PDA

View Full Version : Our chances for World Cup 2010

A face
08/09/2007, 9:17 PM
Our chances for World Cup 2010, what do you reckon? We have a fairly good team but they wont be playing in Euro 2008 so its yet another competition this squad wont play in, another chance at vital experience down the drain. Who will be able to get us to 2010? It needs a serious shake up anyway who ever it is?

carloz
08/09/2007, 9:22 PM
Our team is cetainly good enough and i am really encouraged by them. Our management team on the other hand would struggle with an under 12s team. every single game we have had Stans tactical inemptness has been shown.

Closed Account 2
08/09/2007, 9:24 PM
I don't think we'll make it.

Torn-Ado
08/09/2007, 9:26 PM
We'll never qualify for a major tournament again. It takes a massive effort even with good players.

We're f*cked.

Wales and Northern Ireland level is where we'll be come that time.

DmanDmythDledge
08/09/2007, 9:27 PM
Too early to be talking about this, not even taking into account that we don't know who will be in our group.

Colbert Report
08/09/2007, 9:47 PM
We might be alright. Kilbane, Carr and Carsley will surely retire at the end of this campaign.

eekers
08/09/2007, 10:06 PM
i dont think we'll win it.
but maybe quarter finals. :D

cobra
08/09/2007, 10:18 PM

Fair play to ye, my 1st smile since final whistle tonight.
If we get the right manager (which of course wont happen) I think the squad would be good enough to get to WC2010...At the moment most european teams are beatable, if we could just get the fight back into them(like Dunne)

green army
09/09/2007, 12:46 PM
i dont think that stan realises that how well we do in this qualifying campaign will determine the seeding for the next campaign. either way, we are fcuked

Lionel Ritchie
09/09/2007, 12:56 PM

I thought he meant hosting it. I was pretty sure South Africa had that in the bag already. Though if we just upgrade Flancare, Jacksy and Queenstown ...

craig7042
09/09/2007, 11:42 PM
And the really sad thing is that Staunton will live to see us through the 2010 qualifiers as well.

I disagree on the abuse Stans getting. I've argued for months on this and the papers started using my arguments this week for the first time! (Nothing to do with me like - just the tone has changed and I wish people would realise. he's done a lot of good...he's growing into the role.

theworm2345
10/09/2007, 4:21 AM
It depends on who is the manager

Sorry, other than you promoting your own blog (very classy), I don't think you have any right to slag another poster off. If you want to debate the merits and demerits of Staunton's management then do so. It's low rent, however, to claim how you've defended Staunton and then slag off another poster.
I agree with my fellow Chicagoan (what bright folks we have here :)). Torn-Ado has been here one month more than you and has nearly 400 more posts than you (not to mention he's not promoting anything), I tend to think that people will side with him more than you. I've ****ed quite a few people off with my David Connolly supporting, and even they don't insult me (for the most part)...personal attacks over the internet are generally frowned upon as well (at least by most people)

carloz
10/09/2007, 4:47 PM
Unfortunatly as one of the posters pointed out, with Stan in charge it looks increasingly likely we will slip towards Wales and northern irelands standard. Taking part in the Celtic cup is only going to enforce this IMO

The Legend
10/09/2007, 10:48 PM
we need another midfielder in the "keane" mold...