PDA

View Full Version : possibly the wost game ever seen

el insider
12/04/2003, 7:10 PM
well lads what did you guys think of that for a bore this afternoon.tv3 out of all the games they had to pick the worst performance ive ever seen at an eircom league game ever.
that performance shows why people support english clubs and forget about the loi.that definetely wouldnt entice anyone to an el game.............................................. .........................................

UCD_4_Life
12/04/2003, 7:13 PM
I just posted something to the same effect in the Cork forum.

I was praying for a goal in the second half as that would have forced someone to start attacking.

techs
12/04/2003, 7:14 PM
It was poor alright. Its never a good sign either when you see a s**t load of sand liftin of the pitch every time the ball bounces. Being honest the 1st series of games werent as good as expected.

UCD_4_Life
12/04/2003, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by techs
It was poor alright. Its never a good sign either when you see a s**t load of sand liftin of the pitch every time the ball bounces. Being honest the 1st series of games werent as good as expected.

In fairness us against Bohs was a good game with a good few chances.

Longford - Derry and Rovers - Drogs was entertaining, apparently.

It wasn't too bad overall and it'll hopefully get better. There are some potentially excellent games next week.

techs
12/04/2003, 8:22 PM
rovers and drogs was poor. too much long ball

eoinh
12/04/2003, 10:35 PM
one of the worst games ive ever attended.

hopefully things will improve. we have to play it around.

actually we missed o'callaghan.

is he suspended for the ucd match?

yur man
12/04/2003, 11:44 PM
are they showin any of next weeks games?

if not, anyone know the next game they are showin

UCD_4_Life
13/04/2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
one of the worst games ive ever attended.

hopefully things will improve. we have to play it around.

actually we missed o'callaghan.

is he suspended for the ucd match?

No, just one game.

TV3 probably won't show another one 'til the next big clash between two of Rovers, Shels and Bohs.

The way it was last season anyway for the few that they actually did show.

pineapple stu
13/04/2003, 10:38 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Cork play in an entertainig match - they just seem to hoof it all the time. I willa dmit that I've seen them few enough times live - the games against UCD, where they just hoof it up to Clive and do nothing else, and the live games against Pat's and Derry, which were more of the same. Dolan's a class marketing executive (or whatever), but after picking up a reputation as a hoof merchant last season, you'd have to wonder if Cork were right in appointing him. He'll turn them into a very big club, but not much good if they're going to come mid-table again.

patsh
13/04/2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by techs
Sand??:confused:
The pitch was the ony good thing about the game.
I could not see any sand there.
Did you see sand on TV?

UCD_4_Life
13/04/2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Sand??:confused:
The pitch was the ony good thing about the game.
I could not see any sand there.
Did you see sand on TV?

Kind of.

At times when players kicked the ball a load dust flew up. It could've been sand...

hoofball
13/04/2003, 3:21 PM
I thought the pitch was sanded a lot, especially around the box by the St Annes end. You could see the sand coming up when the keepers were kicking off the ground....don't think it was dust as it was kinda wet out there!!

pete
14/04/2003, 10:31 AM
The tv camera was on top of the stand so would show any sanding a lot clearer than people at the match would see.

Seriously disappointing game after all the hype.

:(

Schumi
14/04/2003, 11:31 AM
After all this, I'm glad I didn't see it now!

@ndy
14/04/2003, 11:50 AM
The leinster game wasn't much better :P

pineapple stu
14/04/2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by @ndy
The leinster game wasn't much better :P

Rugby and entertaining - what's wrong with that sentence?! ;)