PDA

View Full Version : Drogs in Trouble, Fact or Fiction

finnpark
04/09/2007, 5:04 PM
I really think Drogs could hit a dippy patch that will see St Pats and Cork close the gap. What do others think? This title is far from over.

micls
04/09/2007, 5:06 PM
We don't have a hope in hell.We're in awful form and 13 points behind.

Yeah they're not playing great at the moment, but neither is anyone else really. Everyone behind them is dropping points too.

pineapple stu
04/09/2007, 5:07 PM
Drogs are stuttering, but so are Pat's and, to a lesser extent, Rovers.

Would take a monumental fook up to not win the title from here.

CJTheGull
04/09/2007, 5:25 PM
Every team goes through a blip at some stage in the season. Would be very surprised if the title didn't make it's way to Drogheda although hopefully the title will becpme a little more of a race than it is now.

centre mid
04/09/2007, 5:33 PM
Cork & Pats are doing their best to let Drogheda win, Cork dropping points to us at home and pats "mid season wobble", if it was earlier in the season maybe, but its Droghedas title to lose. I cant see them not winning it now. ( sorry about the double negative)

dancinpants
04/09/2007, 5:58 PM
1 Drogheda United 33 68
2 St Patricks Athletic 33 56
3 Bohemians 33 56
4 Shamrock Rovers 33 55
5 Cork City 33 53
6 Derry City 33 51
7 Sligo Rovers 33 50
8 UCD 33 38
9 Galway United 33 29
10 Longford Town 33 29
11 Bray Wanderers 33 28
12 Waterford United 33 20

Thats how soccerbot see it finishing. Seriously think Drogs have enough in the tank to see them over the line. The next couple of weeks will give a better idea.

finnpark
04/09/2007, 6:02 PM
I can see Pats dropping points at Derry for definite. Pats have beaten Derry there already this season and the chance of a double for Pats there this season now is almost impossible. Pats also beat Derry at Richmond. Draw at best for Pats although Derry should win.

Drogs had a non win sequence of 6 matches at one stage this season in the league and Setanta. They are still 7 points clear which shows you how close the other teams all are.

Between Europe and the league Drogs are 5 without a win now while Galway are 4 without a loss. Galway have only won 1 match at home all season in league/cup, therefore the chances of making it two very slim. I think Drogs are sure to win, stastically speaking?

Therefore I think the gap between the teams will be bigger after the weekend. Derry are on course for a new home record for this season as they have not won 3 games in a row at home all season. I will go for a draw there.

PS: Drogs 10/11 with Paddypower
Derry St Pats Draw 11/5 Paddypower

BohsPartisan
04/09/2007, 6:03 PM
I think we'll get a bit closer than that and finish second. We're 11 points now and I can't see us giving up a lot of ground the way we've been playing recently. Add four points to our total there is my prediction. Drogs have it won unless they fall apart completely.

Gareth
04/09/2007, 6:04 PM
Has this years league been a bit mneh. or is it just cos I miss Shels up there?

centre mid
04/09/2007, 6:06 PM

I think the answer is in the question.:(

BohsPartisan
04/09/2007, 6:08 PM
Its been poor. If we'd been a bit more consistant and beaten Drogheda when we had the upper hand the last two times, it'd be far more interesting.

dancinpants
04/09/2007, 6:13 PM
Its been poor. If we'd been a bit more consistant and beaten Drogheda when we had the upper hand the last two times, it'd be far more interesting.

And if Robertson had been in charge since the start of the season....

and if and if and if.

lofty9
04/09/2007, 7:04 PM

The big league has missed Shels and all the players who we loved to hate IMO.

Paddyfield
04/09/2007, 7:09 PM
I really think Drogs could hit a dippy patch that will see St Pats and Cork close the gap. What do others think? This title is far from over.

If Drogs fail to pick up 3 points in Terryland Park on Friday, then the hatchet men in the media will have a field day.

Dodge
04/09/2007, 7:24 PM

Drogs will walk it. Cork and Pats are in even worse form than them.

Cosmo
04/09/2007, 7:29 PM

In fairness I think its been a poor league too - none of the teams this season are anywhere near as good shels were over the last couple of years imo

As for who'll win it? I'm not as confident as i was a couple of weeks ago :o - footballs a funny old game, but nobody can argue its ours to throw away and its our own fault if we dont win it!

Loking optimistically though, no matter what happens - craptown will be staying down - again - for their 7th consecutive season :)

BohsPartisan
04/09/2007, 8:10 PM
And if Robertson had been in charge since the start of the season....

He'd have been sacked by now :p

Risteard
04/09/2007, 9:54 PM
uh oh.

