PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Hand rolled out instead of Delaney

drummerboy
13/09/2007, 12:42 PM
Delaney refused to go on the RTE1 News, so Eoin Hand was put forward.

soccerc
13/09/2007, 12:45 PM
Delaney refused to go on the RTE1 News, so Eoin Hand was put forward.

...yes, but they are in Prague and would need to work out the PR angles before they arrive home. Like for instance who to put out to hang on talk radio tomorrow;)

As suspected

spaceghost
13/09/2007, 12:48 PM
flippin typical of the spineless toad:mad:.
the guttless shower of wasters sent out poor bobby robson to face the flack the last time. the fai is rotten to the core, only interested in their perks and junkets,they dont give a damn about irish football,

Saint07
13/09/2007, 5:42 PM
Delaney is gonna be on six one in a few mins. we'll hear the same from him tonight as we did after the san marino game. building for the future.... every fate in Stan......he's still the right man.

Lionel Ritchie
13/09/2007, 5:45 PM
Delaney is gonna be on six one in a few mins. we'll hear the same from him tonight as we did after the san marino game. building for the future.... every fate in Stan......he's still the right man.

"it's evident that from within Irish football the manager has the support".... "fans stayed on for twenty minutes after the game applauding the team and manager"...

what fcuking planet is this clown on?:mad:

onceahoop
13/09/2007, 8:16 PM
"it's evident that from within Irish football the manager has the support".... "fans stayed on for twenty minutes after the game applauding the team and manager"...

It's easy to get caught up in a spirited performance full of fight and stout hearts. Fans emotions run riot. Yes a lot of players gave it 100%. Yet for the first 30 minutes we got a lesson in pasing and movement. It was like men against boys. Only when Hunt came on did we see the fight.

The world and his wife has been saying on these threads that Stan picked the wrong team last Saturday and last night. It's like the mother watching the army parade and telling the world that all the soldiers are out of step except her son Johnny. Of course they applauded a spirited performance. The players on the pitch didn't lose it. The manager did by picking the wrong team and refusing to believe the evidence before his eyes.

Schumi
13/09/2007, 8:25 PM
"fans stayed on for twenty minutes after the game applauding the team and manager"Kept in by security according to the Herald. More spin? :rolleyes:

MariborKev
13/09/2007, 9:52 PM
Total spin.

There were a line of riot cops preventing us from exit.

The team were applauded off. Stan disappeared without even acknowledging the support.

Several "Stan must go" banners appeared at the end.

The crowd sang " Let us out, let us out" an " On the One Road" to amuse ourselves.

Noelys Guitar
13/09/2007, 10:58 PM

I fell off my chair when I heard him say that. Stan will be gone post Germany match. Watch as Delaney tries to deflect the flack away from himself and throws Staunton under the bus in some type of "mutual consent" nonsense.

horney
15/09/2007, 4:54 PM
delaney is a business orientated f***** he's only in it for the money he obviously has no intrest in restoring a successful team

keenanboy
17/09/2007, 8:36 AM
Agree with most posts here. Delaney is by all accounts a good administrator but its power gone mad and he has surrounded himself with cronies who won't go against him.

He reminds me of the office 'hanger' every place of work has one, its the person who takes credit for things they didn't do and doesn't accept responsibility for things they mess up, blaming the next person every time.

I fear the worst in this group and can only see us picking up 3 more points ( home vs Cyprus). I think Germany will come here and dispatch us with their usual efficiency and Wales will do likewise. Wales will be used to 'blood' new players and they will lose 'gallantly.' but as ever stan will be pleased with what he saw.