63 Kevin Kilbane
65 Stephen Hunt
81 Stephen Ireland
87 Lee Carsley
90 Stephen Kelly

All starters at the weekend?

gufcfan
03/09/2007, 12:52 AM
what the hell is that supposed to measure. only one player from the team top of the league in the top 50 like

tricky_colour
03/09/2007, 3:57 PM
I imagine it measures things like goals scored, assists, passed made, crosses, dribbles, intercetions, tackles, fouls won, fouls given away. I'd say it is a fairly good guide to who is playing well, as opposed to someones biased opinion.

irishfan86
03/09/2007, 11:50 PM
what the hell is that supposed to measure. only one player from the team top of the league in the top 50 like

I think good players at mid-table teams will do better than good players at the top teams for the simple reason that teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U can rotate their squads and not lose anything quality wise.

At Everton Carsley played every game for them last season....Gerrard did not play every EPL game for Liverpool due to their squad depth and their European involvement.

No clue how either did on the Actim thing, but I know taking players from the top teams is always sketchy for prediction pools because they don't play half the time due to rotation systems.

gufcfan
04/09/2007, 12:34 AM

I am not biased, i dont support them. it was just an observation...

tricky_colour
04/09/2007, 1:37 AM
I am not biased, i dont support them. it was just an observation...

Actually I don't think Liverpool were top when those stats were produced (before Saturday), they will probably have a few more players in the top 50
next Tuesday when they are produced. Also Liverpool have played a game less than most teams and you only earn points when you play, and also squad rotation will drag players down, as has been pointed out, but the best players do then to play more often.

I would not say such stats are perfect, especialy early on in the season, but they are a pretty good guide unless you have the time and ability to watch
all 11 or more games a week (thats about 2 working days!!).

I mean I think Dunne is a great centre back based on just a few highlights and some match reports, it is nice to see that confirmed in such statistics.

tricky_colour
04/09/2007, 1:57 AM
I think good players at mid-table teams will do better than good players at the top teams for the simple reason that teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U can rotate their squads and not lose anything quality wise.

At Everton Carsley played every game for them last season....Gerrard did not play every EPL game for Liverpool due to their squad depth and their European involvement.

No clue how either did on the Actim thing, but I know taking players from the top teams is always sketchy for prediction pools because they don't play half the time due to rotation systems.

I know Carsley was pretty high up there, he was in the 10 ten for a while I think, either last season or the season before anyway. But generally speaking the best players do play more games, in the games matter. Liverpool were prehaps more in a more unique position in that dropping a key player would not affect their league positioin so much, in finiancial terms. They had no chance of winning the league but were guaranteed a place in Europe, however for Man U and Chelsea every game mattered.