PDA

View Full Version : Glen Crowe

Macy
17/04/2003, 12:54 PM
I didn't know whether this should be here or in the national team forum, but figure it's more significant for the eL.....

According to soccer central (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=9507&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes) Crowe is in the squad for the Norway game...

:) :cool: :)

Peadar
18/04/2003, 7:26 AM
Sky Sports (http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1860-1087876,00.html) have it too.
The good thing about this is that he'll be in front of a home crowd unlike when we played Greece.
Wont be long before John O'Flynn gets the nod.

techs
18/04/2003, 6:04 PM
i think jason byrne is next in line not o'flynn

Pablo Escobar
19/04/2003, 9:48 PM
Originally posted by techs
i think jason byrne is next in line not o'flynn
Fu*k! I think the Dub virus is spreading west!

Are you for real?
O'Flynn is class and he scored in 3 games against Bray last year, 5 against them in total! and Byrne scored a grand total of 0!

UCD_4_Life
19/04/2003, 9:56 PM
Originally posted by Pablo Escobar
Fu*k! I think the Dub virus is spreading west!

Are you for real?
O'Flynn is class and he scored in 3 games against Bray last year, 5 against them in total! and Byrne scored a grand total of 0!

Oh and that proves everything. :rolleyes:

A face
20/04/2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Oh and that proves everything. :rolleyes:

Who was 1st and 2nd top scorer last season ?? :rolleyes:

Goal of the month at least once (was it twice) and did you see that goal ??

techs
20/04/2003, 1:26 PM
byrne was a consistent scorer for a poor side. now that hes with shels he might even be top scorer. O'flynn me arse he scored one peno against longford in 3 games, he barely made our defenders break a sweat .hes good but byrne is better

UCD_4_Life
20/04/2003, 1:42 PM
Originally posted by A face
Who was 1st and 2nd top scorer last season ?? :rolleyes:

Goal of the month at least once (was it twice) and did you see that goal ??

I know that O'Flynn is an excellent player but the way yer man was talking you'd swear that because he scored against Bray and Byrne didn't score against Cork that O'Flynn was automatically better.

Believe me after his performance on Friday I do rate him.

How many months did Jason Byrne miss last season?

pineapple stu
20/04/2003, 8:42 PM
Jason Byrne has to be the next best striker - he's scored in every one of Shels' games this season - including friendlies (that's 9 goals in 7 games), he scored league 12 goals for relegated Bray despite being injured for at least two months compares to O'Flynn's 15 and will surely benefit even more now from being fully-pro (which I presume he now is).

O'Flynn will be class (and I've seen what the fecker can do :mad: ), but he's not up with Byrne yet.

Pablo Escobar
21/04/2003, 11:48 PM
Did you see Eircom League Weekly tonight?
Byrne scores, but he usually misses twice as many!
O'Flynn simply doesn't miss a 'chance', he's clinical and to rate Byrne above O'Flynn on expectation is madness!
Lets face it he's never scored as many goals as O'Flynn did last season! The 15 goals were all in the league, there was plenty more in the cup!
O'Flynn gets a hat-trick on average every 11 games!

EireBadBoy
22/04/2003, 3:40 AM
Ya Jokers!

Clinton Morrison and David Connelly, who's better than them???

Oh! Hold on, O'Flynn, Crowe and Jason Byrne, Crikey! Although Kerr is manager there is no way he is going to put his balls on the line with QUALITY Players like that, like it or not!

Morrison and Dodgy Connelly here we come :(

Pablo Escobar
23/04/2003, 11:18 PM
Those players are always injured!
At least when you choose from the EL you know what you going to get, 100%!

sadloserkid
24/04/2003, 11:26 AM
Morrisson's a good player anyway. And having seen both Jayo Byrne and John O'Flynn I think Byrne gets the nod at the moment. It's no coincidence that all the neutral fans here have went with Byrne. His 12 goals last season would have given him (I'd imagine) a higher goals to game ratio than O'Flynn and for the Cork lads to ignore the fact that he was with bottom of the table Bray speaks volumes. I'd say that O'Flynn is more likely to win a cap in the long run but right now Byrne has to be given the nod.

Macy
24/04/2003, 12:16 PM
Byrne has to be next in line, and IMO he will be top scorer in the league this year (once he stays injury free). A couple of good european performances and he will be pushing for the squad...

Byrne is only 25, and I'd say most players don't reach their peak until 28-30 years old... Plenty of time - the way youse Cork lot are talking 25 is past it...

pineapple stu
24/04/2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pablo Escobar
Those players are always injured!
At least when you choose from the EL you know what you going to get, 100%!

Of course, Crowe'd never be injured...apart from the last three months...

And sure Morrison is a regular Premiership striker who took 15 minutes to score for Ireland and has played against the top defenders in England - be realistic, he has to be ahead of Crowe. Connolly too, with 21 goals in 28 games for a poor First Division side, which is still above the standard of most eL teams.