PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk

steno
07/09/2007, 9:50 AM
Dundalk visit station road this weekend (K.O. 5.00). We are certainly not on form at the moment, so can only see a draw here at best and I think County are going to loose. :(:mad:
Thoughts anybody??

KildareFan
07/09/2007, 10:11 AM
Impossible to predict anything other than a defeat to us. I predict a pretty similar game to the recent one against Finn Harps. I'd imagine we'll play five in the midde again and try to frustrate them. We'll concede at least one goal and maybe more from a set piece as well. Somebody like lynch or flanagan will score with a header for them

davidatrb
07/09/2007, 2:48 PM
Dundalk are not on form either at the moment. They lost their last three away (4-1 to Limerick, 2-0 to Monaghan and 1-0 to Shelbourne) and drew the one before that (0-0 Kilkenny).

Most likely though. 1-0 to Dundalk, or County to struggle to a 1-1 draw.

KildareFan
07/09/2007, 3:05 PM
Dundalk are not on form either at the moment. They lost their last three away (4-1 to Limerick, 2-0 to Monaghan and 1-0 to Shelbourne) and drew the one before that (0-0 Kilkenny).

Most likely though. 1-0 to Dundalk or County to struggle to a 1-1 draw.

True and they were lucky to beat Wexford in their last home game with two late goals but player for player, they are a much better team and if they play to anywhere near their potential, they will win. Of our squad, i reckon only stapleton, gorman and cooling would get anywhere near their team

steno
07/09/2007, 3:13 PM
Would agree on Stapleton (eircom Premier standard at the very least IMO) and Gorman but I don't think Cooling has done well at al since his return but I have missed the last two games.

Incidently I think Austin O' Neill and Philip Byrne would make most teams in ther First Division anyway

KildareFan
07/09/2007, 3:20 PM
Would agree on Stapleton (eircom Premier standard at the very least IMO) and Gorman but I don't think Cooling has done well at al since his return but I have missed the last two games.

Incidently I think Austin O' Neill and Philip Byrne would make most teams in ther First Division anyway

Ossie is a very good shot stopper and is capable of some really good saves but he is very erratic, his charges off his line has cost us a few goals this year.

I'm not sure about Philly, whether he is carrying an injury or what, I don't think he has been great for us this season. He is a wonderfully commmited and wholehearted player but I think he has been given the run around a few times this season. The fact that he wasn't picked up by another team when the likes of ger o'brien, robbie clarke and ray kenny were, says a lot.

To be honest, we've conceded so many stupid silly avoidable goals this season (it was the same last year), it would be hard to recommend our goalkeeper or any of our defenders to any team

towniee
08/09/2007, 1:00 PM
I am going for a Kildare win (for a change)

KildareFan
10/09/2007, 8:37 AM
Ossie is a very good shot stopper and is capable of some really good saves but he is very erratic, his charges off his line has cost us a few goals this year.

I'm not sure about Philly, whether he is carrying an injury or what, I don't think he has been great for us this season. He is a wonderfully commmited and wholehearted player but I think he has been given the run around a few times this season. The fact that he wasn't picked up by another team when the likes of ger o'brien, robbie clarke and ray kenny were, says a lot.

To be honest, we've conceded so many stupid silly avoidable goals this season (it was the same last year), it would be hard to recommend our goalkeeper or any of our defenders to any team

Sometimes it's good to be very wrong :-)

steno
10/09/2007, 11:08 AM
Sometimes it's good to be very wrong :-)

:D

If they played as well as that for the remainder of the season I'll be happy out. Great result dundalk look like they may be in trouble if they don't get their act together and quick.

sylvo
10/09/2007, 7:27 PM
That result cheered me up big time as I made my way out of Bratislava and read it in the free Irish star they where giving out, put a smile back on my face.

steno
11/09/2007, 2:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that sylvo heres hoping for more of the same against shels.