PDA

View Full Version : Bus from Bratislava to Prague?

Mayo_Bhoy
04/09/2007, 3:50 PM
Anyone any info on the above?? We have a late recruit and its too late to book him on the train. Hoepfully we might get a seat when we get there but if not id like to have a bus ticket to fall back on. Any info appreciated.

AidoM
04/09/2007, 5:53 PM
Anyone any info on the above?? We have a late recruit and its too late to book him on the train. Hoepfully we might get a seat when we get there but if not id like to have a bus ticket to fall back on. Any info appreciated.

Get him to book a ticket for the train at the station in Bratislava as soon as he arrives

shamrock17
04/09/2007, 6:17 PM

were all going by bus to prague on sunday at midday if your stuck im sure
we could squeeze him on! might have to bung a few quid but should be ok

Sligo Hornet
04/09/2007, 6:47 PM
were all going by bus to prague on sunday at midday if your stuck im sure
we could squeeze him on! might have to bung a few quid but should be ok

Bus????......Jaysus how many days does that take to get to Prague?:eek:!!

shamrock17
04/09/2007, 7:15 PM
Bus????......Jaysus how many days does that take to get to Prague?:eek:!!
4 and a half hours plus stops so about 2 days i recon!!!:D
was going on the train but couldnt get seats

Sligo Hornet
04/09/2007, 7:22 PM

Christ ! the train is scheduled to take 4 hours either the train is ex-Thomas the Tank or your bus has a feckin good engine!!:D

stiofain
04/09/2007, 7:24 PM

Dont tell me all the trains are fully booked?

Sligo Hornet
04/09/2007, 7:27 PM

OK:D.......seriously lunchtime Sunday and Monday are likely to be sold out..but you should be ok for the 6am departure:eek:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

humpmeister7
04/09/2007, 8:27 PM
That or you can sit on the roof:p

DubJohn
04/09/2007, 10:44 PM
That or you can sit on the roof:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ehzB-qml88 :eek:

Superhoops
04/09/2007, 11:40 PM

The 1235 from Bratislava to Prague - Monday 10th September pulling out (http://www.cs.umd.edu/~nanda/Personal/Collections/OverCrowded.jpg)

meathkeeno
05/09/2007, 5:40 AM
The 1235 from Bratislava to Prague - Monday 10th September pulling out (http://www.cs.umd.edu/~nanda/Personal/Collections/OverCrowded.jpg)

Brilliant!!! :D:D:D

Ash
05/09/2007, 7:14 AM
Still more efficient than CIE :o

Sligo Hornet
05/09/2007, 7:50 AM

You can clearly see the First Class section.......marked by Flags!!:D

AidoM.....are your Foot.ie Name Labels built for the Outdoor Traveller...?:confused:

AidoM
05/09/2007, 8:23 AM
You can clearly see the First Class section.......marked by Flags!!

AidoM.....are your Foot.ie Name Labels built for the Outdoor Traveller...?

My labels are not built :mad: they are a creation :p :D

humpmeister7
06/09/2007, 3:46 PM

Still, you'd get a good round of "come on you boys in green" going!!

pineapple stu
06/09/2007, 6:38 PM
but you should be ok for the 6am departure:eek:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sounds convenient - sure you'd probably only be getting home by that time anyway.

shamrock17
06/09/2007, 6:40 PM
Christ ! the train is scheduled to take 4 hours either the train is ex-Thomas the Tank or your bus has a feckin good engine!!:D

From what they tell me thomas the tank would be quicker!!! :D

Superhoops
14/09/2007, 10:54 AM

Wasn't far wrong, was I?

Michael Pallin would have been proud of this journey :D

Sligo Hornet
14/09/2007, 11:58 AM
Wasn't far wrong, was I?

Michael Pallin would have been proud of this journey :D

That picture was spot on....except it doesn't show that big fat git of a tout!:mad:

Green Tribe
14/09/2007, 12:06 PM
That was a mad train, the inspector couldn't even be ar$ed to check out tickets :D

citizenerased
14/09/2007, 12:07 PM
some craic, delighted i booked first class now..

Green Tribe
14/09/2007, 12:08 PM
That picture was spot on....except it doesn't show that big fat git of a tout!:mad:

He was popping up all over the place! Were yous still there when Saint Tom and loads others were Riverdancing in front of the Czech police and their horses outside the stadium??! :D

Green Tribe
14/09/2007, 12:10 PM
some craic, delighted i booked first class now..

