PDA

View Full Version : McGeogh targets success

A face
13/04/2003, 10:35 PM
McGeogh targets success

Waterford boss, Jimmy McGeogh, has admitted that he is targeting a place in the top four and that having to worry about survival is the last thing on his mind.

The Blues manager was talking following his side’s humiliating 4-0 home defeat by Shelbourne in the opening round of the eircom Premier Division. Most neutral supporters immediately believed that Waterford would have a season dominated by trying to avoid the drop, but McGeogh thinks otherwise.

“Survival? That’s not even on the agenda,” revealed McGeough. “We can make the top four. We’ll be very competitive. We won’t be beaten easily; we’ll be enthusiastic about winning.

The bottom line is that history shows that we are not going to be able to compete realistically with other teams who have more experience than us, have better players than us, who have more money than us, who are more skilful than us. We know all that. I just hope my guys will prove to be as mentally tough as they were last season.

“The bare facts of the matter are that this club doesn’t have money to throw around like other clubs seem to have. We have other things which we need to concentrate on at the club but we have introduced a number of key players who I think will improve the squad.”

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=4969)