PDA

View Full Version : Like it or not...an American Goalkeeper is coming to U.C.D.

Kickeroo
16/04/2003, 1:39 PM
Now how many of you thought for a moment that UCD had snagged Casey Keller?

Guess again.

Ok. here's the skinny. Mrs. Kickeroo and I are coming tothe Monday May 12th game vs. Bray Wanderers. We need your help.

We'll be staying at the Trinity Capital Hotel, living like rock stars. Is Belfield Park anywhere near that? Can we catch a train? Taxi?

Also, I will have some Richmond Kickers goodies to trade, plus a few "Fan Rats" T-shirts to give out (that's my own club team).

I can also bring keeper gloves and my trusty Sambas for a kick-around prior to the game. We're travelling light (damn Aer Lingus) so someone else will have to bring a ball.

We're really looking forward to meeting a few local footie fans. And yes, we'll wear blue.

Schumi
16/04/2003, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Kickeroo
Now how many of you thought for a moment that UCD had snagged Casey Keller? We already have a sub keeper so there'd be no need really!

The Trinity Capital Hotel, is that on Pearse St.? If so you can get a taxi to Foster's Avenue or you can walk to St. Stephen's Green and get a 46A or 10 bus to Belfield.

pineapple stu
16/04/2003, 1:54 PM
Now how many of you thought for a moment that UCD had snagged Casey Keller?

No-one! :)

Don't forget you have to give up all your weapons on entry to Belfield - and no lying about them like the US does ;)

(Feel free to edit that, Mr. Moderator type Schumi person!)

Kickeroo
16/04/2003, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
No-one! :)

Don't forget you have to give up all your weapons on entry to Belfield - and no lying about them like the US does ;)

(Feel free to edit that, Mr. Moderator type Schumi person!)

No problem. I'll leave my Swiss Army knife, my Letherman tool and my wife's pepper spray at the hotel. Sorry if that would nhave been a problem.

Thanks for the directions, Schumi. Yes, the hotel is on Pearse St.

@ndy
16/04/2003, 3:33 PM

Also, I will have some Richmond Kickers goodies to trade, plus a few "Fan Rats" T-shirts to give out (that's my own club team).

Is this for real? Lol...i just can't help making the connection with the Richmond Kickers and Fan Rats....hehe...lads...you gettit...the Pats super rat etc etc.

Okeydoke...so have we got Bray in the cup or something? And what makes u want to come to belfield? Either way...we'll see u there...and a kick about sounds like a plan....then we'll all head back to your hotel and raid the minibar :P

Andy...

@ndy
16/04/2003, 3:34 PM
PS - My first thought was ...yay maybe it's Tony Meola!!!

Schumi
16/04/2003, 3:34 PM
We have Bray in the league cup.

@ndy
16/04/2003, 3:35 PM
That damn seagull just wont quit will he ;)

@ndy
16/04/2003, 3:36 PM
oops sorry, double post, well ill change this one to something more interesting...check this out...it's bleedin hillarious...sound needed...http://www.clublaugh.com/item.php?id=77&sort=title

Kickeroo
16/04/2003, 4:31 PM
Ok..for more info on the pro team I work for go to:

Richmond Kickers (http://www.richmondkickers.com)

and for the team I actually play for (on the Border Chops 30+ team)

Fan Rats Home Page (http://www.cvsasoccer.org/fanrats/)

I can be seen as the keeper for the "Sidewalk Cafe summer 2002" team in the pictures section. We were down 2-1 at halftime when the picture was taken, so that's why I don't look too pleased.

But you HAVE to read the story of how Sidewalk Cafe won the summer championship, The story is TRUE and I am referred to as, what else, Kickeroo.

The T-shirts I'll have feature the badge you see on the main page. They might even be numbers or call out for a league year (I.e. Summer 2001). Either way, they're cheap for me, and free for you.

And hey, while you're there, check out the Fan Rats shop. the more you buy, the less I have to pay in league fees.:D

pineapple stu
16/04/2003, 5:32 PM
Mrs. Kickeroo and I are coming to the Monday 12th of May game vs. Bray Wanderers.

Jayz, I didn't even konw what date that was on... :)

pineapple stu
16/04/2003, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Though at least there might be some football played.

Was going to say that he could go to a Cork game instead!:D

Kickeroo
16/04/2003, 8:59 PM
Conor...not too worry. Football is football to me. All I'm looking for is to see the Eirecom Premeir League do its stuff so I can compare it to what I see from MLS and the A-league over here. I have no intention of establishing a loyalty to one Irish team or another. The decision to see then UCD-Bray game is soley based on locational and time oppertunites that my wife and I have. If only 300 people come out, so be it. 3000? okay, you're at the numbers that come out to see the Kickers (yes, that's an AMERICAN team). We'll have fun either way, it's my damn vacation!

