PDA

View Full Version : Cork City FC v Bohemian FC 19-08-2001 14:00

Peadar
03/08/2001, 2:30 PM
I was over in Halmstad with the Boez and loads of them were on about the crowd coming down to the cross on the 19th.
It's their first away game of the new eL season and they are all hyped up for it.
Can we ensure that this is as big a game as it can be.
I think the supporters club are meeting up this week so maybe they could drum up as much interest as possible.
I have a feeling that the club wont go out of their way to publicise this game.

I'm going out tomorrow to get the best odds on City to win the league and stick IR£20 (€25.40) on them.

Let's start the season as we mean to go on.

Leonard
03/08/2001, 3:23 PM
How's about we invite the Boez Boyz for a bit of a ruck before the game? Should draw in a couple of hundred police if nothing else.
We could tie it with this "starting the season as we mean to go on" malarkey by blaming the bad example Jimmy Mulligan set in Latvia for our violence in court, and arguing it was all just ****s and giggles.
Anyone else up for it?

James
03/08/2001, 3:24 PM
my bet for the weekend would be hartigan not to score all season...or hartigan not to win a header all season...any takers

joe
03/08/2001, 3:26 PM
Len,

how's about you check your pms, or give me a ring if you can

Peadar
03/08/2001, 3:31 PM
Originally posted by Leonard
How's about we invite the Boez Boyz for a bit of a ruck before the game?
Anyone else up for it?

How about out singing Bohs with pro City songs and chants.
Rather than singing IRA rubbish and the likes of "Shove your needles up your ass". Judging by what I saw in Halmstad the bohs fans will out sing the shed and they'll create more colour and atmosphere with their many flags and their large repertoire of songs and chants.
Do you want City to be beaten before the players take to the field?!

Neil
03/08/2001, 3:45 PM
The Cross should be full that day. If the board had any tiny bit of marketing sense it would be. A few competitions, a bit of hype in the papers and on the radio. A few posters and flyers. Free entry for kids? Keep the kids coming back and they'll make their money back in 2 weeks. Simple as that O'Leary et al...

niamh
03/08/2001, 4:04 PM
It makes you wonder why City don't market the games at all.