PDA

View Full Version : so,whos the best manager in the el

el insider
16/04/2003, 7:24 PM
well lads who do you think is the most smart and most tactically aware manager in the premier division and the best in the first.
i think
stephan kenny (bohs)
tony mannion (galway)

fosterdollar
16/04/2003, 8:13 PM
Kenny by al ong shot

UCD_4_Life
16/04/2003, 9:21 PM
Kenny and Doolin.

Kenny for obvious reasons would be in front but if he ever left Bohs I think they'd bring in Doolo.

Doolin is disciplined, seems to have excellent motivational and man management skills. He seems to have a bit about him tactically too.

A face
16/04/2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Magoo
al ong shot

What the héll is that ?? :)

Kenny

and yeah probably Doolin but to be honest i wouldn't be fully sure.

eamoss
16/04/2003, 10:13 PM
Dermot Keely (kildare)
Trevor Anderson (Dundalk) - (Will see in a few games)

Colm
17/04/2003, 12:05 AM
Pat Dolan

well who did ye think I was gonna say like!!!:)

techs
19/04/2003, 12:39 PM
Stephen kenny(judas) but did great job with us and now with bohs.

and dolan is super aswell

EireBadBoy
22/04/2003, 3:48 AM
Managers I admire:
Dolan, Doolin and Matthews.

******* good Manager:
Kenny.

I lost a lot of respect for Kenny when he **** on Longford, as all Football fans tend to do, they hate seeing stuff like that happen, the only thing that cheers me up is Alan Matthews doing a sterling job, I'm actually jealous of Longford and unlike many of my DCFC brethren always thought they had a good side.

Notice my top 5 Mids post:
Lavine and Kirby were both mentioned, Kirby is one of the most under rated going whilst Lavine annoys me with his over aged skill! I don't rate Perth much though and Barry Ferguson is a ****er, he was always out for revenge after getting sent off in his last Brandywell sojourn!

Anyway, back to managers! Alan Matthews.

A face
22/04/2003, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
Notice my top 5 Mids post:
Lavine and Kirby were both mentioned, Kirby is one of the most under rated going whilst Lavine annoys me with his over aged skill! I don't rate Perth much though and Barry Ferguson is a ****er, he was always out for revenge after getting sent off in his last Brandywell sojourn!

We were looking at Kirby when he was in Waterford. He is class

TommyT
22/04/2003, 11:12 PM
Premier; Kenny then Matthews

First; Mannion then Keely

Overall; Mannion, shame he was never given a chance at a bigger club. Or Athlone.

Xlex
24/04/2003, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by A face
We were looking at Kirby when he was in Waterford. He is class

Kirby is is possibly the finest form any town fan has seen, I wouldn't have cared less if he went, but I've changed my mind...

techs
24/04/2003, 5:43 PM
Kirby is is possibly the finest form any town fan has seen, I wouldn't have cared less if he went, but I've changed my mind...

totally agree felt the same myself but he has been super in pre season and has carried it on til now. keep it up kirbs u little torment. F**k bobby ryan we got kirby

ramsie
24/04/2003, 8:01 PM
Prem: Kenny

First: DAVE HILL

In 1 season brought us from second last to a play-off position and this season hes going to bring us to the premier

Bosco
25/04/2003, 8:26 PM
Kenny(as long as he doesn't fcuk up this season) and I think Doolo is a legend.I'd probobly add in Matthews if he didn't manage the team I support

applehunter
26/04/2003, 1:08 AM
Pat Devlin or Steven Kenny