I'm entirely unfamilar with hurling and GAA and wouldn't know where to go to see any. If we wander past Lansdowne Road and hear a roar, we'll come in and check it out. But it's soccer I love, and soccer I want to see. I have the jammed fingers, the achy knee, and the broken teeth that go with the sport, so changing me to American football or baseball is a waste of my time.

Hockey rocks, but that's another story for another time.

We'll see Cork some other time. Trust me on that one.

fosterdollar
16/04/2003, 9:11 PM
is the weekly **** about????:eek:

fosterdollar
16/04/2003, 9:12 PM
weekly w@nk

Fcuking oppressive asterixes

UCD_4_Life
16/04/2003, 10:17 PM
Conor...not too worry. Football is football to me. All I'm looking for is to see the Eirecom Premeir League do its stuff so I can compare it to what I see from MLS and the A-league over here. I have no intention of establishing a loyalty to one Irish team or another. The decision to see then UCD-Bray game is soley based on locational and time oppertunites that my wife and I have. If only 300 people come out, so be it. 3000? okay, you're at the numbers that come out to see the Kickers (yes, that's an AMERICAN team). We'll have fun either way, it's my damn vacation!

I'm entirely unfamilar with hurling and GAA and wouldn't know where to go to see any. If we wander past Lansdowne Road and hear a roar, we'll come in and check it out. But it's soccer I love, and soccer I want to see. I have the jammed fingers, the achy knee, and the broken teeth that go with the sport, so changing me to American football or baseball is a waste of my time.

Hockey rocks, but that's another story for another time.

We'll see Cork some other time. Trust me on that one.

You wouldn't find any of that brand of behaviour in Landsdowne Road. I'm afraid.

Croke Park is where they perform such rituals.

@ndy
17/04/2003, 10:21 AM
Sorry...this has to be a wind up!

Kickeroo
17/04/2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Magoo
weekly w@nk

It's basically who performed like shyte and who deserves recognition for one thing or another. I received it once when I had to skip a game because of a plumbing emergency in my home. I was accused of "staying home and doing housework".

So anyway....I'll have about 4-5 Fan Rats shirts. Since about 4 or 5 people have replied on this thread, I guess it's only fair that you receive them.

Shoot me a PM with your e-mail addresses so that I know who to look for once we get there. Thanks again, everybody!!

fosterdollar
17/04/2003, 12:49 PM
RE: Weekly W@nk

I received it once when I had to skip a game because of a plumbing emergency in my home.

priceless!!!:D

Kickeroo
17/04/2003, 1:22 PM
uhhhhhh...not what you would think. The primary water line into my house developed a leak at a coupling, a transition fitting from steel to copper pipe, and the result was a high-pressure stream shooting into the room where this coupling was found. I had bail the room that was filling up for about 2 hours before a plumber was able to come out. The whole day was a wash.

Sorry I had to go into detail on that, but I wanted to avoid as many jokes about "plumbing" as I could.;)

Aberdonian Stu
17/04/2003, 3:04 PM
Sorry I lost track, reading through these. What is your A-league connection?

Aberdonian Stu
17/04/2003, 3:06 PM
Technically there already is one, our Freshers goalie (our 4th team) lived in America for 17 years and carries a passport.

@ndy
17/04/2003, 4:26 PM
Class...i can't believe this is for real. Sorry for doubting u kickaroo ;)

Kickeroo
17/04/2003, 4:32 PM
Originally posted by Aberdonian Stu
Sorry I lost track, reading through these. What is your A-league connection?

The Richmond Kickers are the A-league team that I wor for as a professional sports mascot. it's a side job for me, and I rock at it! I have access to the players, all of who I consider good buddies, and they've been very intstrumental at helping me raise my game (being 220 lbs, 35 yrs old but still able to keep a clean sheet).

Like I said, All I want to do is make a few new friends, kick the ball around, and have a new team to root for all summer long. I'll tell you more of why I picked UCD another time, only because it would take too long.

UCD_4_Life
17/04/2003, 5:07 PM
I know why.

It's because we're cool.:cool:

A face
17/04/2003, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I know why.

It's because we're cool.:cool:

How horribly wrong could one person be ?? .... :D

Kickeroo
17/04/2003, 6:09 PM
"bukkake"

I could use a translation here. I speak about as much Gaelic as my dog.

(p.s. that ain't much)

and yes, it's because your cool:cool: . UCD-4-Life, you got yerself a T-shirt for that one!

A face
17/04/2003, 6:54 PM
and yes, it's because your cool:cool: . UCD-4-Life, you got yerself a T-shirt for that one!

Seriously ... you dont know the error of your ways, UCD are THE very last team you describe as cool.

Forget it .... i did the maths and it worked out

5 T-shirts = T-shirt for every UCD fan ever

Yeah .... they win, hands down, go for it guys ... knock yourselves out. :D

Kickeroo
17/04/2003, 7:53 PM
what can I say...Loyalty Pays!

Now then...when I finally get to 100 posts, then I can stick a Kickers logo under my name