's that?

And if Stu ain't going to be around, I'll gladly step in and make the UCD-ers proud.

pineapple stu
30/04/2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Kickeroo
my current GAA is exactly 1.0 in 8 games for this season.

:confused: :confused:

Kickeroo
30/04/2003, 7:04 PM
OK...quick math.

My team, as of right now:

7 wins, 1 loss.

25 goals scored for
8 goals scored against.

8 total games/8 goals against = 1.0 goals-against-average

Does that help?

pineapple stu
30/04/2003, 10:01 PM
Ahhh...youz Americans do like your meaningless stats, don't you?!

Kevin Kilbane - 1.8 crosses per match, 4 goals, 3498 minutes of international football with 5 KCs and 7.2 forward passes per match - what's important is that he's sh!te though!

GAA rating of 1 sounds like a hurling handicap!

Kickeroo
01/05/2003, 12:05 PM
Stats speak volumes more than Guinness-laden smack talk.

Tell ya what, Stu, I'll just let my goalkeeping do the talking in your absense. I'll defend your goal with honor and then we can talk football after that. Good luck on your tests. Don't choke.

pineapple stu
02/05/2003, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by Kickeroo
I'll just let my goalkeeping do the talking in your absense. I'll defend your goal with honor and then we can talk football after that.

So long you help us beat the Bray, I don't mind!;)

Kickeroo
06/05/2003, 11:49 AM
(copy-and-paste post from the UCD thread)

Best of luck on all of the exams you guys seem to be having. I remember my college days, and this time of year always sucked for me too. Keep the caffeine flowing, and remeber, once you're in the post-university days, NOBODY is going to require you to know everything off of the top of your head. The trick is knowing where to look it up and apply it. So cheat away!!!!

One way, or another (cue the Blondie song)......I'll be at Belfied's turf picthes next Monday, around 4 p.m. If anyone's around to slap the ball around, great, if not, Mrs. Kickeroo and I will go grab a bite and a pint and be back in time for the UCD/Bray main event.

Look for the guy with the Stone Cold knee brace and the bright royal blue "Fan Rats" pullover. The video camera and backpack are dead giveaways, too.