PDA

View Full Version : POTM September - Discussions

sligoman
02/09/2007, 2:07 AM
Discuss the nominations here. Nominate them here (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=69919).

Bluebeard
04/09/2007, 11:24 AM
Looks like Bald Students is well on his way to topping my four nominations in a month for August:(

Dodge
04/09/2007, 11:33 AM
Who won the august award anyway?

Schumi
04/09/2007, 12:58 PM
No voting thread yet. August's barely over yet anyway, it'd be a bit quick to have a decision already.

kingdom hoop
05/09/2007, 4:22 PM
I think I should probably delete my nomination of dahamsta?? I don't think I really got my head around the concept of Post of the Month! At least attention has been drawn to his cunning manoeuvre! What does 'ask the audience' say?? I've already gone fifty/fifty so it's just a choice between 'delete, you got carried away trying to make your first ever nomination' or 'leave it, nominations are sacred, once you thought it was worthy at one stage it is still worthy now.' :confused::confused::)

strangeirish
05/09/2007, 4:38 PM
I think I should probably delete my nomination of dahamsta?? I don't think I really got my head around the concept of Post of the Month! At least attention has been drawn to his cunning manoeuvre! What does 'ask the audience' say?? I've already gone fifty/fifty so it's just a choice between 'delete, you got carried away trying to make your first ever nomination' or 'leave it, nominations are sacred, once you thought it was worthy at one stage it is still worthy now.' :confused::confused::)
Thoust too harsh on oneself m'lad. One should wear one's crown upon one's head and be proud I say, be proud.

pineapple stu
05/09/2007, 6:10 PM
Looks like Bald Students is well on his way to topping my four nominations in a month for August:(
One back for you - one of the nominations has been deleted!

kingdom hoop
05/09/2007, 7:23 PM
Wow! This is turning into a pretty exciting month eh! Strangeirish, my spiritual guru, I thank you for your guidance. With your exhortations we will turn my crumbling edifice into a structure of unshakable strength! Just to manifest the progress made I'm now going to make a second nomination!

strangeirish
05/09/2007, 8:48 PM
Wow! This is turning into a pretty exciting month eh! Strangeirish, my spiritual guru, I thank you for your guidance. With your exhortations we will turn my crumbling edifice into a structure of unshakable strength! Just to manifest the progress made I'm now going to make a second nomination!

Ah, the ways of the lower personal mind, caught in a vaster world inscrutable to its methods, uses its strange gift of language to weave the web of Maya or illusion, to make a provisional analysis of reality and then regard it as final. Henceforth, thou shall never doubt the kingdom. All hail the kingdom!
:D

sligoman
05/09/2007, 8:49 PM
There's a lot of Rico sounding posts in this thread...I'm confused:D

strangeirish
05/09/2007, 8:52 PM
There's a lot of Rico sounding posts in this thread...I'm confused:D
That's ok. It's just one of the benefits of being from Sligo.:p

kingdom hoop
06/09/2007, 2:25 AM
Ah, the ways of the lower personal mind, caught in a vaster world inscrutable to its methods, uses its strange gift of language to weave the web of Maya or illusion, to make a provisional analysis of reality and then regard it as final. Henceforth, thou shall never doubt the kingdom. All hail the kingdom!

Beguilingly humbling. :o

Top quality posting (almost Fed-Ex standard:p). It's uncanny how relevant it was to my day yesterday, my graduation from college with a ridiculously fortunate 2.1 grade, pretty much only on account of a good writing style in the exams. (It certainly had nothing to do with my knowledge, our patent lack thereof, on the subject matter!) Now no one doubts me and there is a general feeling that I'm now sorted for life. What's more, everyone has been, though not taxi-like, hailing me for the last two days too. Fits like a glove to your post.:)

strangeirish
06/09/2007, 2:48 AM
Beguilingly humbling. :o

Top quality posting (almost Fed-Ex standard:p). It's uncanny how relevant it was to my day yesterday, my graduation from college with a ridiculously fortunate 2.1 grade, pretty much only on account of a good writing style in the exams. (It certainly had nothing to do with my knowledge, our patent lack thereof, on the subject matter!) Now no one doubts me and there is a general feeling that I'm now sorted for life. What's more, everyone has been, though not taxi-like, hailing me for the last two days too. Fits like a glove to your post.:)
Allow me to indulge in the adulation of the aforementioned graduation and heap praise upon another fine soul that moves forth into the abyss that we call life. Ah yes, the world is indeed round my friend.

kingdom hoop
06/09/2007, 2:58 AM
Ah yes, the world is indeed round my friend.

Well I'm irrefragably not square so I should slither into my niche seamlessly!

Bluebeard
11/09/2007, 10:01 AM
Just saw dfx-'s nominated post: Guaranteed my vote!:D

kingdom hoop
13/09/2007, 1:41 AM
So can we take it that you didn't graduate in English?? Will you have to repeat next year??

Trust someone of your negativity (excuse my negativity as is appropriate) to embarrassingly smear a blemish on an otherwise indelibly beautiful canvas, without even such recourse as to a smilie, wha?:cool:

As it happens, your pointed post was delightfully ironic, given, I alluded to my opportune verbal acuity as, in this case, a fabulously felicitous filler compensating acutely for my primordial want of legal erudition, in the needy context of embellishing a lack of college nerdishness, by alternative means than sleeping with the Dean. (Who, might I add, is a fine man in his own regard, but, alas, was a touch frigid when Candy was offered.)

------

I think I like Jebus' post most. So far. But I am, in my own egotistical, yet enchanting, way, liking my own post above too. :) :o

dfx-
16/09/2007, 12:51 AM
Just saw dfx-'s nominated post: Guaranteed my vote!:D

I could even afford not to consider the declaring an interest talents:D

Plastic Paddy
20/09/2007, 4:13 PM
Typical Irish humour from Réiteóir (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=774245&postcount=2)

Saw that in the Guardian newspaper the very same day as R's post by Seamus Scanlon of San Francisco. Are they one and the same perhaps?

:ball: PP