PDA

View Full Version : Enda McGill Cup Semi-Final draw

DmanDmythDledge
05/09/2007, 5:07 PM
Bray vs UCD next week effectively the final you would imagine, although I wouldn't rule out Derry causing an upset.

Enda McGuill semi final draw

The draw for the semi finals of the Under-21 Enda McGuill Cup has thrown-up some fascinating encounters.

Derry City will face a tricky trip to Mayo to face Castlebar Celtic if they are to earn their place in the final, while Galway United will also be on the road, facing the winner of the Bray Wanderers v UCD quarter final.

The draw is as follows:

A Castlebar Celtic v Derry City

B Bray Wanderers / UCD v Galway United

Games to be played week ending 16th September 2007.

The winners of game A were drawn to be at home in the Final. The Final will take place on Tuesday 25th September 2007.

http://www.eircomloi.ie:82/news-centre/news/news-53/index.xml

pineapple stu
05/09/2007, 5:08 PM
Road trip to Castlebar?

Can stay over at schumi's relatives!

Schumi
05/09/2007, 5:38 PM
Road trip to Castlebar?

Can stay over at schumi's relatives!
That's Ballina, not Castlebar. And no anyway!

GreenStar
05/09/2007, 7:48 PM
Definitely getting interesting now. While I would expect Derry to beat Castlebar, UCD v Bray should be a cracker next Tuesday and would be a fitting final. However, it shouldn't be taken as a given that the winners of this game will go through to the final as, let's not forget, Galway despatched Rovers in the last round so they must have something about them.

BrayUnknowns
10/09/2007, 12:13 PM
Well the way our U21s are playing at the moment i can only see a UCD win...

Sam_Heggy
10/09/2007, 5:07 PM
Is Christy Conaghan playing for UCD ? Good player, could easily play 1st Div in LOI.

pineapple stu
10/09/2007, 5:25 PM
Never heard of him. What position does he play?

Sam_Heggy
10/09/2007, 8:56 PM
Never heard of him. What position does he play?

Right mid, very good player. Played for Fanad Utd in the FAI cup. Signed for ye on a scolorship (sp?) well worth watching.

GreenStar
11/09/2007, 8:45 PM
Back on Topic now:

The revised draw is as follows:

Castlebar Celtic v Derry City (Saturday 15th, 7.30pm)

Bray Wanderers v Galway United (Saturday 15th, 1.30pm)

DmanDmythDledge
12/09/2007, 3:25 PM
let's not forget, Galway despatched Rovers in the last round so they must have something about them.
Didn't know that. They aren't doing great in a poor section so I'd still have Bray as favourites.

KevB76
12/09/2007, 5:31 PM
Didn't know that. They aren't doing great in a poor section so I'd still have Bray as favourites.

Galway looked impressive when they won comfortably against a strong Limerick U21 side, dont write them off !

galwayhoop
13/09/2007, 10:06 AM

a poor section that just happens to have 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in the cup!!!!

BrayUnknowns
13/09/2007, 11:44 AM
a poor section that just happens to have 3 of the 4 semi-finalists in the cup!!!!

Ah in fairness, he hs a point. Quite a few of the best U21 sides in the country come from the Leinster region - UCD, Pats, Rovers, Bohs, Bray are all class sides. I put at least 3 of those sides in the top 5 in the country. Cork and Derry would be up their as well.

KevB76
13/09/2007, 12:20 PM
Cork and Derry would be up their as well.

Cork (and Cobh) U21's not doing so well at the moment...

BrayUnknowns
13/09/2007, 1:03 PM
Cork U21's not doing so well at the moment...

It doesn't mean there not a good side, they got to the final last year and were excellent throughout the season. I woud say the passing of one of their players a while back has had a massive impact on their preformances

KevB76
13/09/2007, 5:13 PM
It doesn't mean there not a good side, they got to the final last year and were excellent throughout the season. I woud say the passing of one of their players a while back has had a massive impact on their preformances

I didn't mean to imply they are not a good side, just that there are better teams in this area this year hence my surprise that you considered Cork to be one of the top sides in the country. I never thought about the young lad who died though, thats bound to have affected them alright.