03/09/2007, 8:18 PM
:o

go on ucdd!

Tir Oilean
03/09/2007, 8:22 PM
Go on Drogheda! :-)

kdjaC
03/09/2007, 8:41 PM
Hynes nearly gets number 2 with his 1st touch.

Must be on double Big macs if he scores. :D

kdjac

swano
03/09/2007, 8:42 PM
I really think Drogs would've had the league sewn up at this stage with a different manager. I just don't rate Doolin. What do Drogs fans think of him as a manager?

brendy_éire
03/09/2007, 8:54 PM
FT. 0-1. Class!

kdjaC
03/09/2007, 8:55 PM
madness we could be 4 behind on friday if we win :confused: and not 15 like the drogs fans who won the league 6 weeks ago thought.

kdjac

Tir Oilean
03/09/2007, 9:07 PM
madness we could be 4 behind on friday if we win :confused: and not 15 like the drogs fans who won the league 6 weeks ago thought.

kdjac

We'll be doing our damndest to take the three points of them on Friday too!:D

bohsmug
03/09/2007, 9:09 PM
I really think Drogs would've had the league sewn up at this stage with a different manager. I just don't rate Doolin. What do Drogs fans think of him as a manager?

Agreed. Although I'm not a Drogheda fan.
If there is enough pressure put on this team I think they will fold. Being realistic it looks like they should be okay but it's not as if League of Ireland sides haven't thrown away leads like this before. Bet that defeat to Longford is even more frustrating now? Rovers would have been within 2 good weeks of top!:eek:

kdjaC
03/09/2007, 9:10 PM
We'll be doing our damndest to take the three points of them on Friday too!:D

Is it not off with u21 callups?

kdjac

KoemansCC
03/09/2007, 9:12 PM
I've heard nothing :confused:

onephillyhughes
03/09/2007, 9:23 PM
And so begins the post euro hangover

Red4Eva
03/09/2007, 10:16 PM

couldn't agree more. what does he do in training that makes em as clueless as they were 2nite? boring boring drogs. fair play to ucd. great performance, worked their balls off and played some nice football

Anto McC
03/09/2007, 10:35 PM
Drogs expierence will take them over the finish line first.

DmanDmythDledge
03/09/2007, 10:40 PM
Drogheda were useless tonight. If they win the league they'll have to go down as one of the worst teams to win in a long time.

rebelarmyexile
03/09/2007, 11:45 PM
Delightful

pineapple stu
04/09/2007, 12:00 AM
My God, Drogheda were awful. Possibly the worst team I've seen this season. Defenders had no idea how to play - just hoof it up aimlessly and hope for the best. We won most of the aerial battles and (in my biased opinion) were easily the better team. Playing the ball out of defence is not a difficult thing to do (and Drogheda's defence includes a former Premiership defender), so I don't know what Doolin has them doing in training.

Stil, Cork next up - no O'Donovan and no keeper. Looking forward to it after that! :)

Dodge
04/09/2007, 12:10 AM
Drogheda were useless tonight. If they win the league they'll have to go down as one of the worst teams to win in a long time.

They've been good all season and their squad is one of the strongest ever assembled.

harry crumb
04/09/2007, 12:48 AM
They were awful when they came to Cork.

Maroon 7
04/09/2007, 1:57 AM
Drogs have the best squad in the league by a mile but if there was another half decent side in the EL to put pressure on them I reckon they would cack their trousers.

Stumbling to the title at present.

Celdrog
04/09/2007, 5:38 AM
Yeah Drogs are absolute rubbish - what does that make the rest of you? :rolleyes:

Personally I couldn't care how we win the league as long as we win it. It took a long time for a major trophy to come, then three in two years and the big one about to come. We can still afford to lose 2 more games and win the league. Pats four points behind - I remember a time not so long ago when we could have been 11 behind them.

We are playing rubbish - but nobody else is there to take advantage. The title is coming to the Boyneside.

Hibs4Ever
04/09/2007, 6:29 AM

kdjac

Was thinking the same thing myself :D :D

WoodquayBoy
04/09/2007, 7:48 AM
on a more hopeful note last time we lost two in a row we went 12 or 13 unbeaten

No ye didn't Robbie - the last time ye lost two in a row (against Pats and Rovers in May) ye then beat Sligo, drew with Longford . . . and lost to Bohs in the Cup. went 1 or 2 unbeaten, yes, but not 12 or 13, and here's hoping to add to your misery on Friday night

WoodquayBoy
04/09/2007, 8:33 AM
Well it was good enough to stuff you lot, will be quite happy with the same result on Friday WUM

GuisaSaigon
04/09/2007, 8:42 AM
The drogs team better bring de-icer as Galway pump them balls right up into the atmosphere they usually come down with ice on them.
Is that why Dick Brush couldn't catch anything? WUM.

KoemansCC
04/09/2007, 8:47 AM
WUM .... Galway fans admitted to me after the game that night.

