PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere, Tifo, Banners etc

Red Army
03/09/2007, 7:12 PM
intrigued by the atmosphere, there is life in the main stand but apparently we couldnt be heard even though it was quite decent. much like the team this week was about getting back on track after galway and next week we must excel. When everyone stands up at half time or full time and starts singing "the rovers" its brilliant.
Rory I was in the middle of Railway end right behind the goals for the Derry game and I have to say even though the numbers were small enough you still sounded well. Their was more Derry singers at the game but I think the main stand has better acoustics then the Jinks stand. I also noticed at half time a load more people chanting “The Rovers”. You should really consider using the bottom block of the main stand for the singing section for a few games to see how it goes.

But looking around the Showgrounds we need more banners and flags. I didn’t see the tifo flags at the game what’s the story with them?

Definitely need more big drums though. i think the snares are going downhill now. Collection for one??? €20 each?? would need about 14 contributors
How about setting up a Pay Pal account I’ll gladly throw in a few quid could use it to for a collection for banners as well. But I think we need a megaphone more then more drums at the moment

sligoman
03/09/2007, 7:17 PM
I'm not sure a megaphone will work with us tbh. It works when theirs big numbers alright but not sure it will work in our crowd. Hope I'm wrong though.

Red&White Rover
03/09/2007, 7:18 PM
I'm not sure a megaphone will work with us tbh. It works when theirs big numbers alright but not sure it will work in our crowd. Hope I'm wrong though.

Megaphone would do well i think...

feo123
03/09/2007, 7:18 PM
i think we should sort out music when we score aswell

Rory H
03/09/2007, 7:21 PM
Good timing for this. just had a trust meeting to decide the plan today! I remember for the bohs game we had the whole section singing above the away dugout and it was great. but im not sure people like us there for various reasons so i think thats out of the question

The end of the stand as you said was great for " the rovers" at the end. if that could happen at other times it would be fantastic but its awful difficult to get it going unless a goal or something close gets the fans excited. its just the way things are.

Blue stand is better for noise i think with the lower roof but if we got some of the people who prefer the main stand to come down and sing i think we would be happy to stay there.

The tifo flags were there but behind the goal cos the derry fans had the blue stand and they werent as good. only a problem one or two games a season. we're getting a new trust flag and i think the DSC are getting one too. The big flag will be used as some sort of flag to hang up now but not sure what to put on it yet. have to get some big letters to put on it, looking into where it can go

Megaphone is being ordered and will be here in two weeks.possibly bohs game[just a coincidence that we have it for sean connor:p]. There have been many requests for it so we'll give it lash.

I'll start the collection for the new drum. i think some of the trust have a pay pal account so we'll sort that out. The trust drum is being reskined and all going well should be there for UCD or bohs away.

feo123
03/09/2007, 7:27 PM
do ye think a megaphone would be as loud as the stadium announcer?

Red Army
03/09/2007, 7:30 PM

Well as long as someone with a squeaky voice doesn’t have it I think it will work:D
Milan Ultras Capo (http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/4140/ascolimilan133bl.jpg)

How about getting more tifo flags? like i said if you set up a pay pal account I throw in a few quid

Rory H
03/09/2007, 7:31 PM
wouldnt say so. hope not, wont be able to hear the buses being plugged then or " if you get your programmes ready ill give you the teams in the order they appear on the programme" ......showgrounds isnt the same without that.

Rory H
03/09/2007, 7:32 PM
[QUOTE=Red Army;762516]Well as long as someone with a squeaky voice doesn’t have it I think it will work:D
Milan Ultras Capo (http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/4140/ascolimilan133bl.jpg)

i'd be a danger to myself with that. whoever wants it can do it! if no one volunteers ill give it lash.

sean south is the man to talk to for tifo flags.....

feo123
03/09/2007, 7:35 PM
we can do our own version of , 'the scorer of that goal for sligo rovers...number....' or 'please move down to the lower entrances of the main stand'

SligoBrewer
03/09/2007, 7:38 PM
helium balloons at the ready :D

Red&White Rover
03/09/2007, 7:39 PM
[QUOTE=Red Army;762516]Well as long as someone with a squeaky voice doesn’t have it I think it will work:D

i'd be a danger to myself with that. whoever wants it can do it! if no one volunteers ill give it lash.

sean south is the man to talk to for tifo flags.....

I'll give it a lash if necessary...:cool:

SligoBrewer
03/09/2007, 7:41 PM
the voice would feel a lot better wouldnt it :D:p

Sean South
03/09/2007, 8:18 PM
We had the tifos for the Derry game in the railway end but it was a bit windy out in the open so we only used them at the start. We're considering getting more tifos or maybe them two stick flags but it won't be this season I don't have the time at the moment. I was thinking of getting some kind of scarves saying something like red army or bit o red on them as a fundraiser for more flags and banners but I don't know if it would work.

Rovers1
03/09/2007, 9:40 PM
do ye think a megaphone would be as loud as the stadium announcer?

might sound like a stupid question, but...are megaphones allowed in LOI grounds?, never heard any other fans using one, ill send an email to the fai and try and find out.

As regards the drum, my one should be back up by friday,the skin ripped on saturday, thats why it sounded so sh!te. we should defo try and get 2 or 3 more including my one and the trust one. sounds great when theyre goin. :)

Rovers fan
03/09/2007, 9:42 PM
ya i definitely think we need more colour and noise at matches, it gives the players a lift! More flags sounds like a good idea and the megaphone would be great. i would throw in a few bob for a new drum.

SligoBrewer
03/09/2007, 9:49 PM
temporary move to the red stand maybe?

Sean South
03/09/2007, 9:53 PM
Cork City, Waterfords BA Ultras, Derry and I think even Galway have all used them

Red4Eva
03/09/2007, 9:57 PM
might sound like a stupid question, but...are megaphones allowed in LOI grounds?, never heard any other fans using one, ill send an email to the fai and try and find out.

pretty sure the langers have one.

Red Army
04/09/2007, 6:37 PM
considering getting more tifos or maybe them two stick flags

Two stick flags look class alright but you need a load of them.

Derry vs Harps (http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h74/Forest79/P8170694.jpg)