PDA

View Full Version : Jim Davidson

Pages : [1] 2

Magicme
11/09/2007, 8:12 AM
Anyone else watching Hells Kitchen last nite? What an absolute disgrace of a human being. How Brian Dowling didnt smack him one I will never know.

What got me most was his comment about him being a minority & being "normal". God almighty. Was trying to get myself settled down to sleep but got so riled up about it couldnt sleep for ages. Thank god he is gone and hope his career is down the pan now.

joeSoap
11/09/2007, 10:02 AM
Yep, our Jim is a bit of a tosser alright..always has been too.

Magicme
11/09/2007, 10:04 AM
I was never a fan but am such a live & let live kinda person that until I say how biggoted he was towards Brian the last few nights, he has moved into my "people to boycott" box (Thats where Ms Moss & Mr Doherty currently reside too)

joeSoap
11/09/2007, 10:05 AM
here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6988676.stm)

Pauro 76
11/09/2007, 10:22 AM
Complete t0sser. How come his TV career went down the pan? Remember his presenting Big Break and one or two other shows before he disappeared...

Dodge
11/09/2007, 10:24 AM
Complete t0sser. How come his TV career went down the pan?
Answered yourself there Pauro.

The unfunniest man ever on TV (maybe Brendan O'carroll)

galwayhoop
11/09/2007, 10:37 AM
don't really mind him too much. yes he is extremely rude, obnoxious, racist, sexist ... etc. but that has been his humour for what 20 years or so.

This is just another example of how crazily PC the world is going.

-i must admit to not seeing the show but i am just commenting in general

Schumi
11/09/2007, 10:39 AM
Aww. I thought he was dead when I saw the thread title.

Risteard
11/09/2007, 10:43 AM

The mating call of apologists for racism. That's crap.
Go into a gay bar in spain or Holland with that attitude and you'd soon realise that there is nothing pc about some gay bodybuilder thumping you or getting a stiletto in the eye.

Magicme
11/09/2007, 10:49 AM
I was shocked at his use of some biggoted terms. I was reading the transcript of what was said there a few mins ago and itv have left out what I found most offensive. He said something along the lines of "well what about a white normal person like me" then proceeded to call himself old & fat or something but the inferrance that Brian & gay people were less than normal really got to me.

Dodge
11/09/2007, 10:53 AM

Ah that old chestnut.

its nothing to do with politics. He's just not funny.

Dodge
11/09/2007, 10:55 AM
BTW just for the record, Brian Dowling is far from "Normal". Nothing to do with him being gay, but ****ing hell is he annoying*

Oh and I haven't seen the show either

galwayhoop
11/09/2007, 10:57 AM
The mating call of apologists for racism. That's crap. as i said i didn't see the show but the link insuinated he was thrown off the show for using the term 'shirt lifter'. what did the producers expect when they asked jim davidson onto the show. he has been racist, sexist, .... etc for the last couple of decades. it is akin to bringing a wino into your house and then giving out when he p1sses on the sofa!

Go into a gay bar in spain or Holland with that attitude and you'd soon realise that there is nothing pc about some gay bodybuilder thumping you or getting a stiletto in the eye.
this old chestnut! what attitude??? all i said is he is everything that he has been accused of so why expect anything different!

oh and btw go into a bar in the deep south and talk about 'gay pride' and see how pc.....
or go into a bar on the falls and talk about the greatness of the monarchy ....
or go to israel talking about palistanian rights ....
or go to the shankill road and talk about a united ireland ....
or go to any place where the common viewpoint differs from an extreme view and you will get a negative reaction so what is your point!

holidaysong
11/09/2007, 11:13 AM
I was shocked at his use of some biggoted terms. I was reading the transcript of what was said there a few mins ago and itv have left out what I found most offensive. He said something along the lines of "well what about a white normal person like me" then proceeded to call himself old & fat or something but the inferrance that Brian & gay people were less than normal really got to me.

I was watching the show and he said 'and what about a heterosexual, normal white person like me'.. Unfortunately it isn't just Jim Davidson or people of his age that have these views. I was kissing a guy in a (non-gay) club in Dublin a few weeks ago and I had three different guys in their early twenties come up and verbally abuse me because of witnessing this with one saying he would 'get me' when I left. I know that you shouldn't resort to violence but I have punched people for using homophobic slurs in my presence before and I would probably do it again.

