PDA

View Full Version : Time to get going again everyone....

feo123
09/09/2007, 8:40 PM
After a month without a win, some have lost hope already this season, we were all expecting the worst back in march when we got the campaign underway, a win in galway boosted everyone, but then a boring spell of defeats left us thinking the worst again, then that spell we had playing the best football in years, creating great atmospheres in the stands, home and away....players exceeding all expectation we had of them and beating some of the best teams in the country. the months of june and july were the best 2 months as a rovers fan in a long while imo, the fast flowing 'sexy' football was so easy on the eye.
now we've not won since the bray game, people are starting to get frustrated again, why i ask?
this for many parts has been our best season in years, getting awards for the football we've played, goals of the month, players of the month awards and high praise from the media in ireland and high expectation from everyone. we've only lost one game in 2 months...now thats not to be sniffed at.

listening to some fellow fans at the games in the last few weeks, if something goes wrong they get irractic and impatient, from giving out to the players individually, to the team at large,forgetting many things that have gone on so far this season. judgy pulling out of tackles has been something of late that seems to be getting the fans upset a little bit. he has only got 1 goal in a month, and suddenly people look for the fault in his game already, he's just not the type of player to go throwing himself into tackles, every team has players that dont like that sort of thing, theres other players that can do that. europe was always an outside hope, it was easy to get carried away with ourselves thinking we can get 2nd or 3rd spot. top 4 is our priority now this season, when i personally would have loved to just avoid relegation back in march after some of the friendlies we played.

never stop believing, we are the supporters, we have a job to get behind the team and SUPPORT them week in, week out. wheteher you want to sing or not, thats up to you yourself, it dosnt matter as long as we all encourage them. if you play football you'll know that the only way you will improve over the course of 90 minutes and get confidence is to get some encouragment, no player needs to be given out to, they'll know themselves if they have done something wrong!

just for the last 8 games get behind them for the whole 90 minutes, home and away and it'll only help the team get better! if some of us think cooky got a few things wrong in the last couple of games, what i'll say to that, is he's got alot more desicions correct this year than wrong.
dont stop believing lads, get behind the rovers and do our job...

Red&White Rover
09/09/2007, 8:44 PM
Only one thing left to be said:

GOOO ON FEO!:o

feo123
09/09/2007, 8:52 PM
hit him

Rovers fan
09/09/2007, 9:12 PM
have to agree with you about everyting there feo except about people complaining about judgey. we, the supporters travel around the country to see our team and we deserve to see the players give it their all. judge, who is a very talented player, hasnt being doing this. i thought cook was right to take him off at Ht at galway and i think it has given judge a bit of a kick up the arse as he definitely put in more effort against longford.

however we definitely need to support the lads for the next few games, win lose or draw. as feo said we will have exceeded our expectations for the season.

go on feo, hit him to fcuk!!

Rory H
09/09/2007, 9:35 PM
hit him feo!

I agree anyway.....especially the 2nd last paragraph. And we'll definitely out sing UCD Saturday:D

DonalE
09/09/2007, 10:02 PM
hit him feo!

I agree anyway.....especially the 2nd last paragraph. And we'll definitely out sing UCD Saturday:D

I knew you'd be involved in this thread Rusty ;)

Rory H
11/09/2007, 7:28 PM
I knew you'd be involved in this thread Rusty ;)

Much like yourself its getting very old;)

feo123
13/09/2007, 9:31 PM
blue stand on saturday ya? especially with the megaphone...it wouldnt go down well in the main stand i think

Rovers fan
13/09/2007, 10:15 PM
did we get the megaphone already?

feo123
13/09/2007, 10:27 PM
i think we'll have it for saturday anyways, coming from dublin tomorrow or something

Rovers1
14/09/2007, 12:39 PM
megaphone will be at UCD game..and Bohs! :D

Turnaround
14/09/2007, 9:51 PM
ur right feo123

Rory H
16/09/2007, 6:54 PM
atmosphere was better yesterday........need more numbers though.

Red&White Rover
16/09/2007, 6:59 PM
atmosphere was better yesterday........need more numbers though.

Thought we were very loud yesterday tbh.

kkontour
17/09/2007, 1:52 PM
Thought the Mega phone wasnt too mega. Hope you kept the recipt:D

feo123
17/09/2007, 10:36 PM
thought it was one of the loudest atmospheres all year! early goal probably helped!! have to be like that and better for the next one aswell!! cannot wait!!!

