PDA

View Full Version : Match verdict + Player Ratings

applehunter
14/04/2003, 1:36 AM
IN A WORD " DISAPPOINTING"

It had all the ingrediants of a good game, yet it came to jot. Firstly I would like to say well done to the St. Pats supporters who I thought were absolutely brilliant. They certainly showed up the shed. I don't understand the problem the club has with flares, I thought it was good. On the radio, Eoin Hand remarked"Oh, and the St. Pats supporters have lit a flare, I can't understand why?"

This leads me on to the next point. .THE GAME

Crapp doesn't do it justice. I was met with unanimous agreement afterwords that it was the worst Cork City game seen in a long time.

Why?

I think there are a number of reasons.
1. As with most games that are hyped up, they don't live up to expectations.
2. George O'Callaghan was missing, someone who is able to turn on the ball and make a forward pass.
3. Alan Carey on the right wing. He just does not do enough as a forward player. I can't remember once him making a good pass, decent cross, even get in position to looking dangerous.
4. Not enough closing down. In the first half only Greg O'Hallorahan was working. For about the final 20 minutes we played well because all players were pressurising the ball.

Player Ratings.
Mick Devine 7 - Good concentration
Hoggie 6 - Looked Nervous
Murray 8 - Class Act-his drag back was the best moment of the game
Bennet 5 Not composed. Headless chicken.
Gaz 5 Not enough going forward and Bad Distribution.
Carey 5 Poor, Not quick enough, not willing to make the runs. How many times did we look dangerous down the right? Am I being too harsh?
Greg 8 Good work in the middle, he worked his ass off, Good Stuff! Apppreciated!
Conor O'Grady 6 Promising performance
Billy Woods 7Good effort, not matched on the other wing. Always willing.
John O'Flynn 7 Not afforded any space, but still was always looking to get in behind. Pity our midfield did not notice.
Kevin Doyle 7 Some good touches. This guy looks a good player.

Colin P O'Brien 8 You have to love the guy. Came out of the traps like a greyhound! Was a real mennace when he came on.
Michael Buckley 5 He's only 19/20, and I am informed that he is better than what he showed yesterday

thecorner
14/04/2003, 2:43 PM
kevin doyle 7
what game were u watching

id struggle to give him 3 and thats being generous

smeeee
14/04/2003, 7:17 PM
greg was definately the best out there, the rest were average but why the hell is carey playin surely warren should stroll in ahead of him, buckley is gonna be a class player when he gets goin like doyle

thecorner
14/04/2003, 8:43 PM
buckley was also pathetic. couldnt even put his foot on the ball. think we r gonna struggle this season

A face
14/04/2003, 8:54 PM
None of them were playing any great passing football, Carey ... what is happening to him, he is have a nightmare the last year. George O'Callaghan was missed sorely, need more creative players ... O'Grady ... a shadow of his former self, this needs to change fast, is he staying out of the pub ??. Passing game was very poor i thought, Osam had a great game, stopped it all happening. City's tactics were very poor.