PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

superfrank
02/09/2007, 9:42 PM
Rather then waste your time with a few threads, I've a few (Bray-related) queries and you lads can help me.

We've just appointed Eddie Wallace as Youth Development Co-ordinator. It says he was at UCD before taking this job. What kind of job did he do for yez? The write up (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=551&tt_news=194) doesn't give much away. The title suggests he's a youth coach of sorts. Noticing your team at the moment and over the past few years, you have a lot of good players that get in the team at a young age. Finn, Quigley and Dicker are ones I've been highly impressed with when I've seen them, Conor Sammon and Stephen Hurley too. Is he responsible for these recent players in anyway?

Also, on Hurley, does anyone know for certain what the deal with him is? Has he been loaned for the season only? Or has a permanent deal been agreed for next year? A lot of talk suggests he won't be going back to UCD.

pineapple stu
02/09/2007, 9:49 PM
Hurley is on loan for the season, but would imagine from what I've heard it'll be made permanent.

Eddie Wallace was right hand man to Pete (assistant manager) - came in at the same time.

Dunno who he was with before, but there's an article in the Mail on Sunday today (posted on another thread) which says some of our signings come from Pete's contacts - Ian Bermingham came from a tip off from a former player of Pete's at St Francis. Paul Somers, I think, was previously with Cherry Orchard, which would explain how we know so much about them.

DmanDmythDledge
02/09/2007, 9:50 PM
Eddie Wallace was assistant manager when he was with us. He would have had some part with bringing in young players as himself and Pete Mahon regularly went to schoolboy games. I'd guess he could have been responsible for Quigley coming to us seeing as he played for Joeys and Wallace had worked with Bray before.

Hurley is on a season long loan but definitely won't be coming back to UCD. Good player but apparantly had an attitude problem.

superfrank
02/09/2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks lads.

mossey2006
03/09/2007, 1:04 PM
Eddie Wallace would have been responsible for the majority of the young players in UCD at the moment.He was head of the scholarship scheme there and his job was mainly focused on finding young players.

He was also Leinster under 17s manager be for he went to UCD so he would have known about the majority of the players coming through and alot of them were in those squads.

Paul Sommers only came to the club recently so he wouldnt have really had anything to do with the crop of players that came from Cherry Orchard over the past few years.