SunderlandBohs
05/09/2007, 10:15 AM
I think the teams behind Drogheda are so poor this year it's hard to see them slipping up now. The title race has grabbed the attention of the nation like it has in other years. But I reckon next week be a much strong league. Can any Drogs fans clear up whats going on behind the scenes? Is it true that you're losing money every week from the gate & is it true you might have to move to Dalymount next season cause you won't be giving a licence for United Park?

Port Saint
05/09/2007, 11:08 AM
Unlikely Drogs will loss it from here but not impossible.
If any of the teams directly behind them were to win 3 or 4 games on the bounce over the next 6 games and Drogheda were to draw 2 games in the same run the title would be alive right to the end.

Risteard
05/09/2007, 12:00 PM
I think there was something about United Park being licensed only until this year as the new stadium was meant to be built.
If they just get a first division license, they'd be better off moving to Dalymount

SunderlandBohs
05/09/2007, 12:08 PM
I reckon 5 more wins will see Drogheda over the line. It's there for the taken. Now even Paul Doolin could **** this up!

Louth4sam
05/09/2007, 12:37 PM
Loking optimistically though, no matter what happens - craptown will be staying down - again - for their 7th consecutive season :)

Well i suppose its better to be in the 1st division then not to have a club at all. Sure all the drog fans are more then welcome to come down to oriel when your club goes bust.

pete
05/09/2007, 3:03 PM
Drogs will win the league with maybe 3 games remaining. None of the challengers are capable of winning 5-6 games in a row which is what is required. I can see Drogs drawing games but challengers won't be able to string the wins together to catch them.

This has been the poorest league in at least 5 years. Drogs are likely to win with low total & essentially 3 out of the 4 challengers from the previous few seasons have dropped away (Shels, Cork City, Derry City). No disrespect to Rovers but in a strong league it should be possible for a promoted side to get 2nd place.

Celdrog
05/09/2007, 3:50 PM
This has been the poorest league in at least 5 years. .
Not for us it hasn't :D

Could you also please remember that we are still missing our most creative player (Shane Barrett) and our (only) goalscorer (Fabio). If they were there week in week out I think we would be significantly further ahead

Its not our fault the league is poor - we haven't got one serious challenger at this stage of the season - that's everybody else's fault.

gufct
05/09/2007, 3:59 PM
your not allowed to mention stadium, money or debt about drogheda :eek:

Flume
05/09/2007, 6:54 PM
your not allowed to mention stadium, money or debt about drogheda :eek:

Apparantly you can now, their stadium got the go ahead by all acounts.

It'll still be no richer!;)

Snoop Drog
05/09/2007, 9:46 PM
The title race has grabbed the attention of the nation like it has in other years.

the attention of the nation?? Are you mixing the el up with the Grand National or something :confused:

BohsPartisan
05/09/2007, 10:57 PM
the attention of the nation?? Are you mixing the el up with the Grand National or something :confused:

Well Bobby Ryan was involved so its easily done!

DmanDmythDledge
05/09/2007, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't say it's over yet- Drogs still have to go to Richmond and Tolka.

SunderlandBohs
06/09/2007, 10:02 AM
Look at the last 3 seasons. They have been close & exiciting. Plenty of twist & turn. Everyone took an interest, even the barstool fans did. Viewing figures for the games on RTE were up. This year the standard has dropped a little & the big clubs are rebuilding. I hate to say it but the Premier Div misses Shelbourne. It's a case of Drogheda Utd been the best of a bad bunch. Compare Drogheda to the league winning sides of Bohs, Cork City & Shels in recent years. Your not a patch on these sides. It's just a blip for the league. Next year we'll have Bohs, Pat's, Drogs, Derry & maybe Shamrock Rovers all with a chance of winning the title.

pineapple stu
06/09/2007, 5:13 PM
I hate to say it but the Premier Div misses Shelbourne.
Only those who are happy to delude themselves as to how good the league is. It was never going to last, and there's no point missing something which was obviously going to blow up.

Agree it's been an anti climactic league campaign though. Three or four clubs all shirking from the title rather than striving for it.

Macy
06/09/2007, 9:21 PM
This year the standard has dropped a little & the big clubs are rebuilding. I hate to say it but the Premier Div misses Shelbourne. It's a case of Drogheda Utd been the best of a bad bunch. Compare Drogheda to the league winning sides of Bohs, Cork City & Shels in recent years. Your not a patch on these sides.
Is it not the case that most clubs are trying to do it in a sustainable way? That has to be better for the leagues long term future than a constant cycle of Shels like boom and bust?