PDA

View Full Version : Sammo to Derry?

DmanDmythDledge
29/08/2007, 3:18 PM
Thread on the Derry forum saying that they've signed him on a pre-contract agreement. Could well be completely untrue though. If he gets capped for the U-21s we would be due a nice fee for him.

pineapple stu
29/08/2007, 5:11 PM
Club haven't heard anything.

DmanDmythDledge
29/08/2007, 10:13 PM
Club haven't heard anything.
Wouldn't have to if it's a pre-contract agreement.

Poor Student
29/08/2007, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't have to if it's a pre-contract agreement.

It's very bad etiquette not to inform the club about such things. I assume a club as to be informed when compensation is due?

DmanDmythDledge
29/08/2007, 10:18 PM
It's very bad etiquette not to inform the club about such things. I assume a club as to be informed when compensation is due?
Yeah it is, but I still think that he hasn't signed anything. Don't know how it works about informing the club about compensation.

Aaron
29/08/2007, 11:45 PM
I doubt that talks were held last night and a deal was signed, there wouldnt have been much time, plus i'm sure Pete Mahon would want to know why he was being talked to. Its probably just a Derry rumour

lofty9
30/08/2007, 9:25 AM
I doubt that talks were held last night and a deal was signed, there wouldnt have been much time, plus i'm sure Pete Mahon would want to know why he was being talked to. Its probably just a Derry rumour

I was told before the game that he had signed for next year and Kelly was away to York by the same person. I would trust this info and source 100%.

pineapple stu
30/08/2007, 9:38 PM
plus i'm sure Pete Mahon would want to know why he was being talked to.
My thinking too.

Anyway, nothing we can do; just have to wait and see what happens.

pineapple stu
07/09/2007, 6:30 PM
Talking to Maccer again today; said he's still not heard anything about it.

Poor Student
07/09/2007, 6:35 PM
It'd be extremely poor etiquette for him to be signed up for so long and the club not be informed, you'd have to assume it's not true at this stage.

Student Mullet
07/09/2007, 10:41 PM
Sorry, that was last year.

DmanDmythDledge
08/09/2007, 2:12 PM
It'd be extremely poor etiquette for him to be signed up for so long and the club not be informed, you'd have to assume it's not true at this stage.
I think JR says that he's agreed to sign for next season which means nothing as if talks were held with Sammo he could have quoted him out of context. Also he could have "agreed" to sign to try and get a bit more money off us to stay next season.