PDA

View Full Version : U21's Disbanded

biscuit
04/09/2007, 10:39 PM
AFAIK from what ive been told tonight, rovers have pulled out of U21 competition due to only a handfull of players turning out for a game at the weekend. Tis a pity, U have Oisin Mannion signed for Yeats and Johhny Bellew with Quayside Rovers. These are the kinda players we need to be keepin as they are still young with great talent.

sligoman
04/09/2007, 10:48 PM
Heard only 9 turned up to play Letterkenny on Sunday and Hutch was on the verge of quitting so no surprise to hear this...disappointing though:(. Club just didn't give a toss about U-21 set-up this season:mad:

Terry
04/09/2007, 10:54 PM
having a u21 team is part of the FAI licencing laws and surely disbanding it will cause serious problems for the clubs participation in the league?

biscuit
04/09/2007, 11:34 PM
i know RT i was thinkin about that myself. can we not just delete the messy threads and post again if necessary?
AFAIK its true anyways.

cmak-88
05/09/2007, 11:30 AM
hutch is gone from them and cook has taken over from what i was told from an under 21 player last night

biscuit
05/09/2007, 12:17 PM
hopefully that is the case,but in reality, i dont see much of the u21's makin the step up at the moment...and most are around the 20-21 age group....is late in their playing careers to be make massive strides like that...and it is a massive step up from that level to premier football

gustavo
05/09/2007, 1:34 PM
Forum should look a bit tidier now.

biscuit
05/09/2007, 1:43 PM
good man gus :ball:

Fabrizio
05/09/2007, 4:28 PM
Why dont they hold open trials and decent young players can come and try out, and throw in 2 or 3 decent over age players. Its a shambles that they cant get a team together, even the BORST can!!

biscuit
05/09/2007, 5:28 PM
Why dont they hold open trials and decent young players can come and try out, and throw in 2 or 3 decent over age players. Its a shambles that they cant get a team together, even the BORST can!!

that was done for this season, what happened was any half decent player the right age was signed. There was another trial game organised by hutchy aswell since. Just doesnt seem to be an interest in running it right.Half of them havent turned up. Some senior players also not wanting to play.

Red&White Rover
05/09/2007, 6:13 PM
From what i see, it seems to be players, high in their own importance, thinking they are perhaps too good for lowly u-21 football?

SligoBrewer
05/09/2007, 6:25 PM
egotistic i believe is the word.. :p

pity if true.. we'll still ave to field a team somehow though wont we?

Red&White Rover
05/09/2007, 6:27 PM
egotistic i believe is the word.. :p

pity if true.. we'll still ave to field a team somehow though wont we?

the BORST might just have a few more matches in that case this year...:p

SligoBrewer
05/09/2007, 6:32 PM
most of us are under 21 as well!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

balls
05/09/2007, 8:38 PM
. Some senior players also not wanting to play.[/QUOTE]

colin healy and gareth farrelly had no problem playing for cork citys 21s when they got the chance earlier in the season

gustavo
05/09/2007, 8:54 PM
Thats cos they werent eligible for senior football at the time though

johnsie
06/09/2007, 2:40 PM
until the right structures are put in place i.e. paid quallifled coaches and some needed funds put into the U18 and U21 setup it is going nowhere. Young players are brought into Sligo Rovers promised the sun moon and stars and enevitably it all falls apart year after year there is no continiuity and no will on the part of the commitee and the management of Sligo rovers for both teams to progress. A Sad Day For Sligo Football.

sligoman
08/09/2007, 4:33 PM
Not disbanded yet anyway. Lost 4-2 to Salthill Devon at home today.

biscuit
10/09/2007, 9:43 AM
my apologies on false info...cooky has decided to take over the u21's...also no players being realised until the end of the senior teams season...bad newws for a few local junior clubs.

DonalE
10/09/2007, 4:12 PM
Team that started against Salthill

----------------------Arcaba----------------------

Menzies-------Meredith-------Flannery---------Melly

McLoughlin---Curran---Tierney---Hargadon----------

-----------------Finan------- Manson---------------

Curran scored both goals, a free kick and a header

Bravo
11/09/2007, 1:57 PM
Did anyone hear about Rovers U21 players in a recent game been told to miss a peno that shouldn’t have been given & when they scored it they were told to let the opposition score, which they did? Is this ****e or is there truth in it?

Tir Oilean
11/09/2007, 2:02 PM
Did anyone hear about Rovers U21 players in a recent game been told to miss a peno that shouldn’t have been given & when they scored it they were told to let the opposition score, which they did? Is this ****e or is there truth in it?

Jesus that has to be bullsh!t:eek: UEFA must launch an investigation!:D

sligoman
11/09/2007, 2:02 PM
Did anyone hear about Rovers U21 players in a recent game been told to miss a peno that shouldn’t have been given & when they scored it they were told to let the opposition score, which they did? Is this ****e or is there truth in it?Near enough right! (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=752992&postcount=22).