PDA

View Full Version : New RTE series - Prosperity

beautifulrock
03/09/2007, 3:59 PM
This could be interesting from the look of the trailers. It would seem to be how the Celtic Tiger looks from those (many) who have not been touched by this powerful beast. Starts tonight and more details on the RTE website:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0903/prosperity.html

SligoBrewer
03/09/2007, 7:40 PM
so its another ****e drama about scobes.. sigh

beautifulrock
04/09/2007, 8:35 AM
pure rubbish, will not be watching it next week.

cheifo
04/09/2007, 10:39 AM
Watched the Fr Michael Cleary thing instead which despite myself I admit to enjoying.

passinginterest
04/09/2007, 10:47 AM
Watched the Fr Michael Cleary thing instead which despite myself I admit to enjoying.

Fr Michael Cleary documentary was excellent. His son seemed to really benefit from the whole experience, he revisited a lot of things he had buried in the past. Felt sorry for the son, he really has no family at all.

It really highlighted the hypocrisy of the time. I thought Cleary came across as a man with many good intentions, but, with a massive ego and a persona that he refused to drop even in his dying days. It was a terrible shame that he refused to admit to his sisters that he had a son.

Ceirtlis
04/09/2007, 3:11 PM
This could be interesting from the look of the trailers. It would seem to be how the Celtic Tiger looks from those (many) who have not been touched by this powerful beast. Starts tonight and more details on the RTE website:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0903/prosperity.html

I watched some of it last night. It was only alright though, looks like it might be good next week. It is focusing on one different character a week, a bit like that Roddy Doyle series, The Family did about 10 years ago. At least it is not another cringeworthy RTE effort at being cutting edge like The Big Bow Wow or some of the other ****** that they have come out with over the years.

centre mid
04/09/2007, 4:43 PM
Every sentence ended with "in all an anyways!"

BohsPartisan
04/09/2007, 8:04 PM
Didn't see it but the same guys made Adam and Paul which was a pretty good film.

sligoman
04/09/2007, 8:34 PM
Watched it today, thought it was good enough storyline but was so slow moving it just ****ed me off in the end up. Hope next week's is better.

beautifulrock
04/09/2007, 8:38 PM
yes, thats what hit me, dead slow, B&B to Shopping centre, slow mo man

bennocelt
04/09/2007, 9:16 PM

Likewise, felt sorry for the son, looks like he got a raw deal
Typical RTe have two interesting shows on at the same bloody time, and nothing on tonite only rubbish:rolleyes:

pete
05/09/2007, 2:54 PM
Any show that RTE advertise as "must see tv" after 1 episode must be avoided. Self praise is no praise. :rolleyes:

Rovers fan
10/09/2007, 9:41 PM
anybody watch it? There is 4 one hour episodes. Its about the down and outs in the country. Very effective. Tonights episode was particularly depressing but still excellent.

jebus
11/09/2007, 11:49 AM
Thought last night's show was tripe to be honest, I've seen that story a million times before in British shorts before, including the 'sad' ending. The only part that I felt bad about was the rabbit dying, but that was obviously going to happen at some stage anyway, so hardly shocking. Won't be watching next week