PDA

View Full Version : The purpose of friendlies for Ireland

carloz
13/09/2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe its just me but i think we should totally give up on them. Our performance against Denmark proved this, they are esentially a pointless exercise that we somehow seem ot take more serioulsy than other countires. Would we not be much better getting some 35 of our squad together in Ireland, train a lot for that week with them and work on team unity.

tetsujin1979
13/09/2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe its just me but i think we should totally give up on them. Our performance against Denmark proved this, they are esentially a pointless exercise that we somehow seem ot take more serioulsy than other countires. Would we not be much better getting some 35 of our squad together in Ireland, train a lot for that week with them and work on team unity.
Sounds like what the rugby team did. Look how that worked out.

drummerboy
13/09/2007, 12:13 PM
Staunton can't organise 11 of them, what would he be like with 35

Schumi
13/09/2007, 12:13 PM
The purpose of friendlies is to make money for the associations. Team building is secondary.

carloz
13/09/2007, 12:18 PM
The purpose of friendlies is to make money for the associations. Team building is secondary.

thats a thing we need to change obviously

backstothewall
13/09/2007, 7:14 PM
They aren't being used in he right way. Staunton is firefighting at the minute, and that means playing basicall the best 11 he can, instead of having a settled 11, and using friendlies to have a look at a few alternatives