PDA

View Full Version : The "Ref"

pete
14/04/2003, 12:14 PM
Would be unfair to say he was biased on saturday but can anyone remember the last time a "ref" at the cro0ss missing so many decisions.

After about 30mins i lost count of the throw ins & particularily the corners missed by the ref.

1-0 to the Dublin refs

:rolleyes:

niamh
14/04/2003, 12:18 PM
The irritating thing is it has happened before and will again.
Will there ever be a Cork ref for these fixtures?
Or even just another county outside Dublin would do...

NorthoftheLee
14/04/2003, 12:21 PM
1-0 to the Dublin refs

somehow I cant see us coming back from that!!!at the end of the season I'd say dub refs will have won it by a large rugby score....

the ref and linesman(DF stand side) were appalling.....so frustrating and madning!!:mad:

will people take notice now that their incompetence was shown up on tv???prob not..:rolleyes:

b_mcsweeney
14/04/2003, 12:46 PM
well apparently alan whassisname (kelly?), the cork ref who was 4th official saturday, is supposed to be brutal. mc Keone, while stopping short of out and out bias, definitely didn't seem inclined to give anything even vaguely 50-50ish cities way. that and he didn't really let the game flow i thought (though the play of the 2 teams has to be factored into that).

the linesman on the DF side looked fairly young (for an official) and seemed really nervous. he gave some appaling decisions and recieved a bit of a barracking from the crowd. that said, city were so bad that i'd have a hard time blaming the officiating for the performance/result.

patsh
14/04/2003, 1:47 PM
The worst decision was not to award a corner from Dan's deflected shot.
That was beyond belief.

Muppet
14/04/2003, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
well apparently alan whassisname (kelly?), the cork ref who was 4th official saturday, is supposed to be brutal. mc Keone, while stopping short of out and out bias, definitely didn't seem inclined to give anything even vaguely 50-50ish cities way. that and he didn't really let the game flow i thought (though the play of the 2 teams has to be factored into that).

the linesman on the DF side looked fairly young (for an official) and seemed really nervous. he gave some appaling decisions and recieved a bit of a barracking from the crowd. that said, city were so bad that i'd have a hard time blaming the officiating for the performance/result.

Wouldn't blame the ref for the performance, but he was chronic. I wanted to leather him after ten minutes. Seeing a funeral passing the cross just after the game made me realise what's really important though.

pete
14/04/2003, 2:08 PM
Best sight of the 1st half was Dolan losing it on the sideline with a barrage of "opinion" at the linesmans & 4th officals direction only to then calm down & shake the 4th officals hand.

Would never see Liam Murphy show such passion on the touch line.

Yes, giving a goal kick for Dans deflected shot beggared belief.

:rolleyes:

smeeee
14/04/2003, 2:37 PM
ok the ref was absolutely crap just like the linesman on the donnie forde stand side he didn't have a clue, but can anything be done, every game its the same and its not doin any good for the game its just not right

razor
14/04/2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Muppet
Seeing a funeral passing the cross just after the game made me realise what's really important though.

Agree, I was pretty ****ed off coming out of the ground with the Ref and City but seeing that young boys removal with the City jersey on the coffin put it all in perspective.

Dodge
14/04/2003, 4:30 PM
Lads the ref wasn't biased, just crap. We weren't happy with him either.

Oh and didn't we tell you about Dolan's tactics. At least we have the excuse of playing away to the team with last years best home record with a new team. What's yours?

James
14/04/2003, 4:34 PM
lol well dodge we were **** on sat
one of the worst displays ive seen from a city side, including last years run of embarassing away matches, but the fact remains dodge as bad and all as we were, and no-one's disputing yesterday we were bad, ye were AS bad

we all know city can play better , but pats lol thats exactly what i expected from ye :D, lose Osam and ye are relegation contenders

agreed bout the ref, shocking game for both sides

cheekyais
14/04/2003, 8:37 PM
The ref was crap and did u see alan kelly nearly drag Pat Dolan off da line as he wanted to get at the linesman for a bad decision and the ref, of course.:confused:

SÓC
14/04/2003, 9:08 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
At the end of the game Murray ran across the penalty area to meet a cross and Osam simply put his two arms around him and pulled him back.

Didn't expect the linesman to see it - he could hardly see over the curve in the pitch. I think he travelled in the refs pocket.

Hugh Mansfield caught Osam in the act anseo (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/clubshop2003/120403_citypats_mansfield/Late_action_in_the_penalty_area_Pic_Hugh_Mansfield )

A face
14/04/2003, 9:27 PM
Just go to Citynet and go to pic no. 7 and have a look see !!