PDA

View Full Version : Colin Healy for Ireland

finnpark
09/09/2007, 12:50 PM
I really think if he gains full fitness he can do a very good job for our national side in front of the back 4. What do others think? :confused:

micls
09/09/2007, 12:53 PM
Well he can't even do a good job for us yet so for now, no. Gamble outplays him in every game. Farrelly is offering more than him at the moment too

Aaron
09/09/2007, 12:55 PM
Barry Molloy deserves it more than most this season IMO, he has been immense.

Sam_Heggy
09/09/2007, 12:59 PM
Anybody other than John O'Shea please :mad:
The standard of players in the LOI is improving every season imo, at least 2/3 LOI players should be considered when Stan is naming his squad.

sligoman
09/09/2007, 1:12 PM
When Finnan is injured, Seamus Coleman would definitely do a good job at right back;).

pete
09/09/2007, 2:13 PM
Well he can't even do a good job for us yet so for now, no. Gamble outplays him in every game. Farrelly is offering more than him at the moment too

I agree. Healy has been a big let down so far.

DmanDmythDledge
09/09/2007, 2:16 PM
He will never be the player that he should have been because of injuries.

SPXcyan
09/09/2007, 2:48 PM
Barry Malloy is fantastic!! he definately should be given a chance!
We have seen healy in a few live matches and he only played well against sunderland!!

Bucky-O'Hare
09/09/2007, 4:09 PM
Yea I agree about Molloy (although maybe Im being biased)

Barry Molloy and Ken Oman have been outstanding over the past few months. Deffinitly a cut above the rest!

Anto McC
09/09/2007, 4:14 PM
Well if John Douglas can not only make the team but get a game, why feckin not?

Sam_Heggy
09/09/2007, 4:22 PM
Well if John Douglas can not only make the team but get a game, why feckin not?

Exactly, isn't he playing in League 1 with Leeds? Surely Stan doesn't rate it a higher standard than LOI prem. :confused:

OneRedArmy
09/09/2007, 4:34 PM
I really think if he gains full fitness he can do a very good job for our national side in front of the back 4. What do others think? :confused:From the guy who thinks Sammy Morrow is the worst player in the EL?

How many times have you seen Healy play for Cork? The couple of times I've seen him play he's been fairly mediocre.

feo123
09/09/2007, 5:28 PM
When Finnan is injured, Seamus Coleman would definitely do a good job at right back;).

when finnan is injured? seamie's better than him as it is ;)

DmanDmythDledge
09/09/2007, 5:46 PM
Exactly, isn't he playing in League 1 with Leeds? Surely Stan doesn't rate it a higher standard than LOI prem. :confused:
Douglas is a championship standard player. Do you think that all of Finn Harps' players are only First Division players?

adamcarr
09/09/2007, 6:51 PM
Healy has been very poor. Murphy, Gamble and Farrelly should all be played ahead of him.

gael353
09/09/2007, 6:59 PM
I really think if he gains full fitness he can do a very good job for our national side in front of the back 4. What do others think? :confused:

Eh no thanks

finnpark
09/09/2007, 7:00 PM
Douglas is a championship standard player. Do you think that all of Finn Harps' players are only First Division players?

Yes, all of them are as they are playing at that level. I like to look at facts although the eircom league is till amateur/part time which raises more questions than answers if you look into it that way.

I though, listening and reading reports, that Healy was outstanding? Shows you what the media know.

LukeO
09/09/2007, 7:01 PM
I though, listening and reading reports, that Healy was outstanding? Shows you what the media know.

I don't know what media you've been reading/listening to... :confused:

finnpark
09/09/2007, 7:01 PM
Anybody other than John O'Shea please :mad:
The standard of players in the LOI is improving every season imo, at least 2/3 LOI players should be considered when Stan is naming his squad.

Sam, I would say Finn Harps could manage a 2-2 draw away to minnows like Slovakia. So yes many of them are needed but its good that they are not being called up as they would get the blame for Stan's incompetence.

Aaron
09/09/2007, 7:05 PM
Sam, I would say Finn Harps could manage a 2-2 draw away to minnows like Slovakia. So yes many of them are needed but its good that they are not being called up as they would get the blame for Stan's incompetence.

