PDA

View Full Version : Vittek ruled out for Slovakia

jaykay
03/09/2007, 6:40 PM
Good news for us from the rte website. Vittek is the captain and is a decent player to be missing

Slovakia coach Jan Kocian has called up on-loan Valenciennes striker Filip Sebo for the upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland and Wales following the withdrawal of captain Robert Vittek.

Nurnberg hitman Vittek has been forced to pull out of the squad after picking up a knee injury in the Bundesliga encounter with Energie Cottbus and will be on the sidelines for at least six weeks.

Kocian said: 'Robert Vittek's knee was swollen after the league game in Cottbus on Sunday.

'Vittek has damaged the meniscus in his knee and he should have an operation in the next couple of days.

'We cannot count on him for the next two games.

'I have replaced him with another forward, Filip Sebo. I want to give him a chance to fight for his place in the team.'

Sebo joined Valenciennes for the season after failing to make the grade at Rangers.

eirebhoy
03/09/2007, 6:46 PM
Sebo.:D Good news.

shakermaker1982
03/09/2007, 7:19 PM
just need Cech to run into Koller at the training ground tomorrow (injuring both parties!!!) and we'll be off to Austria next year!!!

Bottle of Tonic
03/09/2007, 9:54 PM
For those unfamiliar with Celtic fan culture, from about the second half of last season onwards, any time any oppostion player skied a shot,fluffed one, fell on his arse etc etc the cry was 'SEEEEEEBOOO, SEEEEEBOOO!'.
A bit mean like, but bloody hilarious.

liaml
04/09/2007, 6:46 AM
Very good news indeed. Now for the other 10 players...

liaml
04/09/2007, 6:58 AM
In additional news - it looks like Ballack is out till the end of October, missing the game in Dublin.

RogerMilla
04/09/2007, 7:12 AM
brilliant news!! vittek is top class , points galore on your bundesliga fantasy and their main man, i am delighted.

shakermaker1982
04/09/2007, 7:31 AM
looks like Finnan is a doubt for us now

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/finnan-knee-injury-blow-for-staunton-ahead-of-euro-games-1070763.html

TheJamaicanP.M.
04/09/2007, 6:57 PM
Vittek is a class player, one who could have caused us a lot of problems in Bratislava. Its great news that he'll be missing.

As for Sebo...
I was at the Old Firm game at Celtic Park back in March. Every time Sebo touched the ball the Celtic fans cheered!:D There was a massive Celtic banner at the game, which simply read: "Tore Andre-Flo, Capucho, Sebo ... and the legends just keep on coming"!!

Littlest Hobo
05/09/2007, 10:53 PM
Slovakia are also missing 3 other regulars in skrtel, svento and jakubko.

tetsujin1979
05/09/2007, 11:47 PM
Slovakia are also missing 3 other regulars in skrtel, svento and jakubko.
Jakubo is a striker, but where do the other 2 play?