PDA

View Full Version : colin healy

cfcgirl
13/04/2003, 11:16 PM
colin healy is hotley tipped to go to sunderland . Hope its not true as it would be a shame to see him in the first division.

colster
14/04/2003, 11:19 AM
I think it would be a good move for Healy if he played in the 1st Division.
He will more than likely get first team football with Sunderland. That might not be the case with a Premiership team.

I think the most important thing for Healy at this stage of his career is to get consistent first team football at a decent level.

Obviously the Premiership would be great but the 1st division would not be a bad place to play for a season.

After all our current central midfield have all played in the 1st division while playing for Ireland and it doesn't seem to have done Duff, Kinsella, Holland or Reid etc that much harm.

pineapple stu
14/04/2003, 12:49 PM
Bear in mind as well that the Sunderland link is due to McCarthy, who rates him highly as a player. And sure anyway, the First Division is still a much higher standard than the Scottish Premier (Celtic and Rangers excepted), especially if he'll be a first team regular.

I reckon it'd be a great move.

thecorner
16/04/2003, 6:13 PM
cant see mccarthy signing a corkman

might be too much trouble for him

fonzi
28/04/2003, 1:49 PM
Everton have been looking at him for some time now, and in the papers over here, it's tipped that they'll be after him at the end of the season.
note though, he will be a free agent.

colster
29/04/2003, 9:37 AM
I heard that Portsmouth and Leeds are looking at him as well.
Not a bad list of clubs to make a choice from
Portsmouth,
Sunderland,
Everton and
Leeds.

I think he'll get his game where ever he goes.
If I had a preference I'd say Everton or Portsmouth.

fonzi
01/05/2003, 8:03 AM
if i was him id go to everton.
good things hppnin there, and there midfields a bit weak, hed get a starting place alright.

radebe
10/08/2003, 8:27 AM
Leeds are hoping to sign him this week according to the Leeds website.

I'm a Leeds season ticket holder from across the water and was wondering if you could offer your opinions on Healy.

I've no idea how good Healy is as I've never seen him play.

How does he compare to Stephen McPhail at Leeds ? McPhail is a superb footballer BUT will never make it in the Prem League as he is simply not athletic enough. Shame really.

I'm hoping Healy is not in the same mould.

kind regards

Rads
:ball:

petef
10/08/2003, 9:26 AM
Reason I think he didn't get a shot at Celtic was O'Neill's blind faith in Neil Lennon.

Troy.McClure
10/08/2003, 1:59 PM
I dont think that its too much to say that Healy will be the next Roy Keane as long as he gets some first team action on a regular basis. He's a great tackeler and gets forward well but tracks back too. Celtic are losing a real gem. He played for Leeds in Tolka didnt he?

NigeSausagepump
11/08/2003, 7:30 AM
Originally posted by radebe
Leeds are hoping to sign him this week according to the Leeds website.

I'm a Leeds season ticket holder from across the water and was wondering if you could offer your opinions on Healy.

I've no idea how good Healy is as I've never seen him play.

How does he compare to Stephen McPhail at Leeds ? McPhail is a superb footballer BUT will never make it in the Prem League as he is simply not athletic enough. Shame really.

I'm hoping Healy is not in the same mould.

kind regards

Rads
:ball:

You're probably better off asking a Celtic fan (ie not me :D ) as they've probably seen more of him. However, from the games he's played for Ireland, he looks quailty to me. What impressed me most is the bite and passion he shows in his play, something that our other central midfielders really lack IMHO. He's got a great engine and will put the head in where others wouldn't put in their foot. I know Leeds fans really appreciate someone who will die for the club, and I would say Healy is definitely of that ilk.

Really baffles me as to why no one has picked him up yet.

petef
11/08/2003, 9:22 AM
I wouldnt call him a muppet, he's inherited a side that needs much restructuring and is on a downslide.

Cityace
11/08/2003, 10:06 AM
Restructurong and on a downside or not, he still has to get his first point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

Healy has been training in ballincollig all the while, i think it would have been sensible to train in city's sessions while he was here.

radebe
13/08/2003, 4:03 PM
he's decided to go to Sunderland.

shame - i was hoping he'd some to Leeds :-(

niamh
14/08/2003, 8:54 PM
He would have been a good signing for Leeds.
Having seen the play against Villa I have to say
they are really lacking leadership and tough nut
in midfield. Batty was missing, but Healy would
be ideal. Morris and Milner are very small on the
right side of mifield and no replacement for
Dacourt and Bowyer.