DmanDmythDledge
17/09/2007, 10:42 PM
thought it was one of the loudest atmospheres all year! early goal probably helped!! have to be like that and better for the next one aswell!! cannot wait!!!
I was to the left of ye in the first half and could have sworn there was 100 people there. Good singing but the constant repitition of Red Army got annoying after a while.:p

feo123
17/09/2007, 10:44 PM
I was to the left of ye in the first half and could have sworn there was 100 people there. Good singing but the constant repitition of Red Army got annoying after a while.:p

even the old fella was complaining to our right, the same guy that was giving out to us for standing and singning at the bray match. what a tosser!

gustavo
18/09/2007, 9:56 AM
even the old fella was complaining to our right, the same guy that was giving out to us for standing and singning at the bray match. what a tosser!

good to see rocketfingers is still getting to games

sligoman
18/09/2007, 1:07 PM
Some amount of *****s in blue stand giving out about the 'carry on' of ye:rolleyes:. Suggestion, make it even louder next time;)

feo123
18/09/2007, 4:27 PM
Some amount of *****s in blue stand giving out about the 'carry on' of ye:rolleyes:. Suggestion, make it even louder next time;)

did he report you? :p

sligoman
18/09/2007, 4:34 PM
did he report you? :pWouldn't surprise me if he did. I blame Da Real Rover if he did though;)

Rovers fan
18/09/2007, 8:23 PM

suppose your not used to hearing singing at matches, coming from belfield. ya probably didnt have a clue what was going on!

Red&White Rover
18/09/2007, 8:45 PM
It was World Record attempt...

I think....

sligored
18/09/2007, 9:12 PM
good effort from all involved. i was in new stand and the noise sounded good. i found it a little monotonous with the same song all night as a past shedhead. not knocking the efforts though - big improvement on longford and galway away.

SligoBrewer
18/09/2007, 9:16 PM
good effort from all involved. i was in new stand and the noise sounded good. i found it a little monotonous with the same song all night as a past shedhead. not knocking the efforts though - big improvement on longford and galway away.

get over then and start singin!

feo123
18/09/2007, 9:18 PM
anyone have anything planned for the bohs game? t-shirts, banners etc? wanna make something but can't think what!

sligored
18/09/2007, 9:19 PM
i bring my six year old son now and the language is brutal - it was as bad when i was a shedhead but i cant subject the effing and blinding on him.

SligoBrewer
18/09/2007, 9:19 PM
might make a SCIG banner feo...

SligoBrewer
18/09/2007, 9:21 PM
i bring my six year old son now and the language is brutal - it was as bad when i was a shedhead but i cant subject the effing and blinding on him.

as a question now..not being offensive

what would consitute brutal?

the paedophile crap?
or just f$ck etc..

feo123
18/09/2007, 9:23 PM
as a question now..not being offensive

what would consitute brutal?

the paedophile crap?
or just f$ck etc..

Both, i always curse at games but i never go into that personal abuse crap i.e paedo, whatever! just curse at the ref alot :o

Brewer, whats SCIG? sean connor is god?

SligoBrewer
18/09/2007, 9:29 PM
Both, i always curse at games but i never go into that personal abuse crap i.e paedo, whatever! just curse at the ref alot :o

Brewer, whats SCIG? sean connor is god?
close feo..

seamie coleman is god

i curse too..
the paedophile nonsense was funny when i was 12.. its tasteless imo

sligored
18/09/2007, 11:52 PM
i used to use the same language and hurl abuse at wilfred wallace (worse ref ever) , paul mcgee on his many comebacks so i am not taking the high moral ground on this... i just feeling calling linesmen blind C**ts , opposing players fu**in scumbags and refs blind bas**rds is not suitable for an easily influenced kid. (not that i disagree with the sentiments)
keep up the good work and i will send the six year old over to ye in 10 years time - roll on bohs(i think the rest will do the players no harm)

Rory H
19/09/2007, 9:37 AM
No need for any sort of banner. it distracted everyone last time. we have more important things to be doing then letting him know we're wasting money on bedsheets to show how much we hate him:D

red_away
19/09/2007, 11:40 AM
pressure is on quasimodo after the last game and if we could only give them a good kicking (4 -0 ...in my dreams i know but....?) and have the bohs fans going absolutely mental at him.

