PDA

View Full Version : Cork v UCD latest

Schumi
10/09/2007, 7:06 PM
Always wanted to start one of these. :)

1-1 already. O'Flynn for Cork and McFaul equalising for us.

DmanDmythDledge
10/09/2007, 7:08 PM
I thought you were going?

Schumi
10/09/2007, 7:09 PM
Did you? No, two midweek games in a row were enough for the moment.

Schumi
10/09/2007, 7:24 PM
****e. 2-1 Cork. Dan Murray.

sligoman
10/09/2007, 7:31 PM
This on Setanta?

Schumi
10/09/2007, 7:34 PM
This on Setanta?

No, some heifers with sticks. I'm cobbling together updates via text, Aertel and Cork's forum.

Half time now.

sligoman
10/09/2007, 8:15 PM
3-1 to Cork now.

Schumi
10/09/2007, 8:16 PM
McSweeney. :(

sligoman
10/09/2007, 8:20 PM
4-1 now, 76 minutes gone.

Schumi
10/09/2007, 8:20 PM
4-1 now, McSweeney again.

Damn you sligoman.

pineapple stu
10/09/2007, 8:21 PM
For **** sake.

And there's me slagging Cork fans for predicting a 4-1 scoreline. :rolleyes:

A face
10/09/2007, 8:32 PM
For **** sake.

And there's me slagging Cork fans for predicting a 4-1 scoreline. :rolleyes:

Ah you might be alright yet, still a few minutes left. Could end up 5:1 yet ;)

pineapple stu
10/09/2007, 8:35 PM
"Ok taking the p!ss now - they've just subbed their keeper"

Text from the game

sligoman
10/09/2007, 8:38 PM
Tis full time now. 4-1 result.

adamcarr
10/09/2007, 9:18 PM
To make ye happier, UCDD's goal was nowhere near over the line, one of the worst decisions Ive ever witnessed.

Tir Oilean
10/09/2007, 9:21 PM
Entertaining game. UCD looked good for 20mins some nice passin but they were out of it for long periods after that. If I were a Cork fan id be disapointed with Healy and Farrelly the latter is still carrying a few surplus pounds. All in all a good cty performance and Leon McSweeney is a great prospect.

pete
10/09/2007, 9:23 PM
Back up to 4th place, 3 points behind Pats (with game in hand) & Rovers. A lot to play for yet...

2. Shamrock Rovers Played 24 42 Points
3. St Patricks Athletic 25 42
4. Cork City 24 39
5. Bohemians 24 38
6. Sligo Rovers 25 37
7. Derry City 24 34

micls
10/09/2007, 9:27 PM
Entertaining game. UCD looked good for 20mins some nice passin but they were out of it for long periods after that. If I were a Cork fan id be disapointed with Healy and Farrelly the latter is still carrying a few surplus pounds. All in all a good cty performance and Leon McSweeney is a great prospect.

Would agree with this apart from the Farrelly bit. Yeah he's carrying a few pounds but thought he was excellent again tonight and was our player of the month last month. Flynny had a great game too but we were shaky defensively.

Didn't think UCD's goal crossed the line but not certain.

Awful crowd, worst of the season. not surprising given recent performances but depressing.

adamcarr
10/09/2007, 9:27 PM

Leon is 25 now I think so he'd want to be delivering more performances like tonight to be given a contract. Healy has been very poor all season, we see flashes of brilliance now and then but he has been poor over all. Farrelly has been very impressive lately even with the extra two stone, he did have a quiet night tonight alright though.

pete
10/09/2007, 9:33 PM
O'Flynn seems to be coming out of Roy O'Donovans shadow as aside from the goals he has most assists for us this season now.

gilberto_eire
10/09/2007, 9:35 PM

??.... were you there?(only asking as your a GUFC fan and it didnt seem to be televised)

Celdrog
10/09/2007, 11:15 PM
Back up to 4th place, 3 points behind Pats (with game in hand) & Rovers. A lot to play for yet...

2. Shamrock Rovers Played 24 42 Points
3. St Patricks Athletic 25 42
4. Cork City 24 39
5. Bohemians 24 38
6. Sligo Rovers 25 37
7. Derry City 24 34
:eek:Is first place gone
Drogs Played 25 50 Points

Good win for Cork - UCD were good against us

razor
11/09/2007, 7:49 AM
We played well and created some very good chances over the whole game.
I wasn't sure if the ball had crossed the line for the UCD goal but my father (who is a tad more impartial than me) was nearer and said it was definitely over and to be fair for once, the linesman was on the corner flag.
Didn't look to be any cameras there so, let that be the end of that.

Tir Oilean
11/09/2007, 9:54 AM
O'Flynn seems to be coming out of Roy O'Donovans shadow as aside from the goals he has most assists for us this season now.

Definitely. He has played very well in all the games Ive seen him play this season. He is a huge asset for City specially with the amount of assists. I still stand my thoughts on Farrelly, he's not the worst but in fairness you would expect more from a player of his caliber even with the few stone extra. Healy was a passenger for long spells and i'd say there are a few reserves that would like a chance on the first team to show him up!

Tir Oilean
11/09/2007, 9:56 AM
??.... were you there?(only asking as your a GUFC fan and it didnt seem to be televised)

Livin in Cork nearly a year now but I still dont miss any home games Gilberto!

Poor Student
11/09/2007, 11:31 AM
Leon is 25 now I think so he'd want to be delivering more performances like tonight to be given a contract.

Where did you get him from?

pete
11/09/2007, 12:28 PM

He was a youth player for City years ago. He left for Leicester shortly after Damian Delaney when Joe Gamble moved to Reading too. He was playing non-league football in England recently.

adamcarr
11/09/2007, 3:37 PM

Ilkeston Town or something. Personally I think he's shocking, great touch but no end product(except for last night). He shouldn't be getting near our team but we only have 3 strikers.

razor
11/09/2007, 3:54 PM
Personally I think he's shocking, great touch but no end product(except for last night).He has 5 goals this season and has played way less games than others, I think he offers a lot, good pace, willing to take players on and hopefully him and Joffy will build a decent partnership.

Hitman
11/09/2007, 4:24 PM
Ilkeston Town or something. Personally I think he's shocking, great touch but no end product(except for last night). He shouldn't be getting near our team but we only have 3 strikers.

I haven't been massively impressed either, his decision making seems poor. Hopefully an extended run in the team and he'll sharpen up, his teammates haven't been shy about telling him to take less time on the ball at any rate.

paudie
11/09/2007, 4:34 PM
Enjoyable game last night. Both teams tried to play football.

For City JOF played as well as I've seen this season. Defence a bit ropey at times. Leon is a bit hit and miss. I don't he's a longterm solution to our striker problem. Missed a sitter in the first half but was buzzing after he scored.

Seen Healy play a lot better. He was poor last night. Farrelly was okay.

Thought Quigley was poor in goal. Definitely at fault for first and last goals, possibly third one as well. Only remembered this morning he's in U21 squad.