PDA

View Full Version : Turin

d rovers
06/09/2007, 8:26 AM
just wondering has anyone visited the new stadio olimpico in turin for a juventus or torino match (preferably a toro game). i have been to a few games in the delle alpi & i was just wondering how you rated the new stadium. any hassle getting tickets, atmosphere, local area, that kind of thing. any feedback would be appreciated.

Closed Account 2
24/09/2007, 1:14 PM
Not been to the stadio olympico in Turin, but have been to the delli Alpi (old stadium). I saw Juventus play Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Champions League. It was actually a very good stadium. Despite the tracks the seats felt very close to the pitch (which was in immaculate condition) and the views were very good. The match was devoid of any atmosphere though, hardly any fans were there.

Which match were you planning on seeing ? the ease of getting tickets could very much depend on the opposition. Serie A sometimes has mid week matches (like this week), for Juventus it will be easier to get tickets for a mid week match than a weekend match. Juventus are the Man Utd of Italian football, the team of the inhabitants of Turin is Torino (like Man City), whereas Juventus fans come from all over Italy (and France and Switzerland) except Turin. Often these fans dont go to the mid-week games.

Torino are a good side, they have decent players like Recoba, so if they are playing the week you are there then I would try and see them.

The town itself doesnt have that much to offer tourists, but Genova (a nice seaside town) is only 2 hrs by train. Most people only go to Turin for business, or posh brits go there to ski - either way you cut it's full of business types.

d rovers
05/10/2007, 3:01 PM
thanks for the info edmundo. i've been to a few games at the delle alpi, including a cracking turin derby. i follow torino, so i would have no interest in a juve game, unless it's the derby!