PDA

View Full Version : Alan McNally

pineapple stu
14/04/2003, 12:51 PM
I presume McNally's back for the Cork game? Tough to drop anyone from midfield after Friday though...

bambi
15/04/2003, 12:30 PM
It would be a bit harsh to drop someone considering the performance of your players. But i heard doolin finished with Mahon in the middle of the park! So obviously he wasn't happy with something. McNally played all of last season and the only other ever present central midfielder is McDonnell who's playin at the back.

pineapple stu
15/04/2003, 12:42 PM
He took off Cawley and put on Al Mahon into centre-back, moving Tony Mac into centre-mid. Presume he wanted more of a presence there. We were losing, so he can't have been overly hapy with the way it was going...

McNally wasn't ever-present last season, though - he would have been suspended for a game after been sent-off in the Cup against Bohs. Reckon he'll start on Friday though at Whelan's expense, but there's a decent bit of competition there again.

UCD_4_Life
15/04/2003, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
He took off Cawley and put on Al Mahon into centre-back, moving Tony Mac into centre-mid. Presume he wanted more of a presence there. We were losing, so he can't have been overly hapy with the way it was going...

McNally wasn't ever-present last season, though - he would have been suspended for a game after been sent-off in the Cup against Bohs. Reckon he'll start on Friday though at Whelan's expense, but there's a decent bit of competition there again.

I thought Whelan had as good a game as Mick O. His through ball to release Johnny showed a lot of vision.

Did anyone see Pat Jennings' double save on tele last night? David Seaman my ar$e!

Schumi
15/04/2003, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
Did anyone see Pat Jennings' double save on tele last night? David Seaman my ar$e! Yeah, brilliant. He didn't put a foot (or hand!) wrong all night.

pineapple stu
15/04/2003, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
Yeah, brilliant. He didn't put a foot (or hand!) wrong all night.

Shame you can't say the same about Robbie Mac - we should play the lad up front with headers like that!:D

@ndy
16/04/2003, 8:40 AM
Peed off about this thread...posted a reply to kevs original and didnt seem to make it...took me ages at work too!

Anyway...my basic point was, and which has been touched on by 4 life, Gavin Whelan is playing really well. Strong in the tackle, calm with the ball, and intelligent on the field. I think doolo might have been biding his time with him. I'd bank on himself and Alan Mcnally in the centre, unless doolo thinks micko deserves to be there on merit, in which case...god knows. Doolo seems to be a very fair manager which is good for competition...everyone knows they have a fair chance if they play well, remember gallen taking doyles place for the run in?

I think we'll beat cork, i honestly think we will.

UCD_4_Life
16/04/2003, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
Peed off about this thread...posted a reply to kevs original and didnt seem to make it...took me ages at work too!

Anyway...my basic point was, and which has been touched on by 4 life, Gavin Whelan is playing really well. Strong in the tackle, calm with the ball, and intelligent on the field. I think doolo might have been biding his time with him. I'd bank on himself and Alan Mcnally in the centre, unless doolo thinks micko deserves to be there on merit, in which case...god knows. Doolo seems to be a very fair manager which is good for competition...everyone knows they have a fair chance if they play well, remember gallen taking doyles place for the run in?

I think we'll beat cork, i honestly think we will.

Doyler was dropped because he started to put on weight, apparently.

pineapple stu
16/04/2003, 6:38 PM
Heard that alright - the part-time training didn't suit him. If that's right, he should be class for Bohs this season...:( :(

@ndy
17/04/2003, 10:46 AM
Really. That's a bit mad. Doolo...you lied to me on national radio :'(

Eh, yeh, heard someone say to him at the skonto game...have you lost weight and he was like...yeah, i have alright.

FAT *******! ;)

midfieldgeneral
17/04/2003, 11:42 AM
i reckon he'll start with mcnally and whealen in the middle and o'donnell on the wing. He'll drop cawley to give him a kick up the arse cause he was shocking the last day. I was there with the bohs fans and they were gutted when he was takin off cause they felt he was the weak link;) :p

pineapple stu
17/04/2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by @ndy
:'(
;)

How many of those smilies do you have, @ndy?!