PDA

View Full Version : Colour clashes

sligored
10/09/2007, 11:43 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with colour clashes at our last two away matches v galway and longford ? I thought that some of our players and especially the ref and blind linesman on friday night were struggling to differentiate. see michael mellys photo on the official website.
you would not get away with these clashes in the sligo - leitrim league. i think to travel to a match that the least you would expect is one bright colour and a dark colour. unfortunately both rovers jerseys this season are dark - JUST A THOUGHT FOR THOSE DECIDING NEXT YEARS JERSEY COLOURS
see below link
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/239/130

MervilleUnited
11/09/2007, 9:24 AM
Totally Agree, such a clash would be unacceptable at youth and Schoolboys level. I suppose the argument is that the socks are different, but I would not want to be a asst ref trying to work out who is level in a offside decision in that match. I cannot see why those deciding the colours cannot have a third kit.

They certainly would be a fashion item! Maybe suggestions from the trust?:eek: All orange with a bit of red? or a all orange with the red sash like Peru/ C Palace?:D (Tounge firmly planted within cheek! - After all Mr Paisley has embraced us now!)

showgies
11/09/2007, 10:04 AM
I heard that Rovers had the red strip with them and it was the ref's decision to play Rovers in the black.

Schumi
11/09/2007, 10:44 AM
I was wondering about this watching EL Weekly last night. The dark Sligo jersey looked like it clashed with Longford's a lot more than the white and red one would have. The shorts looked awful with the shirt too, I assume they were home shorts?

d rovers
11/09/2007, 10:51 AM
I was wondering about this watching EL Weekly last night. The dark Sligo jersey looked like it clashed with Longford's a lot more than the white and red one would have. The shorts looked awful with the shirt too, I assume they were home shorts?

yeah, they had to wear the home shorts with the away shirt. looked terrible.

cmak-88
11/09/2007, 11:28 AM
could we have not used the all white kit or the red and white stripe kit.

avvenalaf
11/09/2007, 11:51 AM
I said to the bloke beside me, when the teams came out, that the ref would send Rovers back to change. It's only occured to me now that it probably was in honour of the Sligo GAA team success this year and I suspect Sligoman is behind it.

Rovers1
11/09/2007, 8:38 PM
colour and a dark colour. unfortunately both rovers jerseys this season are dark

i wouldnt call the home shirt dark. we should have worn the home kit on fri night and next fri V Bohs.

feo123
13/09/2007, 9:25 PM
This just happens against 2 teams, Longford and Bohs! the black kit is lovely i think, wasnt a problem when we wore the home kit from last year agaionst longford and bohs earlier in the season, although i didnt really like us using an old kit it wasnt that professional. a bit picky of me i suppose! our home kit isn't dark either, its bright enough! was suprised when we came out in the black one last week and it was clashing alright but it was the ref's choice!

i thought it was bad 2 seasons ago when we had the red and white stripes at home, and our away kit was white with red trimming, that was just stupid!

sligored
14/09/2007, 9:29 AM
do you not think it clashes against galways home strip

Rovers1
14/09/2007, 12:36 PM
do you not think it clashes against galways home strip

it doesnt really, because Galways home kit is a dark maroon, and ours is bright red. although refs are always gonna be happier when its black V maroon, or white V red.

TheBoss
19/09/2007, 11:30 PM
A little off issue, What is the writing/sponsor on the top of back above the number on the Sligo Shirt, always bothers me when I see it.

feo123
20/09/2007, 12:08 AM
ballast signs, sligo