PDA

View Full Version : Top class midfielder is what we need

Neil
20/04/2003, 4:08 PM
Even though Greg and Conor and Alan Bennett are very good players I still think losing Alan Reynolds is a huge loss. We really need someone of his class and composure in MF.

So who can we get?

I don't think there is anyone currently playing in Ireland who we can realistically get. Hunt and Martyn are the only two who are better than Greg and O'Grady but I can't see either coming to Cork.

How about Damian Delaney?

Surely giving him a lucrative full-time pro deal back in Cork would be attractive for him and I'd say he'd do a good job for us in the middle. It has to be better than playing for some nobodies like Hull (is that where he is?) and he'd be at home.

A face
20/04/2003, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by Neil
How about Damian Delaney?

Now you're talking ... i like the sound of that :)

joe
20/04/2003, 4:45 PM
Originally posted by Neil

It has to be better than playing for some nobodies like Hull (is that where he is?) and he'd be at home.

dunno about that - they had over 15,000 at their game yesterday.

surely we could over martyn a decent deal - seems like he wants away from derry, and they might be more likely to sell him to us than a dublin team?

UCD_4_Life
20/04/2003, 5:09 PM
Originally posted by joe
dunno about that - they had over 15,000 at their game yesterday.

surely we could over martyn a decent deal - seems like he wants away from derry, and they might be more likely to sell him to us than a dublin team?

As far as I know he wants to leave in order to go back to Dublin.

Éanna
20/04/2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
As far as I know he wants to leave in order to go back to Dublin. yeah, apparently it's a work-related thing.

We do need another midfielder, but IMO the best hope is for bennett to move forward an napier to return at the back, because Grady just hasn't impressed me at all since he returned from injury. it's definitely our weakest spot though.

REYNOLDS=JUDAS

A face
21/04/2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
REYNOLDS=JUDAS

No no no .....

Reynolds = Fool .... i am betting at the end of this season ... It will affect him more than us. We are better off without him if that was his mindset.

Éanna
21/04/2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by A face
No no no .....

Reynolds = Fool .... i am betting at the end of this season ... It will affect him more than us. We are better off without him if that was his mindset.
true. but he's still a judas