PDA

View Full Version : Hacked e-mail address

Lionel Ritchie
06/09/2007, 4:02 PM
I'm getting spam back to me that appears to be coming from my own e-mail address. I've even gotten an "undelivered mail returned to sender" which included the following

This is the Postfix program at host snatch.music.ne.jp.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

Anyone got any ideas? I'm starting full virus scans etc on any machines the e-mail address is accessed from.

willymccann
06/09/2007, 4:18 PM
Lionel, we get these all the time in work - someone has just spoofed your email address - it wasn't sent by you, happens all the time, we block some amount of emails like that in our spam filters

Lionel Ritchie
06/09/2007, 5:30 PM
Lionel, we get these all the time in work - someone has just spoofed your email address - it wasn't sent by you, happens all the time, we block some amount of emails like that in our spam filters

I was hoping that's the scenario. It wouldn't get blocked by my spam filter coz it's my own address. Anyway I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers.

dahamsta
06/09/2007, 7:39 PM
Joe job (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_job).