PDA

View Full Version : Do women propose?

Risteard
29/08/2007, 12:22 PM
without talking about it?
I presume most couples have kind of agreed to wed before the man proposes but does a 'chick' ever pop the question?

paul_oshea
29/08/2007, 12:26 PM
are you getting worried risteard?!?! :D

sounds like it to me. just had this conversation with a mate at lunch time, mad or what?!?! he said his bird proposed a few times and he said NO! :)

shakermaker1982
29/08/2007, 12:29 PM
are you getting worried risteard?!?! :D

sounds like it to me. just had this conversation with a mate at lunch time, mad or what?!?! he said his bird proposed a few times and he said NO! :)

very brave man!!!!! :D

Plastic Paddy
29/08/2007, 12:32 PM
After seven years of telling the now-to-be Mrs PP that I wanted to marry her she finally cracked and, one drunken night a couple of months ago, told me that if I were to ask again she would consider the proposal favourably. I then went on bended knee etc., etc. and you know/can work out the rest.

The old saying goes that women can ask men to marry them in a leap year. Just four months to wait, then. :D

:ball: PP

(And what's with the "chick" thing? Awful. Women are women, not birds, not chicks, but women... :p )

Risteard
29/08/2007, 12:33 PM
As in a magical moment where she said 'will you marry me?' or just mentioned it in passing 'we should get married.'?
It's not worry at all pos but might be expecting it. Anyone who wants to go back to Paris again with their loved-up bahfrien is bound to have something up her sleeve.
I've already joked at the idea and picked out the diamond that she has to get me but half-thinking she'll ask me.*

*on bended knee on top of Le Tour Eiffel.She'd get great amusement out of something like that.

So it does happen?

Risteard
29/08/2007, 12:36 PM
The old saying goes that women can ask men to marry them in a leap year. Just four months to wait, then. :D

Eek.:eek:

dahamsta
29/08/2007, 12:38 PM
As Paddy says, traditionally a woman "may" propose on February 29 (i.e. on a Leap Year), but there's no reason why they shouldn't do it any time they like. It's up to you whether to feel emasculated or not. :)

My gf told me that if it got as far as that date she'd take the initiative, but I got there first.

adam

Sheridan
29/08/2007, 12:38 PM
It's actually only February 29th on which a woman can propose (according to tradition), not an entire leap year. Make sure you're out of town that day.

Risteard
29/08/2007, 12:54 PM
As Paddy says, traditionally a woman "may" propose on February 29 (i.e. on a Leap Year),
:eek::eek::eek:
1st March is 5th anniversary I'm sure

paul_oshea
29/08/2007, 12:56 PM
Sheridan class.

Risteard, I had a dirty joke but considering she is going to be your wife sooner rather than later ( :D ) I will refrain from such boldness.

Risteard
29/08/2007, 12:57 PM
No shame pos, no shame.
Fire away.