PDA

View Full Version : Ever any famous players?

Tom Peppers
15/04/2003, 2:24 PM
Just wondering, Have Cork city ever had any famous players playing with them? and if so who were they. We could really do with one up front instead and your man john flynn and doyle.

SÓC
15/04/2003, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
Just wondering, Have Cork city ever had any famous players playing with them? and if so who were they. We could really do with one up front instead and your man john flynn and doyle.

The famous Dave Barry played with us :D

Has goalside risen from the ashes to torment foot.ie again?

Tom Peppers
15/04/2003, 2:53 PM
Sorry now but what do you mean he played goalside. Is that attack or something? Is that the same Dave Barry that got the goal a couple of years ago against munich. I remember watching that actually

patsh
15/04/2003, 3:04 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Has goalside risen from the ashes to torment foot.ie again?
Yeah Spillage, where have you been ?
*besides curled up inside your own h*le !*

paudie
17/04/2003, 11:36 AM
We have had has beens like Trevor Brooking and Terry McDermott playing back in the eighties, though in fairness McDermott scored a hat trick away to Drogheda(we lost 5-3).

Brooking was shocking though.

I'm the Bulgarians were famous in the Balkans.

@ndy
17/04/2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by paudie
I'm the Bulgarians were famous in the Balkans.

ya wha?

paudie
17/04/2003, 1:06 PM
What I meant to say was that I'm sure the Bulgarians were famous in the Balkans.

foureyes
17/04/2003, 4:51 PM
Semi famous ex players:

Liam O'Brien: Ireland, Newcastle. Once scored 2 goals away to Waterford. Decided to retire from playing after that though still appeared on pitch, sometimes for up to 90 minutes!

Brian Carey: I think he got just the one cap for Ireland. Plays for Wrexham, now in div 3. Formerly of Man U.

John Caulfield: new york born legend

Kelvin Flanaghan: famous in fast food outlets in cork and beyond.

A face
17/04/2003, 5:47 PM
Sausage Supper ... now there’s a blast from the past, last heard of in Waaaterford, apparently it was the local delicacy "Da Bapp" that make him go there, anticipating the wealth of mouth watering combinations of recipes that could be had with his new found cuisine foodstuff

Pablo Escobar
17/04/2003, 11:26 PM
Gerald Dobbs, former Wimbledon Ace!

Is he still playen' with Cobh?