PDA

View Full Version : Bray

gael353
19/04/2003, 5:09 PM
Pitch wasn't great i thought...Heffo runs on to a true ball oh....its airborn and goes over his head and safe for the defenders. What im saying is that pitch was bumpy and the grass was all seaweed **** too by the looks of it. Oh yea riddle me this lads...the cover charge to get into the pub...4euro for Limerick fans 2 for Bray????? i didnt know this was there home ground!

deise deserter
19/04/2003, 8:22 PM
Strange but true - Gael 353 tells the truth.

Was on the other side of the fence from the back door. Poster stuck up saying cover charge of 4 Euro. Guy on the door asks what club are you from to someone entering. Guy replies "Why, I'm from Bray!!" Door guy says "Ah sure that'll be 2 Euro then."

Obviously we didn't have home advantage from the pub as well as the ref!

Seriously though to charge fans a cover charge to go for a drink on a Friday afternoon is disgraceful. There have been a suspiciously high number of views on this topic and no replies... so lads from the committee - could ye look into this for us? ;)

sadloserkid
22/04/2003, 9:48 AM
Nothing at all wrong with having a cover charge to pay for the Good Firday license. On the other hand if Limerick and Bray fans were actually charged different cover charges then we're dealing with an illegal act and one that could actually be punishable by the removal of the license... So if that's true it really was a stupid, stupid risk to take... :rolleyes:

deise deserter
22/04/2003, 12:28 PM
Posted by SLK:

Nothing at all wrong with having a cover charge to pay for the Good Firday license. On the other hand if Limerick and Bray fans were actually charged different cover charges then we're dealing with an illegal act and one that could actually be punishable by the removal of the license... So if that's true it really was a stupid, stupid risk to take...

Who is the pub being run by? Is it Pike or the Limerick FC Committee? If it is Pike you would imagine that they would have more sense...

sadloserkid
22/04/2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by deise deserter

Who is the pub being run by? Is it Pike or the Limerick FC Committee? If it is Pike you would imagine that they would have more sense...

You would wouldn't you? ;)

BTW :D

LFC in Exile
22/04/2003, 1:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with charging in on Good Friday. This is a club (Pike) that makes hay while the sun shines. Fair play to them.

As for charging Bray fans one price and Limerick fans another - I'd say it probably had more to do with charging what they could ge away with.The Bray fans would just as easily have left it - just like the Bray team did. It's not a big deal.

I presume there won't be a cover at every match.

Deise, I would be absolutely amazed if Limerick were getting anything from the bar on match days. Why should they. This is a chance for Pike to make some money.

sadloserkid
22/04/2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by LFC in Exile
There is nothing wrong with charging in on Good Friday.

Totally agree with you there. It's up to Pike anyway what happens with the bar. It's the differing price rates that I felt were a bit out of order.