PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers 1-1 Sligo

ramsie
19/04/2003, 11:49 PM
how ramblers didnt win i dont no
starting line up: Slattery, Yelverton, White, Brosnan, O'Donovan, Buckley(c), Cummins, Conlon, Coker, O'Reilly, Tynan.
Subs Used: McGregor and Moore.
Players out: Bruton(army duity), Kabia(Sus),
Manager Dave Hill sent off
Ramblers dominated the second half putting loads of pressure on the Sligo Defence.

RamblersWeb
20/04/2003, 4:23 PM
Cobh Ramblers and Sligo Rovers preserved their unbeaten eircom League First Division records when they fought out a 1-1 draw at St.Colman's Park on Saturday night despite Don O'Riordan's side taking the lead after 14 minutes.

Paul McTierman was able to touch the ball home from close range when he collected a Derek O'Brien cross after a neat lay-off by Luther Watson. Both Eoghan Conlon and Jonathan Coker wasted half chances before McTiernan scuffed another shot just wide.

Cobh applied all the pressure after the break and were level on 44 minutes when Irish Schools international James Cummins scored his first senior goal for the club. And it was the home side who almost snatched victory with 15 minutes remaining when Coker rounded Sligo 'keeper Ciaran Kelly only to see his goal-bound shot blocked by defender Barry O'Dwyer on the line.

Teams:
Cobh Ramblers - Slattery; Yelverton, O'Donovan, Brosnan, White; Conlon, Cummins, Buckley, Tynan; Coker, O'Reilly. Subs. - McGregor for O'Reilly (45 mins.), Moore for Conlon (76 mins.).

Sligo Rovers - Kelly; Rossiter, O'Dwyer, Carr, Murphy; O'Dowd, Watson, Gaffney, O'Brien; Mullan, McTiernan. Sub. - Feeney for Carr (76 mins.).

Referee - S.Meighan (Dublin).

Gary
20/04/2003, 5:08 PM
Twas a bad game with two bad teams. However, how anyone could call that surface playable is beyond me. Ramblers without Bruton are a different team, in that they are fairly cwap.

Ant Buckley is a great signing for ye though. I felt he fairly controoles the game last night.

I like dthe look of that McTiernan feen for Sligo though.He will be a Prem player next season wheter Sligo are promoted or not.

Cobh Ramblers
20/04/2003, 6:11 PM
ref was ok but had no experience. both teams played well but ramblers should have won the game.

jammer scored with a lovely strike. hot prospect for the future!

cant wait for the game tuesday!

gustavo
20/04/2003, 10:32 PM
ill put my neck ont he line here and say that mcternan is probably one of the finest young prospects in the eircom league, just as good a prospect as dare i say it john o flynn :o

Cobh Ramblers
21/04/2003, 3:43 PM
hes no where near o'flynns standard!