PDA

View Full Version : Mons Friday

Magicme
11/09/2007, 1:05 PM
Hope to make it down to your gaff again and this time on the team bus so can enjoy some of the fine vino on offer!

Any predictions (other than me possibly getting drunk?) for this game? I think you mite just hold us to a 1-1 draw. We will prob be missing Robbie Farrell and Darren Meenan so will have less creativity up front. That said maybe Willie Doyle will do the business but I reckon Jason McCartney will score for us.

ForzaForth
11/09/2007, 8:22 PM
Magicme, I agree with your assessment. If we (Youths) can score two goals, I think we can win the match. If Bradley is up to playing 90 minutes, it would be a big plus as he linked well with our other forwards when he came on as a sub for the last 30 minutes against Shelbourne.

Anything less than a win on Friday and I think we will finish in the bottom two.

kopite
13/09/2007, 9:30 AM
with fowler,sorry farrell out,we could do youse,agree with forza,if bradley can stay on the pitch a little bit longer and we keep someone up close to him,we could cause you problems,so i'm going for a 2-1 win.by the way check out de vino in micks gaff,all the way from the turin valley....beat that!

Magicme
13/09/2007, 10:26 AM
Ha yeah forgot you call Fowler too!

Saw the beatutiful wine floating about last time but had to drive so didnt sample any. This time will be more than sampling me thinks!

Magicme
14/09/2007, 12:01 PM
So any more predictions on this game or are you too concerned with Limerick on Sunday??

passinginterest
14/09/2007, 12:36 PM
Feeling confident of two wins on the bounce, scoring 4 and conceding none. We are the embodiment of the Italian national team, how can we lose? :)

Sunny Jim
14/09/2007, 2:00 PM
This and the Limerick game are the first home games I'm going to miss this season. I'm gutted. Anyway I expect us to avenge the 3-2 defeat at home earlier this season. I'll go for a 2-1 win.

ForzaForth
16/09/2007, 10:18 PM
Lot of despondency around Wexford after 3-2 defeat to the Mons, although 1-1 draw against Limerick tonight helped a lot. Against Mons, we played a 3-5-2 formation with two big lads up front (Bradley and Browne) and two wide men (Doyle and Locky) which had one big plus - we were generally a threat going forward for most of the game. When Mons scored their third goal, however, they retreated and we seem to have a problem getting into good positions or putting good crosses in against teams with all their players behind the ball.

Gifted goals to the Mons, however, sealed our fate. First goal - we allowed three passes inside our box from a corner without getting a tackle at any stage. Second goal - big centre forward ambled into oceans of space on the right (with no full back) and his cross reached the far post where it was bundled in. Third goal - cross towards big centre forward from near the half way line which he headed very well with our keeper charging out and getting nowhere near it. Can't concede goals like that and win.

Magicme
17/09/2007, 9:15 AM
Forza I think you were very unlucky not to get the equaliser. You certainly pushed us to the limit throughout the game. Glad to see Aaron Mooney score again making it 4 goals in 4 games against you and he is a defender!

ForzaForth
17/09/2007, 9:07 PM
Magic, if we had put more pressure on for the last 15-20 minutes, I would agree with you. But we didn't really create anything after we went 3-2 down.

Your big guy, Wayne, up front impressed me. Looked like a bit of a stick at the start but then showed a nice touch and surprising amount of pace as well as being good in the air. His fitness looked suspect, however, and he was taken off with about 20 minutes to go. Seems like if he really applied himself he could go further.

Magicme
18/09/2007, 9:12 AM
Wayne has only really played U21's for us this season with a few appearances on the bench for the senior side and think he has come on twice. He defo seems to have potential alright!

True you did tail off towards the end but I do think if they had the slighest sniff of blood they would have been in for the kill.