PDA

View Full Version : Czech squad

bwagner
30/08/2007, 2:38 PM
Czech Republic squad
Goalkeepers: Petr Čech (Chelsea FC), Jaromír Blažek (1. FC Nürnberg), Martin Vaniak (SK Slavia Praha).

Defenders: Marek Jankulovski (AC Milan), Radoslav Kováč (FC Spartak Moskva), David Rozehnal (Newcastle United FC), Tomáš Ujfaluši (ACF Fiorentina), Tomáš Zápotočný (Udinese Calcio), Zdeněk Pospěch (AC Sparta Praha).

Midfielders: Tomáš Galásek (1. FC Nürnberg), David Jarolím (Hamburger SV), Jaroslav Plašil (CA Osasuna), Jan Polák (RSC Anderlecht), Tomáš Rosický (Arsenal FC), Tomáš Sivok (Udinese Calcio).

Forwards: Jan Koller (AS Monaco FC), Milan Baroš (Olympique Lyonnais), Marek Kulič (AC Sparta Praha), Martin Fenin (FK Teplice), Stanislav Vlček (SK Slavia Praha).

bwagner
30/08/2007, 2:39 PM
Martin Fenin... Traitor :O)

eirebhoy
30/08/2007, 2:40 PM
Seems to be full strength.

bwagner
30/08/2007, 2:45 PM
Guys do we know if Mintel and vittek are back for Slovakia?

livehead1
30/08/2007, 2:48 PM
On paper what you can only describe as a very strong squad.

Hibs4Ever
30/08/2007, 2:53 PM
Stanislav Vlček (SK Slavia Praha)

He got both goals for Slavia last night against Ajax. QUALITY Player

Sligo Hornet
30/08/2007, 2:54 PM
The England Squad always "looks strong on paper".......but is always a collection of players, rather than "A TEAM".....I think the Czechs are more or less the same at present...imho

billybunter
30/08/2007, 3:16 PM
to be honest, I would'nt mind seeing Rosicky pick up a strain. We never seem to be able to get a handle on a skinny, speedy little playmaker. They also tend to draw yellow cards - cos when you tackle them they fly up in the air.... (going back to Luis garcia-aspe in Orlando '94). The wee bolivian #10 in the recent friendly in Boston looked like Adrian Mole, about 6 stone weight - yet he had a field day against us.

eirebhoy
30/08/2007, 3:34 PM
The England Squad always "looks strong on paper".......but is always a collection of players, rather than "A TEAM".....I think the Czechs are more or less the same at present...imho
I wouldn't agree with that. With the players England have they should be much more succesful. The Czechs don't have an exceptional squad. Player by player they're not that much better than us.

youngirish
30/08/2007, 3:56 PM
On paper its not much different than our squad. Lots of players playing in the Czech league which is pretty poor and for poor European sides in other leagues.

Hibs4Ever
30/08/2007, 3:59 PM
On paper its not much different than our squad. Lots of players playing in the Czech league which is pretty poor and for poor European sides in other leagues.

Do you think the Dutch league is poor? Slavia knocked out Ajax last night after beating them home AND away. Sparta have been regulars in group stages of champions league, they were just unlucky this year to get one of europes best teams

Soper
30/08/2007, 4:20 PM
It's not the Premiership, so it must be rubbish.

Paulie
30/08/2007, 4:24 PM
From the looks of the that it seems to me that their starting 11 is pretty decent but I don't reckon they have a lot of strength in depth.

youngirish
30/08/2007, 4:25 PM
Do you think the Dutch league is poor? Slavia knocked Ajax last night after beating them home AND away. Sparta have been regulars in group stages of champions league, they were just unlucky this year to get one of europes best teams

Sorry. My mistake. It's brilliant. I forgot about all those foreign players being brought into the Czech league and all that money that's invested into it to keep the best homegrown talent. I also forgot the fact that on the odd occasion that one of their teams do make the group stages of the Champions League they rarely get near the knockout stages.

I stand corrected, one good result really does make or break a whole national league.

P.S. I reckon Sunderland would beat both Sparta and Slavia Prague and they have plenty of Irish players who can't make the squad. That's about the level I think it's at.

Ceirtlis
30/08/2007, 4:27 PM
Guys do we know if Mintel and vittek are back for Slovakia?

Both played in Nurnbergs last game so id presume so.

Stuttgart88
30/08/2007, 4:30 PM
How does it compare to Azerbaijan's?

Ceirtlis
30/08/2007, 4:30 PM

The Czech league aint up to much but they might not even be any of the players from the czech league playing.

Hibs4Ever
30/08/2007, 4:41 PM
Sorry. My mistake. It's brilliant. I forgot about all those foreign players being brought into the Czech league and all that money that's invested into it to keep the best homegrown talent. I also forgot the fact that on the odd occasion that one of their teams do make the group stages of the Champions League they rarely get near the knockout stages.

I stand corrected, one good result really does make or break a whole national league.

P.S. I reckon Sunderland would beat both Sparta and Slavia Prague and they have plenty of Irish players who can't make the squad. That's about the level I think it's at.

You REALLY are clueless :confused:

By the way, I'm still awaiting your responses on the Azerbaijan thread!!