You were actually able to make it to the place you booked for? It was too jammed we couldn't get through to our seats not that we were in 1st class anyway :eek:

Sligo Hornet
14/09/2007, 12:13 PM
He was popping up all over the place! Were yous still there when Saint Tom and loads others were Riverdancing in front of the Czech police and their horses outside the stadium??! :D

Yeah that was hilarious......and the chants at the Horses..."You'll Never Go To Cheltenham"....fantastic!:D

Green Tribe
14/09/2007, 12:17 PM
A lot of police crowding round at that point, we thought it's time to go soon....

RogerMilla
14/09/2007, 12:22 PM
we didnt bother gettign on , got the next one 2 hours later , had a compartmetn to ourselves all the way , 48 cans later , we arrived in great form !

citizenerased
14/09/2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah got to my seats, a few lads were siting on them, but i showed them the reserved seats and wasnt takin no for an answer..I was far too tired and hungover to stand...yeah does Roman ever change his clothes?, boy did he love that red fleece

Green Tribe
14/09/2007, 12:55 PM
we didnt bother gettign on , got the next one 2 hours later , had a compartmetn to ourselves all the way , 48 cans later , we arrived in great form !

Think i spotted one of your group trying to get on the train at one point, wise move as we couldn't physically get past that point. The amount of police at the train station when we arrived in Prague :eek: And they weren't smiling.

Babysis
14/09/2007, 4:54 PM
It was an interesting train journey. We sat up with a load of lads from Limrick playing with knives!! One of our group was in great from and kept everyone entertained.

dcfc1985
14/09/2007, 8:56 PM
One of our group was in great form and kept everyone entertained.

Thats impossible..i wasnt even there :confused:;)

Bear Eleven
17/09/2007, 1:32 PM
It was an interesting train journey. We sat up with a load of lads from Limrick playing with knives!! One of our group was in great from and kept everyone entertained.

Probally fell asleep on the job.

Green Tribe
17/09/2007, 7:47 PM
Nah it was a lively train :eek: :D
I thought a funny part in Brat was at the stadium, Schloomp was walking around asking everyone "Where can I find the entry point "? Also several irish fans giving cans to 9 yr olds at the ground! :eek:

Sligo Hornet
17/09/2007, 8:42 PM
Nah it was a lively train :D
I thought a funny part in Brat was at the stadium, Schloomp was walking around asking everyone "Where can I find the entry point "? Also several irish fans giving cans to 9 yr olds at the ground! :eek:

Aaaahhhh.......por old Shloooomp!!;)

Ash
18/09/2007, 9:59 AM
Aaaahhhh.......por old Shloooomp!!;)

Poor Schloomp working over in London this week. Doesnt have access
to the forum but had authorised me to defend his honour! :confused:

Cant remember him looking for an entry point but Iremember him looking
for a lot worse :eek:

HolylandsMan
18/09/2007, 12:00 PM
Was aul Red Vest on the Monday train as well? Paid the fecker €85 in Bratislava. I know we should avoid touts but I wanted to go to the match having gone the whole way out and thought it was me best chance at the time.

Fair play to the lads who worked out how to reserve the seats. It was much appreciated. Luckily the fellas who were sitting in our seats were absolute gentlemen about getting up. Felt a bit bad about it but they took the chance whereas we paid the extra money.

Interestingly enough when we arrived in Prague airport the taxi driver offered to take the 4 of us straight to Bratislava for £40stg each - I think that's what people paid 1st class for the train isn't it?

citizenerased
18/09/2007, 12:08 PM
yeah but how long did it take in the car in fairness? Id say Roman was left with loads of tickets..he looked fierce nervous the day of the match...

Ash
18/09/2007, 12:29 PM
yeah but how long did it take in the car in fairness? Id say Roman was left with loads of tickets..he looked fierce nervous the day of the match...

We met him on the Thursday in Bratislava ...
Schloomp asked how much the tickets were and quick as a flash he replied ...
"Do you want to buy a ticket or are you just wondering how much they are."

I hope the giant fcuker was left €100's out of pocket.

citizenerased
18/09/2007, 12:32 PM
loved that red jacket! with all the cash he was pocketing..he fairly loved that red fleece and stank like the bejesus..humphrey *******!

eirebhoy
19/09/2007, 11:35 AM
Was aul Red Vest on the Monday train as well? Paid the fecker €85 in Bratislava.
That's the guy who's number I got on the Slovak website weeks ago and it seemed every Irish fan over there had it. We rang him when we got to Bratislava and the price was €70. The next time it was €75. We rang on different phones all the time and the price went up the €85 by the last time we phoned in Bratislava. When we got the Prague we gave him a call and the price was €60. We walked down to him outside our apartments and he was selling them to another lad for €50 so we got them at that price. Crap seats though.