:D:DGood one!!:rolleyes:

Gareth
09/09/2007, 8:09 PM
I am available for selection.

Risteard
09/09/2007, 8:09 PM
Healy has been very poor. Murphy, Gamble and Farrelly should all be played ahead of him.

All four should be accomadated imo.

Sam_Heggy
09/09/2007, 8:58 PM

Does any other international manager look at players plying their trade in the 3rd tier of any country?
If there was a LOI select being made up, would the selectors look at the first division? I doubt it, even though there is some quality players in the first div.

mrtndvn
09/09/2007, 9:00 PM
molloy is def worth a call up. Hes a better player than gamble

Sam_Heggy
09/09/2007, 9:05 PM

In fairness I wouldn't rate Slovakia as "minnows".
I wouldn't have Healy in the squad this season. No doubting that before his injuries he was a very promising midfielder, not exactly setting the league alight though has he?
Baz Molloy has looked a very good player when ive seen him, so has Gamble. It would be nice to see an all LOI team play a friendly against the International lads. Just to see how the LOI would fair out.

feo123
09/09/2007, 9:07 PM
i think theres plenty of players well able to play for ireland from the eircom league, especially against the smaller teams

CharlesThompson
10/09/2007, 4:15 PM
I also think that there are plenty of players capable of offering Staunton something to think about when it comes to naming a squad for the international side. However, I would eat my hat if he were to ever cap an eL player in an international qualifier.

pineapple stu
10/09/2007, 5:27 PM
Sam, I would say Finn Harps could manage a 2-2 draw away to minnows like Slovakia.
:D

There's threads at the moment as to how this is the poorest league in a while and getting poorer, and yet we expect anyone playing semi-well to get into the Ireland team for a vital qualifier?

Get real.

DmanDmythDledge
10/09/2007, 5:31 PM
Does any other international manager look at players plying their trade in the 3rd tier of any country?
If there was a LOI select being made up, would the selectors look at the first division? I doubt it, even though there is some quality players in the first div.
Douglas has played in the Championship before and was more than comfortable.

Dodge
10/09/2007, 5:35 PM
Douglas has played in the Championship before and was more than comfortable.

He's played premiership too. Still not good enough for international football. Nor are any LOI midfielders.

finnpark
10/09/2007, 10:31 PM
Gethins for Ireland! Gethins for Ireland! :D Can't be any worse than Robbie Keane, surely.

Pablo
11/09/2007, 10:14 AM
Healy has been average. Expected a lot more. Hopefully he'll come on next season.

ccfcgirl
28/09/2007, 3:59 PM
To be honest , I think Healy can play alot better than he is playing. I would say it dosnt merit an Irish call up...

mickdlk
28/09/2007, 10:33 PM

As a Dundalk fan I totally disagree, if any of Cobh's, Harps or Dundalks players were that good they would not be playing in the 1st Division, they would be with premier division clubs

kdjaC
28/09/2007, 10:44 PM
As a Dundalk fan I totally disagree, if any of Cobh's, Harps or Dundalks players were that good they would not be playing in the 1st Division, they would be with premier division clubs

2 points:

Most of your players came from PL teams mainly Pats :confused:

Most of your players barely got a run in the PL, with you they will and might make the step up.

kdjac

mickdlk
29/09/2007, 12:02 AM
2 points:

Most of your players came from PL teams mainly Pats :confused:

Most of your players barely got a run in the PL, with you they will and might make the step up.

kdjac
:confused::confused:
As i have said if they were good enough they would be playing in the PL, hench the reason they barely played in PL and were let go to a Div 1 side and never signed for another PL side.

I bet you if we go up only a handful maybe 5 will still be playing next season, maybe Bennion, Lynch, Crawley, Hughes [doubtful at minute though], Doyle and Kevin McArdle, Irish U-19 international who has been injured with 2 broken metatarsels this season

Pablo Escobar
29/09/2007, 12:50 AM
When I saw Colin first play for City against Hammerby, I though, wow he's class. Then he died away, but now he's beginning to show that class again. If nothing else, he's a terrific prospect for our league!