Magicme
11/09/2007, 11:22 AM
I know, my dad, one of the sweetest men in the world, would probably use some of the terms that Jim did but not mean them in a vicious way. That is no excuse & I did see Jim's point that he is of a generation where they would say things like that but he is an intelligent man and should educate himself and restrain himself against using such terms.

BTW very sorry you had to put up with such abuse.

holidaysong
11/09/2007, 11:27 AM
I know my dad, one of the sweetest men in the world, would probably use some of the terms that Jim did but not mean them in a vicious way. That is no excuse & I did see Jim's point that he is of a generation where they would say things like that but he is an intelligent man and should educate himself and restrain himself against using such terms.

He obviously knew that using a term like shirt lifter was going to cause offence, so it is safe to assume that he meant to cause offence. He should know not to use such terms but sadly I don't think he wants to stop using them.

Ringo
11/09/2007, 11:42 AM
Seems rather tame to me. Brian Dowling is so annoying, Jim was winding him up. Don't like Jim Davidson, never did. But if you want some real hatred try this

GodHatesIreland.com

And now, back to our new Website, – God Hates Ireland.com. Back on March 10, 2003, we
warned America about Ireland’s sad, sick, sodomite culture and fag Irish Senator David
Norris’s case before the European Court of Human (i.e., Fag) Rights. (Incidentally, the
“Openly-Gay” fag Irish Senator Norris was represented before that Strasbourg European Fag
Court, by the famous Dyke-Enabler and Irish President, Mary Robinson.) Because we in
America had a similar case – Lawrence v. Texas – pending before the Supreme Court
http://www.godhatesfags.com/sermons/sermons.html

Magicme
11/09/2007, 11:43 AM
Its a disgrace and am glad that ITV removed him from the show. A nasty wee man.

Thats shocking Ringo! However I dont think it is ever "tame" to really upset someone the way Brian was. Also dont think referring to yourself as "normal" while slagging off gay men can be condoned.

jebus
11/09/2007, 11:46 AM
Davidson has made a career off of pawning himself out to the BNP types in Britain with his racist, homophobic nonsense and Hell's Kitchen should have known better than to put him on to spout his nonsense, we're better off without him, Bernard Manning and their like being on the box so good riddance.

And why is everyone so obsessed with this GodHatesIreland thing? Bigots are bigots and they aren't the first to hate Ireland

holidaysong
11/09/2007, 11:50 AM
Seems rather tame to me. Brian Dowling is so annoying, Jim was winding him up. Don't like Jim Davidson, never did. But if you want some real hatred try this

I don't find Dowling annoying at all.. I do agree that is was tame compared to some stuff you see but it still shouldn't happen.

As for the GodHatesFags bunch I wouldn't pass to much remarks to people who are against homosexuality because of something that is written in the bible. People's religious views on how I should live my life are of no interest to me. It is the people who hate homosexuals for other reasons that really scare and upset me.

Pauro 76
11/09/2007, 11:51 AM
Answered yourself there Pauro.

The unfunniest man ever on TV (maybe Brendan O'carroll)

Agreed on that one. Was wondering was there an incident that kept him off the tv screens (such as Barrymore) or just the fact he was sh!t.

Risteard
11/09/2007, 11:52 AM
this old chestnut! what attitude??? !

Jim Davidsons.
You got the wrong end of the stick there.

galwayhoop
11/09/2007, 12:22 PM
Jim Davidsons.
You got the wrong end of the stick there.

fair enough.

but i do think that what happened was always likely when you put 2 lads like davidson and dowling together on a show. its like putting a BNP member on a reality show with an equal rights campaigner. disaster waiting to happen and then the producers/TV company try and take the moral high ground on the issue :rolleyes:

Magicme
11/09/2007, 3:22 PM
Well when it comes to morals the high ground is the place to be.

jebus
11/09/2007, 3:52 PM
Well when it comes to morals the high ground is the place to be.

