PDA

View Full Version : V- Sligo Rovers

feo123
13/09/2007, 3:23 PM
many of ye coming down for this one lads? don't start going on about what happened last time, its done with now and hopefully this should be a good game, ye seem a bit hot and cold at the minute, many injuries or anything?

DmanDmythDledge
13/09/2007, 8:56 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to get to this one. Like the Showgrounds, Jinks Avenue stand a good place to watch the game from. McNally went off injured against Cork so hopefully it isn't a reccurance of his lat injury as he is our most important player, as can be seen by the games he missed and after he went off on Monday. Tony Mc and Doyle should be back but Paul Byrne is still out of action. Sligo are missing Peers, who I've been impressed with this season, so their defence is somwhat weakened. I'd be surprised if either team fails to score so a 1-1 draw is my prediction.

Angus
14/09/2007, 12:22 PM
Not going to make this one.

Anybody going ? Anybody available to do text updates ?

Gargamel
14/09/2007, 2:56 PM
yes we will be coming down in our thousands just for the lad in the celtic shirt

BEWARE

SligoBrewer
14/09/2007, 3:52 PM
yes we will be coming down in our thousands just for the lad in the celtic shirt

BEWARE

as long as you pay the adult admission fee for the thousands of ants in your ant farm, we dont mind

pineapple stu
14/09/2007, 4:31 PM
Going to be in Prague unfortunately.

Lot of injuries on our side - Bermingham, Tony, Crowley, Allie Mac, Paul Byrne. Would take a point now.

U-C-D
14/09/2007, 9:22 PM
possible team with all the injuries considered, in brackets is the team i would pick

GK : Quigley

RB : Mahon
CB : Shorthall
CB : McMillan
LB : Kenna

RM : C.Byrne
CM : McFaul
CM : Finn
LM : McWalter (Fitzgerald)

ST : Hynes
ST : Sammon

Defence is very untested but can't think of what else it could be really?!?

Think McWalter will play as he is the one experienced player in midfield however i would love to see all the young lads giving a run together!!

DmanDmythDledge
14/09/2007, 10:19 PM
Fitzgerald is out, I think.

I'd have King instead of Hynes and move Finn behind the striker.

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 9:08 AM
Won't be able to head down. The usual story in Ireland, no way to return via public transport after the game.:rolleyes:

Knappagh Red
15/09/2007, 11:30 AM
Stay the night you cheapskate

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 1:38 PM
Stay the night you cheapskate

Read the name.;)

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 2:09 PM
edit to my line-up! timmy will probably start up front with sammo

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 6:51 PM
Seems Ocean FM aren't doing this one.:mad:

Bunny Kelly
15/09/2007, 7:42 PM
Any updates on how the first half went, who is on top etc?

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 7:50 PM
Any updates on how the first half went, who is on top etc?

I hear it's a poor game with little doing for either team. Sligo winning 1-0 though.

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 7:57 PM
derek doyle is playing left back and mcfaul and finn in centre mid with hynes and sammo upfront!!

doyle left back - bit of suprise, thoughts?

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 7:59 PM
2-0 to sligo, handball by alan mahon and penalty scored by foy

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 8:03 PM
doyle left back - bit of suprise, thoughts?

What's wrong with Killian Gallagher? He looked decent before Bermingham came in.

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 8:09 PM
not sure that he even starts for U.21's any more but wether it be gallagher or the current LB for 21's (forget his name, something like seany) or evan mcmillan its dissapointing mahon is not giving the younger lads a chance.
i would like to see these play as in my opinion the season has come to the stage where there is little to play for so why not give them a go!?!

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 8:11 PM
We've still to secure safety. Apart from the Drogheda game our form is woeful. Thankfully the teams below us are doing just as worse but if we continue this form we could sink back into the battle. It's a pity we're in such poor shape for the Derry cup game.

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 8:19 PM
if only paul byrne was fit! how much we miss his goals! sammo's played about 22 games and scored 4 goals in the league - thats just brutal, even doyler has more goals and he's probably played half that amount of games

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 8:29 PM
timmy subbed on but gone off injured in an ambulance! leg injury of some sort i believe! another blow

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 8:34 PM
2-1 murphy with the goal. final score!

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 8:36 PM
Murphy scored.