One of my favourite memories was singing "theres only one gareth farrelly" and the bohs website stating that "farrelly had to go even if it just for the fact that we cant have the culchies laffing at us in our own ground!"

gustavo
19/09/2007, 11:50 AM
After their defeat to Shams at home on Monday Connor must be feeling the heat there now,Top 4 finish is essential for him given the budget at his disposal

feo123
19/09/2007, 12:21 PM
the rest will do us the world of good, some players have travelled home and will be fit and ready to go for the bohs game. the last time we hada week off like this we went up and beat shams 3-2 in the cup!

Rory H
19/09/2007, 2:22 PM
bohs have pats away in the cup monday. if they lose that the pressure will be on them for sure friday week

SligoBrewer
19/09/2007, 3:38 PM
No need for any sort of banner. it distracted everyone last time. we have more important things to be doing then letting him know we're wasting money on bedsheets to show how much we hate him:D

we wastin money on bedsheets to show that he left the real talent behind him..

SCIG!

Seamus Coleman is God!

feo123
21/09/2007, 1:31 AM
Just on the crowd from last week, i personally dont think the rugby would have kept a few hundred people from coming to the showgrounds, especially a group game against Georgia! i dont know why the crowd was so small, from the minute i walked into the ground it just seemed dead, as if theres nothing to play for when in fact this could be our best season in so so many years!

maybe it would be a decent idea for the squad to split up one day a week and go to some schools, if we sent 2 players out to 8 or 9 schools for an hour or two once a week to coach a few kids that might help, give them free tickets, or half price tickets or something? would just be no more than 2 hours a week....kids would love it!

wasnt any posters up for the UCD game either.....worked quite well for the derry and bray games i thought, and waterford aswell.

i just think the only way we'll get more people to the showgrounds is keep winning, i dont no if any promotional work will do any good with the people of sligo

SligoBrewer
21/09/2007, 9:18 AM
i dont no if any promotional work will do any good with the people of sligo

maybe if we win a crap trophy which only has 5 teams in it, that'll convince the people ...

anyone up for inventing a connaught cup?:D:p

redtildead
21/09/2007, 9:24 AM
wasnt any posters up for the UCD game either.....worked quite well for the derry and bray games i thought, and waterford aswell.

There was posters up in shops, pubs etc.

Red&White Rover
21/09/2007, 9:33 AM
There was posters up in shops, pubs etc.

And of course, credit to the young red headed fella who put one up in Summerhill..

:p

sligoman
21/09/2007, 12:04 PM
maybe it would be a decent idea for the squad to split up one day a week and go to some schools, if we sent 2 players out to 8 or 9 schools for an hour or two once a week to coach a few kids that might help, give them free tickets, or half price tickets or something? would just be no more than 2 hours a week....kids would love it!My cousins in primary school got free tickets for the UCD game during the week but it wasn't any players or anyone from the club that gave them out, just their principal.

feo123
21/09/2007, 2:25 PM
probably is work going on so

clubman
23/09/2007, 3:23 PM
Just like to say well done to the supporters in the blue stand for their terrific support for the full 90 minutes in the game against UCD. From a man that has followed Rovers for over 40 years I can honestly say that was the best performance from Rovers supporters that I have ever witnessed. Keep up the great work lads you're doing a great job.

feo123
23/09/2007, 11:31 PM
Just like to say well done to the supporters in the blue stand for their terrific support for the full 90 minutes in the game against UCD. From a man that has followed Rovers for over 40 years I can honestly say that was the best performance from Rovers supporters that I have ever witnessed. Keep up the great work lads you're doing a great job.

thought it was one of the best so far this season myself. the extra drum made a difference! are we bringing the same amount of drums to dalymount? and the megaphone?

Rory H
24/09/2007, 10:14 AM
thought it was one of the best so far this season myself. the extra drum made a difference! are we bringing the same amount of drums to dalymount? and the megaphone?

got a new skin it for friday so it will be even better. megaphone will be there too but will be put to better use:p

feo123
24/09/2007, 1:15 PM
good man rory! really looking forward to this now.

Rovers fan
24/09/2007, 4:54 PM
Just on the crowd from last week, i personally dont think the rugby would have kept a few hundred people from coming to the showgrounds, especially a group game against Georgia! i dont know why the crowd was so small, from the minute i walked into the ground it just seemed dead, as if theres nothing to play for when in fact this could be our best season in so so many years!

A lot of our fans only go to games because there is nothing else to do, if there is something else on they would skip the rovers game. i know quite a few people who missed the ucd game due to the rugby. must be noted also that there wasnt a huge home crowd against derry, once the results went slightly downhill our fans ****ed off!