Thats what Jesus thought, and he gets ripped into on a daily basis on this website. Don't go down the same path as him Magicme :)

stann
11/09/2007, 5:32 PM
Agreed on that one. Was wondering was there an incident that kept him off the tv screens (such as Barrymore) or just the fact he was sh!t.

Mainly the fact he's just sh!t but incidents like this one (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/devon/3205871.stm) with the audience members in wheelchairs in 2003 didn't help. Rather than not abuse people in the front row, he wanted the wheelchair users moved for their own good in case people took him the wrong way. (People taking him up the wrong way, seems to be a perennial problem for the poor chap)
I remember very few people buying that one at the time.

As well as being a nasty individual, he really is rubbish though, really really poor. His early TV appearances are absolutely cringeworthy.

Ringo
11/09/2007, 5:41 PM
Marco love's him;)

Magicme
11/09/2007, 6:20 PM
Thats what Jesus thought, and he gets ripped into on a daily basis on this website. Don't go down the same path as him Magicme :)

Well as my brother likes to sing to me "the Messiah is my sister" :D

Risteard
11/09/2007, 7:44 PM
Well as my brother likes to sing to me "the Messiah is my sister"
:eek::eek:
I sing that to my sister nearly every morning on the stairs when I'm at home.
Nothing like brainwashing your siblings with your musical, sporting and political preferences.

*Risteard wonders could his 11yo sister possibly be making mammoth trips to Monaghan on Friday nights and bluffed the FAI into giving her a CPO job.

Anto McC
11/09/2007, 8:40 PM
You think he's bad now, you should hear his veiws on women :eek:

Macy
11/09/2007, 10:44 PM
Nothing like brainwashing your siblings with your musical, sporting and political preferences.
You have to counter the brainwashing of the education system - they say country and irish, gaa, FF. It's essential to counter with the Roses, Football and leftist politics. :D

dcfcsteve
11/09/2007, 11:44 PM
I was kissing a guy in a (non-gay) club in Dublin a few weeks ago and I had three different guys in their early twenties come up and verbally abuse me because of witnessing this with one saying he would 'get me' when I left.

I'll never understand why people can't live and let live with stuff like this, and why they get so consumed with anger over other people's actions which don't effect them. I can only assume it's the proverbial 'insecure in their own sexuality' thing - though I suspect Ireland's extreme-Catholic recent history, and it's mantra that homosexuality was ungodly and perverse, hasn't helped.

In fairness though HS - I'm sure you weren't overly surprised that those sort of attitudes are to be found in non-gay clubs (not that that excuses it).

dcfcsteve
11/09/2007, 11:48 PM
Was wondering was there an incident that kept him off the tv screens (such as Barrymore) or just the fact he was sh!t.

Yeah - the TV Executives watched one of his programmes and realised how thoroughly unfunny he was.....

holidaysong
12/09/2007, 12:08 AM
In fairness though HS - I'm sure you weren't overly surprised that those sort of attitudes are to be found in non-gay clubs (not that that excuses it).

I've done it plenty of times in other pubs and clubs though and usually never get any hassle, and certainly not from 3 different people in the one night. So to be honest it did surprise me. It was the young age of the guys that surprised me the most. It wouldn't make me stop doing it though.

Magicme
12/09/2007, 8:20 AM
:eek::eek:
I sing that to my sister nearly every morning on the stairs when I'm at home.

*Risteard wonders could his 11yo sister possibly be making mammoth trips to Monaghan on Friday nights and bluffed the FAI into giving her a CPO job.

Ha I wish I was 11 again! As for the brainwashing, how do you think my 16 yr old sister is well into the Pixies! She also gets dragged along to Mons matches sometimes.

And I havent bluffed any job from FAI mister! I dont have the official role of CPO, I just take an interest in what is happening to see if we can apply some of it to our club.

holidaysong
12/09/2007, 10:21 AM
...how do you think my 16 yr old sister is well into the Pixies! ...

Well done on that one!

Magicme
12/09/2007, 10:26 AM
She also likes greenday but had nothing to do with that even though I liked them when I was her age 17 years previously!

holidaysong
12/09/2007, 10:31 AM
She also likes greenday but had nothing to do with that even though I liked them when I was her age 17 years previously!