Theskinloyal
30/08/2007, 4:55 PM
Tomas Sivok - Top player...in football manager anyway

youngirish
30/08/2007, 5:01 PM
You REALLY are clueless :confused:

I love when people come out with this sort of rubbish whenever a stupid statement they make is shot down. Shows who really is clueless. As for your Alan O'Brien comment on the other thread yes I acknowledge you have seen him play in total about 200 minutes of football over the last 2 weeks and that of course makes you an expert on him. Get this, I've actually seen him play before he moved to Hibs. Yes he did have a career beforehand playing for Newcastle, Carlisle and Ireland generally playing (with the exception of his Carlisle loan period) against decent opposition and not the donkeys that pass for players in the SPL. I'd judge his Newcastle and Ireland performances as more relevant to his ability as a player than those games against Dundee and St Mirren thank you very much. Remind me again how many full competitive games has he played for Hibernian again since his move there without being substituted fairly early in the game or being a substitute himself? 1 or 2 is it? Willo Flood gets more game time ffs.

Ivan Sproule your last hot tip. Remind me again how is he doing in the Championship? How would you know anything about top class International players when you watch Hibs week in, week out? They are dross.

Hibs4Ever
30/08/2007, 5:12 PM
I love when people come out with this sort of rubbish whenever a stupid statement they make is shot down. Shows who really is clueless. As for your Alan O'Brien comment on the other thread yes I acknowledge you have seen him play in total about 200 minutes of football over the last 2 weeks and taht of course makes you an expert on him? Get this, I've actually seen him play before he moved to Hibs. Yes he did have a career beforehand playign for Newcastle and Ireland against decent opposition and not donkeys. I'd judge his Newcastle and Ireland performances as mroe relevant to his abaility as a player than those games against Dundee and St Mirren thank you very much.

Ivan Sproule your last hot tip. Remind me how is he doing in the Championship? How would you know anything about top class International players when you watch Hibs week in, week out?

1) O'brien has played a LOT more than 200 minutes for Hibs, so AGAIN i ask you to stop making up stories :rolleyes:

2) What matches for Newcastle did you see him play? He didn't play very much for Ireland so what makes YOU an expert on him :rolleyes:

3) Show me the post where I called Ivan Spoule "WORLD CLASS" like you claimed I did. Or are you just talking sh!t and lying to make yourself look like you have a clue what you're talking about

4) Sproule is doing FINE in championship, played his first game for them a couple of nights ago against Man City as he was SUSPENDED for all their games before that, but I'm sure you knew that already :rolleyes:

Now, answer my above points and lets see if you DO know what you're talking about

youngirish
30/08/2007, 5:23 PM
Alan O'Brien has only played the full 90 minutes for Hibs in 2 games this season so he's played about as much for Ireland as he has for Hibs.

I've also seen him playing for Newcastle in a few Premiership games and in his European (Intertoto Cup mostly) exploits.
Here you're like EG and I'm not going to convince you that you're wrong but I'll sum it up for you.

1. Alan O'Brien is muck, nowhere good enough for International football
2. Ivan Sproule is muck, nowhere good enough for International football (but still better than Alan O'Brien)
3. Hibs are pants and are not good enough to have decent International players wanting to play for them

SkStu
30/08/2007, 5:58 PM
football is all about opinions YoungIrish, yet you state yours like they are facts. Wise up young fella.

One mans Alan O'Brien is another mans Ivan Sproule.

Hibs4Ever
30/08/2007, 7:26 PM
Alan O'Brien has only played the full 90 minutes for Hibs in 2 games this season so he's played about as much for Ireland as he has for Hibs.

I've also seen him playing for Newcastle in a few Premiership games and in his European (Intertoto Cup mostly) exploits.
Here you're like EG and I'm not going to convince you that you're wrong but I'll sum it up for you.

1. Alan O'Brien is muck, nowhere good enough for International football
2. Ivan Sproule is muck, nowhere good enough for International football (but still better than Alan O'Brien)
3. Hibs are pants and are not good enough to have decent International players wanting to play for them

You ever hear of pre season football??

IrishGuy, you obviosly can't prove your lies about me saying sproule was "world class" so I ask that you stop posting nonsense claims here that people said thing on the forum that you make up in your head.

Thanks

paul_oshea
30/08/2007, 7:44 PM
football is all about opinions YoungIrish, yet you state yours like they are facts

Very well put, however in all cases where I make a post, they are fact as well as being my opinion.

tetsujin1979
30/08/2007, 7:50 PM
Well done, you got something right, Alan O'Brien has played 90 minutes for Hibs twice this season, but he's played 299 minutes in total for them this season so far.

That would be some trick, he's played a grand total of 9 minutes in the Intertoto Cup.

Sligo Hornet
30/08/2007, 8:05 PM
This is turning into a miaaaowww situation:eek:.........toys, dummies,prams, my brother's bigger than yours........etc..etc:rolleyes:

Stuttgart88
30/08/2007, 8:21 PM
Hibs are pants and are not good enough to have decent International players wanting to play for themAre they good enough to have young players still building their careers and who are only on the fringe of squads of small countries looking to build for the future and who have only an outside chance of qualifying for a finals any time soon?

NeilMcD
30/08/2007, 8:25 PM
I am a fan of Garvan but are Ipswish not pretty similar to Hibs. Everything nis not black and white.