I reckon this is something ATFC should seriously consider doing
as not only will it promote the club but having highlights on TV
every week would make a more attractive incentive to potential
sponsors.

And lets face it, at the moment, theres nothing really to entice a
company to be associated with the club. the only photo/coverage
they get is in local papers!

Also, at the end of the season they club could sell a video
of the seasons highlights with interviews after games etc.

Dunno how much it'd cost to get games recorded but it would
be worth looking into!

Quite a good idea me thinks, but will it ever come to pass?!?

atfconline
15/04/2003, 5:14 PM
I've been thinking about that for ages. In particular the compilation video at the end of the year. I don't know if there is any course in the IT or FAS, but it would be very handy if you were able to get something like that, where they might have to do a project. All parts of a course like that would be covered, interviews, recording, production etc. I just don;t think there is anything like that going on in Athlone. I did see some audio/visual company van the other week. Can't remember what they were called. I also saw an A1 mini-van cab the other day. Ganly's have the back doors sponsored out with their name and logo, Official Sponsors of Athlone Town FC, then at the bottom, Athlone Town Vs. Cobh Ramblers. The Cobh bit was just a sticker that can be changed from game to game obviously.

There was a fella up on the scaffolding the other night with what looked like a camcorder. I had a small digi cam in too just trying it out to see what kind of footage I could get. I had thought I got the first free that Cobh made a balls of, but unfortunately the card was full at the time.

Ash
16/04/2003, 7:44 AM
Neil from Bohs says they get the games recorded for 100 a game
and it was mainly sponsored by fans.

Theres a few people around Town who do wedding videos etc.,
dunno how much they'd charge.

As Mr.T said on eL Online to get in contact with whoever does
the midlands camera work for TV3. I presume its the same people
who would be in Longford on Saturdays?

atfconline
29/04/2003, 11:26 PM
I found this post on the 11aside board there awhile back.

would love to go to matches

Just wondering what has become of St. Mel’s park and Athlone Town.....how is the club faring in these hard times financially for football ? If anybody would like to e-mail me I would be delighted. I was born and reared in Athlone (Bonnavalley) and have long since left it. I would love to do a TV programme about Athlone or Athlone town if I got any interesting angles...I work in the TV world. If anybody has anything to say please e-mail me and thank you very much indeed.

brianaflynn, 07/28/2002

Unfortunately, after saying to email him, he never left an email address. Drogheda made a video there awhile back, All The Young Dudes I think it was called, looking back at their "glory years". If they could have enough material for one, with only one League Cup, surely we would have plenty to make one.

I also saw that van I mentioned on the last post again. It's ADA Audio Visual, 090 6478400. There is a post on the Longford board here on foot.ie saying that the fella they get to cover games charges €90.

And finally Mr. T the Harps fan seems to be getting a deal done with TV3 to cover their games, so they obviously are open to showing games if they receive the footage.