PDA

View Full Version : Football Quiz

Billy Lord
31/08/2007, 4:39 PM
Shamrock Rovers are holding a football quiz at The Purty Kitchen, Essex Street, Dublin 2, on Thursday September 13th at 8pm.
The subjects range from the Irish international team to European club football, World Cups and European Championships, players, moments, quotes, as well as visual, audio and action rounds.
For more info visit www.shamrockrovers.ie:ball:

stojkovic
31/08/2007, 8:30 PM
Fcuking stupid night to hold it with everyone returning from Prague absolutely shattered.

Otherwise i would go.

Also a Thursday night when most junior players train.

Strange indeed.

sligoman
31/08/2007, 8:45 PM
Why's this in EL section?

pineapple stu
31/08/2007, 8:48 PM
Why not?

Must try and get a team together.

GreenStar
01/09/2007, 1:03 AM
Why's this in EL section?

em, because Shamrock Rovers are an EL Club perhaps?????

Oh, also they're holding a fundraiser that might appeal to EL fans.

Just a hunch though.

sligoman
01/09/2007, 1:11 AM
em, because Shamrock Rovers are an EL Club perhaps?????

Oh, also they're holding a fundraiser that might appeal to EL fans.

Just a hunch though.Well Shams have their own forum. Limerick are also having a quiz but posted it in there section, not here.

GreenStar
01/09/2007, 1:13 AM
Never heard of these shams people u speak of.

sligoman
01/09/2007, 1:19 AM
Never heard of these shams people u speak of.http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=8

GreenStar
01/09/2007, 1:26 AM
sligoman, since I've some onto this board you have consistently proven yourself to be a bitter individual for whatever reason. You've taken the whole "Real Rovers" thing to heart. I don't understand why you have chosen to be this way but it's there. At first I thought I was misreading the situation but I've gone back over it and it's there. Every post. So I've decided to just ignore you from here on in. I won't be replying/responding to anything else you post. Have fun.

sligoman
01/09/2007, 1:27 AM
sligoman, since I've some onto this board you have consistently proven yourself to be a bitter individual for whatever reason. You've taken the whole "Real Rovers" thing to heart. I don't understand why you have chosen to be this way but it's there. At first I thought I was misreading the situation but I've gone back over it and it's there. Every post. So I've decided to just ignore you from here on in. I won't be replying/responding to anything else you post. Have fun.Oh, I'm upset now. I'll miss your replies...

dahamsta
01/09/2007, 1:40 AM
Hoops_R_Us, and anyone else that is annoyed by the behaviour of another user on Foot.ie, try this:
Click on the user's handle.
Click Add [USER] user to Your Ignore List.
Click Save List on the next page.adam

DmanDmythDledge
01/09/2007, 1:46 AM
Why not?

Must try and get a team together.
I'm in. UCD sha la la la.

Hoops_R_Us, and anyone else that is annoyed by the behaviour of another user on Foot.ie, try this:

Click on the user's handle.
Click Add [USER] user to Your Ignore List.
Click Save List on the next page.adam
Problem with that is that you can't add mods to your ignore list.;)

dahamsta
01/09/2007, 2:35 AM
Only in the forum they moderate, I think?

stann
02/09/2007, 12:27 PM
Ironically, I can't read what Dman said (guess why? :D ) but I assume he said he's not allowed to ignore sligoman because he's a moderator.
I just checked it again and it does apply to this forum.
I say again because a few days ago I tried to ignore a different member on here and found that he too was a mod and could not be ignored.

Dodge
02/09/2007, 12:51 PM
As a general rule all fundraisers from all clubs are allowed here (and they definitely should be)

I'd guess that the L37 one was in the Limerick section due to geography. There's a lot more LOI fans in Dublin than just Rovers, so it makes sense to advertise it here.

The last time Pats had a football quiz, there were supporters of Rovers, Bohs, Derry and Longford there and a good time was had by all.

Schumi
03/09/2007, 10:17 AM
Only in the forum they moderate, I think?Unfortunately not, someone getting promoted to a mod broke my ignore list for ages. :D

dahamsta
03/09/2007, 11:11 AM
There's a logic to that I guess, if you're actually breaking the rules and the mod ticks you off, you're not gonna know. There's an alternative though: be a grownup, and just ignore the person anyway. :)

adam

Réiteoir
03/09/2007, 11:20 AM
Unfortunately not, someone getting promoted to a mod broke my ignore list for ages. :D

Sorry about that Schumi - I trust it's working OK now? :D

How much per team?

Teams of 501 or more only, €1 per team member, discount for those who bring drums

Schumi
03/09/2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry about that Schumi - I trust it's working OK now? :D:D Said person doesn't seem to be around much any more (how obvious can make it as who I'm talking about, I wonder?) so I've cleared the list. It stayed empty for about three days I think. :rolleyes:

bluemovie
06/09/2007, 3:10 PM
The last time Pats had a football quiz, there were supporters of Rovers, Bohs, Derry and Longford there and a good time was had by all.

If that was the one in McDowells last October (?), there were Blues fans there too....and we won it :D.

Dodge
06/09/2007, 10:04 PM
Wasn't at that one myself.

(Myself and wws are reigning champs in my mind... ;) )