That would be tough as apparently you don't even exist WUM...

Flume
04/09/2007, 9:07 AM

Yeah that must be true!:rolleyes:

God lads just because you's hate doolin and drogs in general theres no need to let that get in the way of common sense. They are a great team and at times play some brilliant stuff.Your posts just come across as bitter.

Watched the game on setanta last night and fair enough they were brutal.But they are in general a great side who when they're bad,they are very bad but when they're good it seems they're excellent.And they've lost what 3 league games??Hardly disgraceful is it.And along with ourselves they are top goalscorers in the league yet they've conceeded less.

On sayin that i hope they go and fcuk up the rest of the season because as long as we get back to the way we know we can play then we'll be there to take advantage!;)

bohsmug
04/09/2007, 10:11 AM
I think Drogheda are weaker than the last few teams to win the league. That is just an opinion and can be disagreed with but I firmly believe this to be true. They have a great work ethic but lack the quality that Shels, Cork or the last Bohs team to win the league had. Tony Grant is a very typical Drogheda player. A very hard worker but lacking in any real quality. If (and they really should) Drogheda win the league this year then they are worthy winners of the 2007 Eircom League of Ireland but I wont remember them in the same regard as I hold, for example, the last Cork City team to win it.

Dodge
04/09/2007, 10:19 AM
Tony Grant is a very typical Drogheda player

In fairness he wouldn't be near first choice for them.

They've a top class keeper. Their defence is as solid as any from recent times. They've probably the best player (consistently) in the country in Byrne and Shane Robinson has been the player of the season so far this year. They can play with wide men of the calibre of Baker or go with more cetral players as good as Paul Keegan. Up front Zayed has performed excellently and when fit O'Brien is as good as any. Most of their squad would walk into any other team in the league. Of course they've had poor games but far less than everyone else, and even the teams who've won the league in previous years have faltered during stages of their title winning season.

I still think Doolin is a rubbish manager, but anyone who denies the quality of the Drogheda squad is being petty at best, and downright stupid at worst.

DmanDmythDledge
04/09/2007, 11:22 AM
Yeah that must be true!:rolleyes:

God lads just because you's hate doolin and drogs in general theres no need to let that get in the way of common sense. They are a great team and at times play some brilliant stuff.Your posts just come across as bitter.

Watched the game on setanta last night and fair enough they were brutal.But they are in general a great side who when they're bad,they are very bad but when they're good it seems they're excellent.And they've lost what 3 league games??Hardly disgraceful is it.And along with ourselves they are top goalscorers in the league yet they've conceeded less.
Nothing about being bitter, I just haven't been impressed with Drogheda when I've seen them play this season, live and on telly.

They do have a very good squad but with the players they have they should well ahead. Having the players is not enough, you have to have a good manager also and Drogheda don't. They looked clueless last night, hoofing it up to our 6ft defenders. They are nowhere near as good as Shels last year or Cork in '05- they're fortunate that the rest of the challenging teams are poor this season.

Schumi
04/09/2007, 11:24 AM
It's far from scientific, but this year's Drogheda side don't scare like the Shels, Bohs and Cork sides that won the league in the last few years did. Going into a game with them, I would have been concerned with the possibility of getting hammered out the gate by 4 or 5 goals but I don't feel that with this Drogheda team. I know Drogheda play a more conservative (for want of a better word) type of game than previous champions and maybe that makes them look weaker than they are.

I still expect them to win the league though.

Risteard
04/09/2007, 11:25 AM
Make an XI of the Shels and City league-winning teams with the current Drogs team and I'd imagine they'd have central defence and nothing else sewn up.

Schumi
04/09/2007, 12:42 PM
its all a bit hypothetical saying shels would be better etc etc.im sure they probably would but well never know it for sure will we:confused:
Of course not, welcome to the internet. ;)

Risteard
04/09/2007, 12:46 PM
We did know, until you took their players.

Risteard
04/09/2007, 1:21 PM
Nah the first post was the start of the ifs and buts.
Fair enough, Gavin and Gartland were there beforehand but you're the only one of the three built on a solid defence. I suppose the question is Could Byrne/Crowe or Doyle/Flynn break it down which is I suppose into the fantasy pointscoring type groundless debate.
Drogs are the team of the moment but could be so much better if the reins were let loose.

BrayUnknowns
05/09/2007, 3:03 PM
I think Drogheda are weaker than the last few teams to win the league. That is just an opinion and can be disagreed with but I firmly believe this to be true. They have a great work ethic but lack the quality that Shels, Cork or the last Bohs team to win the league had. Tony Grant is a very typical Drogheda player. A very hard worker but lacking in any real quality. If (and they really should) Drogheda win the league this year then they are worthy winners of the 2007 Eircom League of Ireland but I wont remember them in the same regard as I hold, for example, the last Cork City team to win it.

So your saying that players like Robinson, Zayed, Cahill, Fabio, Byrne, Shelly have no real quality?