PDA

View Full Version : Today FMs "Swift Date"

Gary
14/04/2003, 7:00 PM
Meand a buddy applied for a laugh. I got it, he didnt.

So Tomorrow (tues) im going "speed dating" in Cork. Reckon it should be a laugh. Plus there is free booze. So its a no lose situation.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

;) :p :)

cfcgirl
14/04/2003, 7:15 PM
fair play to u

sadloserkid
15/04/2003, 8:53 AM
We'll expect a full report from you GWA!!! Are you gonna wear your Cork City jersey??? :)

patsh
15/04/2003, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by GWA
Meand a buddy applied for a laugh. I got it, he didnt.

So Tomorrow (tues) im going "speed dating" in Cork. Reckon it should be a laugh. Plus there is free booze. So its a no lose situation.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!

;) :p :)
"Speed Dating"???????
What the f*ck is that?

joe
15/04/2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Whatever you do, do not wear a Simpsons tie, or any funny one for that matter.

It sends out bad signals...

speaking from experience conor?

joe
15/04/2003, 11:42 AM

Nah, it's just that I know GWA has at least one Simpson's tie, and everyone loves the Simpson's, so he might be thinking it sends out good vibes. If I put myself in a woman's shoes (and I do, but only once a week in the privacy of my own bedroom!!) I would think "lose the tie" straight away...

You better mind what you're saying in here - your better half might be around ;)

joe
15/04/2003, 11:46 AM
Maybe we have a relationship based on crossdressing and bisexuality, Joe.

now you better mind what you're saying in here cos there might be some kids around!

sadloserkid
15/04/2003, 1:12 PM
a relationship based on crossdressing and bisexuality

The afters of your wedding should be something else so!

Pauro 76
15/04/2003, 1:38 PM
GWAn ya good thing!!! Best of luck man, if ya manage to get onto Today FM let us know, ill listen out for ya!

btw what does Jenny Kelly actually look like? :)

Gary
15/04/2003, 6:07 PM
On my way in now.

All will be revealed tomorrow.

Pauro 76
16/04/2003, 9:48 AM
GWA was that urself on the radio just now, there were a few people interviewed that were there, you mentioned you got there, your friend didnt, and also said Ill take it a game at a time, game of two halves and a few footy cliches... Was that you?

joe
16/04/2003, 11:00 AM
naw, that wasn't him at all. he was the guy who nearly got a slap for accusing some wan of still being in college!

Gary
16/04/2003, 12:14 PM
That was certainly one of the more “unique” experiences I have ever had. Firstly we went in (that was the worst part, looking like a l@nger trying to get into chat with someone). We were then led into club FX where we went thru the registration with Jenny Kelly (Not as nice as I was expecting, but youd still give her one) and Mairead Farrell (she upstaged every girl there, absolutely fantastic). We were then given vouchers for booze and given a choice of wine or Heneken. There was a lot of mingling went on anyway and at about 830, Darcy came out to greet us. Dead sound bloke actually. He explained the drill and in we went to the “dating room”. My first “date” was with a woman about 10 years my senior, so that was a non starter, but it was good to just get the show on the road.

Next was a fairly sexy girl from Kerry. Im hoping there was mutual ticking there anyways.

In short, there were some really nice girls there, and some absolute ****s. The most gorgeous woman there ended up snogging possibly the least attractive guy there.

I ticked 8 names, im hoping that there was mutual ticking with at least 3 of them as I like those three. Although the soundest of the lot was on the radio this morning (Vivienne) and she had 9 matches. Im fairly certain im one of them!!!!

Biggest problem of the night was my age as most of the women were at least 26, im 24. Big difference there.

Still though it was great fun. Different if nothing else. Very tiring though as starting 20 converstaions in an hour in VERY hard. All in all, I would do it again. I just hope I don’t need to!

I find out thursday or friday did i get any mutual ticks!!

:) :p

Gary
16/04/2003, 12:37 PM
Only heard myself once on the radio. they obvously did all 3 so. My accent is appalling though.

Just looked at my emails. the amount of "was that you ya l@nger" ones!

Oh how ye wuill have to gather round for the tale i will tell.

Just want to know the result at this point.

Colm
16/04/2003, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by GWA
We were then led into club FX Thought you wouldn't be seen dead in that place, but I suppose if you were "led" in there you couldn't do much about it!!!:)

Originally posted by GWA
My accent is appalling though.

Sure nobody uses their real accent when they're on the radio, you should know that!!!

joe
16/04/2003, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by Colm

Sure nobody uses their real accent when they're on the radio, you should know that!!!

or tv3's fans forum thingy ;)

btw is that going to make a comeback this year?

Colm
16/04/2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by joe
or tv3's fans forum thingy ;)

lol
I was caught off guard that time and didn't get a chance to use my "media accent"!:D

Gary
18/04/2003, 12:45 PM
Well i got my email a bit ago and........................

4 matches. Two of whom i was hoping for, and two shocks. In fact one of themn is the 26 y/o i called a college student. haha, the other Im totally shocked by, as she was the life and soul of the place.

A Kerry girl actually, though not the Kerry girl i was initially hoping for.

So thats me, im well happy.

Limerick ppl apply, its a feckin laugh.

sadloserkid
22/04/2003, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by GWA
Limerick ppl apply, its a feckin laugh.

You hear that gael353? Go for it my son, we're all depending on you!

Gary
01/05/2003, 2:46 PM
Results from the Limk one were very poor, only a potential 73 dates from a possible 400.

Cork had 114 (i got 4 he heheee), Kilkenny only 42 and Dub 147.

Meeting one of them saturday i think for lunch.

Pauro 76
01/05/2003, 2:53 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Well i got my email a bit ago and........................

4 matches. Two of whom i was hoping for, and two shocks. In fact one of themn is the 26 y/o i called a college student. haha, the other Im totally shocked by, as she was the life and soul of the place.

A Kerry girl actually, though not the Kerry girl i was initially hoping for.

Good on ya man, your an inspiration to us all! so many lasses, so little time eh? Mind the juggling though, women just know about these things...:D