PDA

View Full Version : Irish Managers

Sonic
12/09/2007, 5:55 PM
I have come to the conclusion after Ireland performed so badly against Namibia and at this stage with the team the rugby team has maybe the knowledge and expertise of Irish managers like Eddie O SUllivan Brian Kerr and Steve Staunton should be called into question. I dont think as people we have a notion how to manage a team properly. If the FAI are going to persist with Irish people as part of a world class management team you may as well give the job to Stephen Kenny, Paul Doolin or anyone they cant do much worse.

GavinZac
12/09/2007, 6:02 PM
Paul Doolin ... cant do much worse.

you'd think so... you'd be wrong!

imagine the dour rubbish we'd have to endure, without even so much as a penny for the bald one to fritter away on comfort signings!

pineapple stu
13/09/2007, 12:18 AM
And think of where people like me would be stuck if Doolin became Ireland manager!

Paul Doolin's green and ****** army!

DonO'Bate
13/09/2007, 12:23 AM
Yeah, Pete Mahon for Ireland, Stan out, anybody else in.

pineapple stu
13/09/2007, 12:33 AM
Now you're thinking! :p

soccerc
13/09/2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, Pete Mahon for Ireland, Stan out, anybody else in.

Good thought but it'll never happen. Pete's not a yes man

Dodge
13/09/2007, 6:13 AM
maybe the knowledge and expertise of Irish managers like Eddie O SUllivan

He's generally recognised as being one of the best managers in the world.

Ozymandias
13/09/2007, 9:41 AM

At least Eddie held his hand up and called it what it was a Horror Show against namibia....Staunton claimed san marino were going to make it difficult for all teams after that horror show

Dublin12
13/09/2007, 9:53 AM
If this clown is still in charge for the Germany game supporters should do something about it rather than moaning on and on. We should not go to the game as a sort of protest to let the clowns at the FAI see we will not put up with it in the future. They usually do this in other countries, but being Irish sure we will put up with anything I suppose.

Hibs4Ever
13/09/2007, 9:55 AM

Eddie O'Sullivan is a great manager. Will be next Lions manager (think he's manager of Barbarians for upcoming games in November too)

mackannovic
13/09/2007, 10:01 AM
If this clown is still in charge for the Germany game supporters should do something about it rather than moaning on and on. We should not go to the game as a sort of protest to let the clowns at the FAI see we will not put up with it in the future. They usually do this in other countries, but being Irish sure we will put up with anything I suppose.

In theory that would work but in reality I'd say over 50% of the crowd at Ireland games are either 1. Parents with kids wanting to see Ireland 2. People who purley just want to see Croke Park and 3. And probably the largest proportion - Corporate Suits and Businessmen who just so happened to come across a ticket at ten to five on the day of the game and have nothing better to do. If the stadium was in Athlone or anywhere else than Dublin I'd say you'd have a chance of a protest.

Sonic
13/09/2007, 7:51 PM

My only gripe with him is that he seems to have a very negative attitude. Ireland never really show the killer instinct that is shown by all the other top Rugby nations.

Ozymandias
14/09/2007, 9:12 AM
My only gripe with him is that he seems to have a very negative attitude. Ireland never really show the killer instinct that is shown by all the other top Rugby nations.

sorry for laughing but looking for a killer instinct when youhave guys nicknamed bod, rog, shaggy D'arce etc

the french have the caveman, the butcher etc

made me laugh anyway...I'll get my coat