Poor Student
15/09/2007, 8:58 PM
I got a text to say Doyle's ankle was broken.:(

feo123
15/09/2007, 9:10 PM
ye're left back, not sure of his name...number 3 tonight has broke his leg or something. maybe his ankle but hes definatly f**ked! ventre won the ball in a tackle late on inside the box but his weight went on ye're lads leg it happened really fast, people could hear the snap 40 yards away in the main stand! players rushed to him frantically signalling to the bench.
hope hes ok

biscuit
15/09/2007, 11:13 PM
broke his leg.was sitting near the tunnel and heard the snap. he lay on his back with the snapped leg sideways in the sir.you could see how bad it was from other players reaction and pete mahon was devastated.when they carried him off you could visably see the break..horrific.was taken by ambulance within minutes.was talking to one of the players after, said it was real bad. get well soon.:ball:

U-C-D
15/09/2007, 11:26 PM
yes doyle broke his leg in 2 places i believe. thats a correction on timmy being taken in an ambulance it was in fact doyle!!

unfortunate consider he has just found his way back into the team

DmanDmythDledge
16/09/2007, 12:03 AM
broke his leg.was sitting near the tunnel and heard the snap. he lay on his back with the snapped leg sideways in the sir.you could see how bad it was from other players reaction and pete mahon was devastated.when they carried him off you could visably see the break..horrific.was taken by ambulance within minutes.was talking to one of the players after, said it was real bad. get well soon.:ball:
Terrible thing to happen. No malice or bad tackle involved at all- Doyle went for a strike on goal, defender nicked the ball away at the last second and he struck the defender's leg full force. As feo said you could hear it miles away but the ref and a few players played on for a bit afterwards while there was pandamodium at the other end of the pitch. Never seen a worse reaction fromn players to an injury. He'll be lucky to play again I'd say.

On the game we were brutal and deserved nothing. Fluke goal at the end by Murphy. Defender tried to clear it, miskicked, bounced off his thigh and went in.

Poor Student
16/09/2007, 7:27 AM
He'll be lucky to play again I'd say.

Are you sure about that?:eek:

Who is Murphy by the way?:confused:

DmanDmythDledge
16/09/2007, 12:00 PM
Are you sure about that?:eek:

Who is Murphy by the way?:confused:
There is a chance he'll never play again. Alan Smith and Cisse had similar injuries but they were able to recover due to top class medical help, which I doubt we could afford.

Paul Murphy, the fella on loan from Pats.

U-C-D
16/09/2007, 1:51 PM
news update - he should be alright! he had the leg set back into place in sligo and there is pins being put into his either today or tomo. should be out and home on wednesday i believe! so unlucky

Schumi
16/09/2007, 4:21 PM
Sounds awful, hope he recovers OK.

feo123
16/09/2007, 10:30 PM
didnt think it was as bad as it sounded when he was been taken off, because they just put him onto the stretcher straight away and it took no time at all hardly.....usually it'd take 4 or 5 min

sligored
17/09/2007, 10:28 AM
hope he makes a full recovery.

pineapple stu
17/09/2007, 5:19 PM
There is a chance he'll never play again.
That was just your speculation so! Thought you had been talking to Looper or someone.

Initial reports sound good though. Plenty of players have recovered from similar injuries, although he'll be out for a long time. Here's hoping for the best!

Was wondering a few weeks back how Podge would get back into the team with Doyler doing so well. How ironic...

Seagull
17/09/2007, 7:36 PM
didnt think it was as bad as it sounded when he was been taken off, because they just put him onto the stretcher straight away and it took no time at all hardly.....usually it'd take 4 or 5 min

Irish Times today says he broke his chin! :eek:

DmanDmythDledge
17/09/2007, 9:04 PM
That was just your speculation so! Thought you had been talking to Looper or someone.

Initial reports sound good though. Plenty of players have recovered from similar injuries, although he'll be out for a long time. Here's hoping for the best!
:D

When Alan Smith got a similar injury it was said that he would be out for 12 months but was made a comeback after 6 months, albeit only a few runouts as a sub. From what U-C-D has just said it doesn't seem to be as bad as I feared, but I'm 99% certain he will miss the first month or so of next season at least (if I'm right thinking it's a double break of ankle and leg).

Irish Times today says he broke his chin! :eek:
They must have meant shin?:confused:

pineapple stu
17/09/2007, 9:14 PM
Oh yeah - can see this being as long as Podge's injury, which is actually pretty much a year ago exactly. So wouldn't be surprised to see him out until June or so anyway.

sligoman
18/09/2007, 1:20 PM
Is the injured player any good for ye? What age is he?

John83
18/09/2007, 1:27 PM
Is the injured player any good for ye? What age is he?
Not sure about his age, though he's youngish. He's a so-so left winger with a good nose for a goal. Useful enough.

DmanDmythDledge
18/09/2007, 4:56 PM
He's 21.

pineapple stu
18/09/2007, 8:33 PM
Highlights.

lSnfzIrCZpc

Looks like awful defending all round.

Schumi
18/09/2007, 8:59 PM
I see Conor Kenna dyed his hair black before handling the ball for that penalty. :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
18/09/2007, 9:02 PM
I wonder does Mrs Mahon know?