PDA

View Full Version : Waterford must win game

dublinwanderer
03/09/2007, 4:00 PM
this really is a must win game for us. If we can pick up a few points against the teams around us we could end up mid table. we hav to play galway and sligo at home, ucd, longford away - these are the games we need something from.
is daz back for friday? wud be a great boost if he was

i hope a lot of people go down for it. will try drop the flags of to someone as i'm off to eastern europe for a week or so!!

DRDoc
04/09/2007, 2:40 PM
How are all the injury victims looking?

BrayUnknowns
04/09/2007, 3:48 PM
Caffo and Tyrrell played for the U21s at the weekend, Still a good bit off full fitness though i reckon. Still no sign of Daz of Dunphy yet which is worrying. I presume Kenny is out after being sent off last weekend?

bray boy
05/09/2007, 1:57 PM
eh are we going to have the flags and drums?if this is a game to have them its this one

braysnumber1
05/09/2007, 2:10 PM
flags possibly yes, but doesnt like like we'll have the drums or flag poles..........

bray boy
05/09/2007, 2:12 PM
ah why not?we need them for fcuks sake!!any cahnce of getting them?

Grasshopper 99
05/09/2007, 3:00 PM
There will be a small amount of flags at the game, i sorted that out last night, if i have time before i fly off on friday morning ill try sort something out with regards to the drums and flag ploes

bray boy
05/09/2007, 5:28 PM
good shtuff

KR's Post
06/09/2007, 3:53 PM
t, if i have time before i fly off on friday morning ill

Ever seen that film Hostel. Watch out, those Slovaks seem nice but get paid to bring tourist like you to a warehouse where rich people torture them. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH

bray boy
08/09/2007, 2:34 PM
what a bad game!!!was one of the worst ive ever witnessed the two teams were shocking really were ball was just hoofed up in the air constanly worrying stuff to see really is if we play like that against pats we wont have a hope

Seagull
08/09/2007, 5:45 PM
what a bad game!!!was one of the worst ive ever witnessed the two teams were shocking really were ball was just hoofed up in the air constanly worrying stuff to see really is if we play like that against pats we wont have a hope

Appalling stuff, shockingly bad. Neither of those teams last night deserves to be in the Premier Division. Gutless Gormley took off Franco, our only threat and settled for the 0-0. They give the game here a bad name...:mad:

Bunny Kelly
11/09/2007, 10:44 AM
How did Bray line up? Looking at the starting team I cant work out the defence, was it one up front with Fox in defence?

Stevo Da Gull
11/09/2007, 12:41 PM
How did Bray line up? Looking at the starting team I cant work out the defence, was it one up front with Fox in defence?

Yip, Willo in goal, Ivory and Cronin the full backs, Foxy and Delaney in the centre.
Kavanagh and McCabe on the wings, Caffo, Cawley and Hurley in the centre and Franco up front.

As for the match itself, not a lot to say, the Belgian skill lads at half-time were good though :eek:

jonboy
12/09/2007, 10:23 AM
Yip, Willo in goal, Ivory and Cronin the full backs, Foxy and Delaney in the centre.
Kavanagh and McCabe on the wings, Caffo, Cawley and Hurley in the centre and Franco up front.

As for the match itself, not a lot to say, the Belgian skill lads at half-time were good though :eek:

4-5-1 against waterford?????????? very adventurous!! couldnt believe the system, we brought in a whole new squad at the start of the season spent a lot of money on salaries and the manager was talkin about the top 5. here we are struggling again, i take back whatever i said about pat devlin and tony, our only goalscorer was left out of the team for most of the season that just shows the ambition of this club

Grey Boy
13/09/2007, 8:13 AM
That's a bit harsh. We have a very young squad and a good few injuries at the moment. In fairness to Eddie he got rid of a lot of dross and we've been competitive in a lot more matches than not. You can't even compare what we have this season against what we had to put up with last year. There are really good young lads who will have a dozen or more games under their belts by the end of season. IF we stay up they have the talent plus this years experience to push on a bit. I'm not too sure why people were so optomistic for this season anyway. This is largely a full time league btw, so we aren't doing too badly considering. What were you expecting?

Seagull
13/09/2007, 1:56 PM
That's a bit harsh. We have a very young squad and a good few injuries at the moment. In fairness to Eddie he got rid of a lot of dross and we've been competitive in a lot more matches than not. You can't even compare what we have this season against what we had to put up with last year. There are really good young lads who will have a dozen or more games under their belts by the end of season. IF we stay up they have the talent plus this years experience to push on a bit. I'm not too sure why people were so optomistic for this season anyway. This is largely a full time league btw, so we aren't doing too badly considering. What were you expecting?

We were playing Waterford ffs! Bray settled for 0-0 early on and the game was a disgrace to the Premier Division. Seven games without a win now with Pats tomorrow night, I was certainly expecting more than this for this season.

jonboy
13/09/2007, 3:07 PM
We were playing Waterford ffs! Bray settled for 0-0 early on and the game was a disgrace to the Premier Division. Seven games without a win now with Pats tomorrow night, I was certainly expecting more than this for this season.

totally agree, and btw these players are paid pretty well for part timers so the old "we are part timers in a full time league" doesnt wash with me, i'm sick of hearing gormley moaning the same line every week

jonboy
13/09/2007, 3:09 PM
ps. 3 letters UCD, youngest squad in the league, lowest budget and part time

superfrank
13/09/2007, 8:57 PM
Waterford aside, I agree with Grey Boy. The optimism by the fans pre-season was ridiculous. A lot of the young talented players are inexperienced and in a relegation battle, which realistically at the start of the season we were going to be in, you need something more.

Some of the experienced players have helped but some, Gougher is a prime example, have failed. The squad is limited when we get a few injuries/suspensions, as has been seen of late, and although it is good to blood young players, it's the experienced campaigners that need to stand up when you're in a relegation scrap. If we stay up, at least the young lads will have experience for it next year.

And the part-time setup does affect us fitness-wise. It was plain to see against Cork. The last twenty minutes we clung on. A full time team could've won that game. I know we don't have the backing for a full time setup and I'm not campaigning for that but it can hinder us at times.