Green Day was my first concert when I was 15 actually. The Pixies are my favourite band (as my username suggests) - I even had the honour of meeting Frank Black before when he was touring with the Catholics.. That was a good day. :)

Dodge
12/09/2007, 10:47 AM

Been trying to figure out your age for ages. No real reason..

paul_oshea
12/09/2007, 11:02 AM
Would ye like, Dodge?...

....is that it ;)

IF you read previous posts you should have figured that out a long, long time ago....

Dodge
12/09/2007, 11:10 AM
Contrary to popular belief I don't read every post here...

most of them mind

Have no idea to the first question POS. Although this (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=757288&postcount=43) might answer you, I reserve judgement until I see polaroids

Magicme
12/09/2007, 11:12 AM
If your maths aint great all will be revealed on Monday!

Oi POS stop trying to pimp me. Am very happily going out with some poor fecker for ages now!

Dodge, I dont blame you being wary of us women who like football, we must be really strange, especially ones who follow Monaghan United, in fact anything to do with Monaghan is strange, oh wait where is your family from...........

paul_oshea
12/09/2007, 11:42 AM
Oi POS stop trying to pimp me. Am very happily going out with some poor fecker for ages now!

Plonnnnnnnnkkk.....goes the sound of DCFCSteves heart. :D

cheifo
12/09/2007, 12:14 PM
The producers know Davidson is an idiot and as an earlier poster said I wouldnt get annoyed because they just want publicity for the show.
Reminds me of Oliver Reeds infamous appearance on late night programme After Dark circa early ninties when the producers plied him with drink.
During a discussion on the problems with overt masculinity(or something on those lines) he outraged feminist writer Kate Millet by declaring women "love a damn good seeing to" and tried to roll on her and kiss her.As his behaviour got worse Channel 4 declared there was a technical fault and switched to a programme about coal mining.It eventually got back to the programme where later Reed threatened that if someone didnt get him some mushy peas he would get his **** out and slap it on the table in front of him.
I have met TV people through work whilst living in London and a more pretenious self regarding bunch you will not meet(well the younger ones anyway)

Magicme
12/09/2007, 12:16 PM
lads - why don;t ye all take your moronic and childish flirting and pining for some love on to another thread and maybe call it something like "idiots who aren't getting any - please post here"
Fair play to ye!

Sorry baileban, somehow loads of threads am involved in wind up in this way. *gives you a hug to say sorry*

I really cant figure it out.

Actually someone who can modify should move the off topic bits of this conversation outta here.

paul_oshea
12/09/2007, 12:30 PM
The producers know Davidson is an idiot and as an earlier poster said I wouldnt get annoyed because they just want publicity for the show.
Reminds me of Oliver Reeds infamous appearance on late night programme After Dark circa early ninties when the producers plied him with drink.
During a discussion on the problems with overt masculinity(or something on those lines) he outraged feminist writer Kate Millet by declaring women "love a damn good seeing to" and tried to roll on her and kiss her.As his behaviour got worse Channel 4 declared there was a technical fault and switched to a programme about coal mining.It eventually got back to the programme where later Reed threatened that if someone didnt get him some mushy peas he would get his **** out and slap it on the table in front of him.
I have met TV people through work whilst living in London and a more pretenious self regarding bunch you will not meet(well the younger ones anyway)

cheifo, i think i remember that. That was quite funny. I must have seen a re-run or something of it though.

PinBallWizard
12/09/2007, 12:31 PM
Firstly I'd like to point out that I'm not homophobic...one of my very best friends is gay and I've been to gay clubs with him on nights out where I actually had a really good laugh. Certainly got chatted up more than I do in straight clubs...

However, I think as usual this is all a ruse to improve the flagging ratings of a crap tv reality show, and also to revive the careers of an aging has-been comedian and a gay wannabe who will never be.

Jim Davidson is what he is; arrogant, rude and improper. What he said about shirt-lifting is perceived by many as very wrong simply because it was done on television. If he said it down the pub nobody would have given him a second thought. What he's guilty of is airing his opinions on tv, nothing else. He has every right to be a homophobe...if it disgusts him, then so what. There's an awful lot more out there like him, and an awful lot more on this site I'd bet who are too afraid to say it. Homophobia isn't a crime.

