PDA

View Full Version : Irish Times Advert

A face
13/09/2007, 1:00 AM
The Irish Times Advert that appears on top of the page, "Devoted to Sport" ..... is that complete hypocrisy or what?

soccerc
13/09/2007, 1:01 AM
The Irish Times Advert that appears on top of the page, "Devoted to Sport" ..... is that complete hypocrisy or what?

No

it's their daily sports supplement the ad is for if you took the time to read it :D

Magicme
13/09/2007, 8:17 AM
I just think its pretty.

pete
13/09/2007, 1:37 PM

Why? Its 8 pages of sport... :confused:

GuisaSaigon
13/09/2007, 2:14 PM
I never read the Times, last time I did the sports coverage was crap. Has it Improved? Do they cover LOI now?

DmanDmythDledge
13/09/2007, 2:19 PM
I never read the Times, last time I did the sports coverage was crap. Has it Improved? Do they cover LOI now?
I find their sport coverage very good. Emmet Malone is the best sports journalist in the broadsheets. More coverage to the eL than any other broadsheet too. Don't know what it's like for eL coverage during the week though.

pete
13/09/2007, 9:24 PM
I find their sport coverage very good. Emmet Malone is the best sports journalist in the broadsheets. More coverage to the eL than any other broadsheet too. Don't know what it's like for eL coverage during the week though.

Malone is the best eL journalist. I think the eL takes a back seat in all the papers when the Internationals are on.

A face
14/09/2007, 11:44 PM
No

it's their daily sports supplement the ad is for if you took the time to read it :D

I didn't, i just pigeon-holed the whole paper, supplements and all, kinda like some of the coverage eL receives. It was a sweeping generalisation on my behalf and i'm quite proud of it.

The Irish Times sucks ...... there ..... i've said it ;)

soccerc
15/09/2007, 3:09 AM
I didn't, i just pigeon-holed the whole paper, supplements and all, kinda like some of the coverage eL receives. It was a sweeping generalisation on my behalf and i'm quite proud of it.

Eh? you madam are a fool! There I've said it:D

A face
15/09/2007, 10:48 AM
Eh? you madam are a fool! There I've said it:D

Well, you're allowed be wrong at least once :p

pete
15/09/2007, 11:36 AM

What paper has good eL coverage?

BTW the IT is the best Irish paper.

Raheny Red
16/09/2007, 8:57 AM
What paper has good eL coverage?

I find The Mirror, The Star and The Sun equally good when it comes to the eL

Anto McC
16/09/2007, 11:48 AM
I think the Times eL coverage is as good as any to be honest and as papers go, it's the best in the Country.

pete
16/09/2007, 11:52 AM
I find The Mirror, The Star and The Sun equally good when it comes to the eL

What happens when you want to read actually non-sport news & not just look at pictures & celebrity gossip?

There is not enough eL news to warrant daily coverage anyway.