Is 'heterophobia' a term? If it is, you can be damn sure that there's a hell of a lot of 'heterophobes' out there. I remember how during Big Brother Brian Dowling made constant references as to how he found the whole conscept of men and women shagging very off putting indeed. Nobody leapt on his back over that.

This whole debate is crass. Jim Davidson is an idiot. But is he an idiot because he made a knob of himself on National television. Brian Dowling is an idiot who's going to jump on the bandwagon over it. Thanks a lot Jim Davidson, now we're going to have to look at his horrible mug and listen to his whining on tv for a lot longer. You've just added 5 years to his career. Jim Davidson and Jade Goody should never ever have a child....

Magicme
12/09/2007, 12:38 PM
I see where you are coming from Pinballwizard but dont you think that if someone puts themselves out there on the TV they should know that they will be crucified for things like that. He is not a total dumbass so he should know better than to use terminolgoy like that. Alot of impressionalble young kids/teenagers watch Hell's Kitchen & are being introduced to offensive language like that which they would not necessarily hear elsewhere.

As have said before what really got my goat was his reference to being "normal" when I am sure there are aspects of him that are not considered normal. There is no such thing as normal. We all have things that set us outside the common perception of normal so how dare he use the thing that sets Brian apart as a stick to beat him with and infer that he is abnormal?

Well I think Davidson really needs to take a good look at himself & then go off and live out his life quietly back in Dubai.

Dodge
12/09/2007, 12:54 PM
Jim Davidson is what he is; arrogant, rude and improper. What he said about shirt-lifting is perceived by many as very wrong simply because it was done on television. If he said it down the pub nobody would have given him a second thought.
I take issue with this. Whilst not many may have confronted Davidson if he said it in the pub, the same people who found his comments abhorrent on TV would have the same feelings if he said it in person.

What he's guilty of is airing his opinions on tv, nothing else. He has every right to be a homophobe...if it disgusts him, then so what... Homophobia isn't a crime
Homophobia isn't a crime, but that doesn't mean its OK. There's a world of diiference between not being into something, and making fun of somebody for their sexual preference, or worse discriminating on that basis.

Is 'heterophobia' a term? If it is, you can be damn sure that there's a hell of a lot of 'heterophobes' out there... Nobody leapt on his back over that.
Discrimination of all kind is wrong. We can't be using the schoolyard logic of "I didn't care when he slagged me so why should he care that I slagged him"

Jim Davidson is an idiot... Brian Dowling is an idiot
Agreed 100%, and as I've already said I haven't seen the show (in fact I haven't watched ITV in years...).

paul_oshea
12/09/2007, 12:57 PM
Firstly I'd like to point out that I'm not homophobic...one of my very best friends is gay and I've been to gay clubs with him on nights out where I actually had a really good laugh. Certainly got chatted up more than I do in straight clubs...

However, I think as usual this is all a ruse to improve the flagging ratings of a crap tv reality show, and also to revive the careers of an aging has-been comedian and a gay wannabe who will never be.

Jim Davidson is what he is; arrogant, rude and improper. What he said about shirt-lifting is perceived by many as very wrong simply because it was done on television. If he said it down the pub nobody would have given him a second thought. What he's guilty of is airing his opinions on tv, nothing else. He has every right to be a homophobe...if it disgusts him, then so what. There's an awful lot more out there like him, and an awful lot more on this site I'd bet who are too afraid to say it. Homophobia isn't a crime.

Is 'heterophobia' a term? If it is, you can be damn sure that there's a hell of a lot of 'heterophobes' out there. I remember how during Big Brother Brian Dowling made constant references as to how he found the whole conscept of men and women shagging very off putting indeed. Nobody leapt on his back over that.

This whole debate is crass. Jim Davidson is an idiot. But is he an idiot because he made a knob of himself on National television. Brian Dowling is an idiot who's going to jump on the bandwagon over it. Thanks a lot Jim Davidson, now we're going to have to look at his horrible mug and listen to his whining on tv for a lot longer. You've just added 5 years to his career. Jim Davidson and Jade Goody should never ever have a child....

Great post, great rationale, dont see it too often on this site, rather bandwagon PC jumpers. The term you are looking for is "positive discrimination" and it is used by those in the "minority" all the time.